Best and cheapest food in and around the DLR?

disney-super-mom

DIS Veteran
Looking for recommendations for the best places that give you the most bang for you buck. Both in and out of the parks, and also locally around the area. (And yes, the food must be edible!):rotfl:

Thanks!:)

White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel! Good value, good food, and good portions. Everything in the park has gone up price wise lately. There is really nothing inexpensive anymore. A hamburger and fries will cost you $10 and a corndog was like $7!!

Our two favorite places:

Whitewater Snacks
MiMi's Cafe (next to HoJo on Harbor)

how about the $6 turkey leg ^_^

I LOVE those! We buy one and split it up between the four of us for a snack. I think it's one of the best bargains there!:thumbsup2 (Although I know some people can't even stand the sight of them, let alone stomach them.)

We've never eaten at Whitewater or MiMi's, but I have them on our list. AWESOME!

Okay, what others?

Whitewater snacks (they need to stay open later!) We tried Rancho in DL this time and thought it was great and we could not eat it all you got so much food. I also like Carnation Cafe and Rainforest.

Mimi's was reasonable, and gave quite a bit of food.

I simply adore the vegetarian gumbo at the restaurant with Veranda in the name. It comes in a bread bowl, so you can't deny that you get quite a bit of calories and satisfaction from it. :)

And we had the soft tacos Monterrey at Rancho, the vegetable version, and even thought it *looked* tiny, DH and I shared it with and were happy with it, and had room for the tres leche cake (which was not worth it IMO, should have tried the chocolate cake instead).

Just like everyone else said- Whitewater Snacks inside Grand Californian. Last week Dh and I split an order of nachos and a French Dip sandwich with fries. One meal would have been enough for us to split so we ended up taking lots of nachos in a to go box. Both were about $10 each. Tons of food. Split an order and add a dessert to stretch the meal. Super cheap, great quality and nice quiet atmosphere!!

Another good deal is the Corndog meal at Corndog castle in DCA. Huge corndog and chips for $5.49.

Oh, we also split a chimichanga from the cart outside BTMRR one evening. We had snacked all afternoon so we didn't need a huge meal. It was five something. Can't quite remember.

I remembered another last night. It's about 12 bucks, but it could feed a few people. The nachos appetizer from Rainforest Cafe was HUGE. We got it without the meat, and it was very good, and have I mentioned it was huge? The price was shocking, but so was the amount of food on that platter.

Along with the other recommendations here....

We split meals at the Pizza Port. The chicken pasta dish has a HUGE portion. I shared this with my hubby and DD and had plenty. My mom looked like she had hardly touched her salad by the time she was through too.

well i use to like turkey legs and my fionce to..but after working with them at the rentizans festival i think we have lost that taste for them.. we were treated like crap working there.. and its where i hurt my leg bad.. so we like dont like anything that reminds us of that place lol but they were good and can share..not bad price might have to stoumack one

Another fan of the soup in a bread bowl at Pacific Warf or New Orleans Square. We usually hit Rainforest Cafe too.

Breakfast at La Brier Bakery or River Belle Terrace.

Four weeks to get my broken elbow in shape for our Halloween trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter