Best and worst bus service

CSR usually has excellent bus service. The moderates tend to have better service than either the value resorts or the deluxe resorts.

We have stayed at CBR, WL, AKL, BC, GF, & Poly and while all resorts have their share of "not-so-good" bus service, our best was at CBR and our worst was at BC. With that said, we are go with the flow kind of people and are never in a hurry when on vacation, so we don't mind if it takes a little longer to get somewhere. Also, our bad experience at the BC wasn't that bad to where it would keep us from staying there again or try another Epcot resort, we would just be more prepared.

The worst bus service is at whatever resort I am staying at and the best is whatever resort is being picked up next to us while waiting at the parks. Honestly, do not even try to choose a resort based on bus service. Our experiences have had better service at all of the values over any moderate (including CSR) and we had some lousy experiences staying deluxe several times. We had great bus service in April at cbr and friends that stayed there in September had nothing but problems. You just never know what you are going to get.

There is a veteran Diser who goes by the name of CleveRocks who wrote an opinion on the WDW bus system back in 6/12. I think it should be required reading for any newbie coming to stay at WDW, and for some who whine and complain about the buses without any sound knowledge to base them on. Here it is:

The bus service is pretty much the same at all resorts; buses to each destination are supposed to run on average about every 20 minutes. So why do so many people insist it's bad one place and good at another? Human nature, or at least two aspects of human nature. One is a phenomenon you can call the "grass is always greener" effect (everyone else's experience seems better than our own), and the other is the mistaken assumption that what happens to us once is the way it usually is for most people at most times.

"The grass is always greener ...." For EVERY resort, you can find posts from people saying something like this: "We waited forever at closing time at Magic Kingdom for a bus to (our resort) while we watched 4 buses from (another resort) drive on by." Seriously, there's not a resort this hasn't been written about.

The second point is perhaps the more important point. Just because you have a not-so-great experience with buses at a resort doesn't mean the bus service stinks. It could mean they were having a rough day or two. But more likely it means that you were just unlucky with timing.

My example is my stay at Polynesian a couple years ago. We noticed by our second or third day that we never, and I mean NEVER, waited more than about 2 minutes for whatever bus we wanted, whether going from resort to park or park to resort. So we started to joke about it as we walked up to the Poly bus stop in the morning or to a park bus stop when leaving a park, but it always worked that way for that entire week.

So, should we conclude from that that Polynesian has the best bus service ever? Absolutely NOT. It just means our timing was very lucky. Imagine another family that did everything exactly like we did, only they always did it exactly 2 minutes later than we did. They would've had a dreadful bus experience, as they would've waited almost 20 minutes for every single bus for an entire week. Does their bad experience mean Poly has bad bus service? Of course not, just like my great experience doesn't mean it has the best bus service.

In the same way, my great bus service at Caribbean Beach Resort in 2005 and my so-so bus service at Port Orleans French Quarter in 2006 DOESN'T mean that CBR's bus service is better than POFQ's, it just means that my individual experiences on those exact days was better at CBR than at POFQ.

And that's why we read such mixed reviews of bus service at various resorts. Just because someone had a lot of wait time doesn't mean the bus service stinks.

I've been basically satisfied with bus transport at WDW, but have to say my worst experiences have been in the Epcot resort area. Too many stops before you even get on your way to your destination.

The worst bus service is at whatever resort I am staying at and the best is whatever resort is being picked up next to us while waiting at the parks. Honestly, do not even try to choose a resort based on bus service. Our experiences have had better service at all of the values over any moderate (including CSR) and we had some lousy experiences staying deluxe several times. We had great bus service in April at cbr and friends that stayed there in September had nothing but problems. You just never know what you are going to get.

DITTO:thumbsup2
I would also add Best: any of them/ Worst: any of them

IMHO.....By Far the Best CSR blows every other away...

The worst has to go to POR Especially after Fantasmic...What a complete nightmare:scared1:

It's 90% luck.
Stayed at Boardwalk not long ago and felt the bus service was awful ... always slow and crowded. Stayed at Beach Club last week (same loop) and only had to wait more than five minutes once. Only had to stand after leaving MK after wishes. Just happened to get there at the right time.

That said, Fort Wilderness is the worst. Followed by Old Key West.
And the Epcot resorts are the best, because you can get to any park but Animal Kingdom without using a bus (yes, I prefer to walk through Epcot to get to the monorail).

It's 90% luck.
Stayed at Boardwalk not long ago and felt the bus service was awful ... always slow and crowded. Stayed at Beach Club last week (same loop) and only had to wait more than five minutes once. Only had to stand after leaving MK after wishes. Just happened to get there at the right time.

That said, Fort Wilderness is the worst. Followed by Old Key West.
And the Epcot resorts are the best, because you can get to any park but Animal Kingdom without using a bus (yes, I prefer to walk through Epcot to get to the monorail).

This true Walking to both parks is GREAT, but Busing to anywhere is torture. Get on , go to Swan, Go to Dolphin, Go to YC, then to BC...Finally go to the park....Also Going to & from DTD is miserable as well. LoL

There is no such thing as bad bus service. They arrive with not that long of a wait. Some folks are just impatient. The buses CAN be crowded....but who cares..? Its a perk that is included in your resort price. So if you dont use it..then your just out. We have never had an issue with the buses..Sometimes i sit..sometimes i stand. But in the end....its an easy ride to and from the parks.
If we drive, we do also use our van....it just depends on what is planned.
But, the bus system works fine.

There is no such thing as bad bus service. They arrive with not that long of a wait. Some folks are just impatient. The buses CAN be crowded....but who cares..? Its a perk that is included in your resort price. So if you dont use it..then your just out. We have never had an issue with the buses..Sometimes i sit..sometimes i stand. But in the end....its an easy ride to and from the parks.
If we drive, we do also use our van....it just depends on what is planned.
But, the bus system works fine.

45 minutes is not a long wait?

We love the Poly and one of the main reasons is the transportation. Monorail or boat to MK.... Monorail x 2 gets you to EPCOT. Direct busses everywhere else. Plus you have the option to take the short walk to the TTC which seems to always have a bus waiting to everywhere.

We are big walkers so we usually opt for TTC.

You must be vacationing with us :rotfl: It doesn't matter where we stay it always seems we are at one of the furthest stops, always just miss the bus and are never at that resort that has buses coming back to back. It seems to me that it is all "luck of the draw".

Not if its free. Or "unfree" if you dont use it.
We goto WDW 2 times a year...some lots more...We've never waited close to 45 min. Longest....20 and that is with Allstar Music whe we JUST missed a bus. But, its all good.

It isn't free. People pay extra to stay onsite and ride the buses.

45 minutes is not a long wait?

Hey Robbi,
I'm curious which value and deluxe hotels did you stay at ? I am actually planning on a split-stay value-deluxe.... from your experience seems like I am doomed !! :sad1:

It seems like disney is promising nothing. The 20 mins is just whats suggested as the average wait time between buses. I guess it means the same number of people have waited for 2 minutes, or 20 minutes or 40 minutes and everything else in between. If one had to wait for 40+ minutes every single time during their stay... guess what, bad luck !! I know we are in a rush for rope drop and other stuff, which is what causes the frustration to build up, but what can you do ? Just chill and enjoy. Atleast my expectations are low, so things can only get better huh ? ;)

vinotinto said:
Which resorts have the best bus service? The worst? Why? Thanks!

I have to say POFQ had the best bus service over all. Not much wait for the buses to or from parks & downtown Disney, the boat was a added bonus.

The worst by far was AoA, especially after MNSSHP. They were not prepared for the crowd & when we left the park at closing, we waited for about 2 hours before we were able to board a bus & head back the resort. It was awful.

I can't say whether they're good or bad, but the lines for the All Star buses were ALWAYS 4-5 rows deep. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter