Best airline and most economical airport from USA to Rome?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by g00fy!, Jul 10, 2018.

1. mom-2greatkids

mom-2greatkids Mouseketeer

Last March we flew from Chicago to Milan and then Rome to Chicago. Found a great price from Turkish Air ($650 round trip per person). The only caveat is that we connected through Istanbul. Great airline--we'd fly with them again.

2. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Everyone you like, at least ;)
    And from different devices. Or one device from which you regularly clear cookies/cache.
    Tray tables open, heads down on folded arms or travel pillows. Might work. Might not.
    Boston/Boston/seriously? I mean, it may be less expensive to fly out of Boston to Europe than to fly out ox LAX, but really, truly, honestly airlines don 't price the way you're asking.

You need a travel agent and to be willing to pay for the work/,research/,information somebody will do on your behalf.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 DIS Veteran

I agree with this - we've flown out of Toronto twice now to Europe (drove to Toronto once, flew there the other time) and I've generally found the best options and pricing was out of Toronto, with Air Canada. The only issues we've had was one flight on their low cost version (Rouge?) and our last trip when our flight out of Cleveland got delayed so we missed our original connection to London (obviously not Air Canada's fault).

nkereina likes this.
  5. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

FWIW, most travel agents will not book airfare alone for someone and they certainly won't put in a lot of time to research it. Airlines do not pay commission to travel agents. If someone wants to book just airfare with a travel agent, the agent will most likely impose a service fee for doing so because they won't make any money otherwise. If the flight is part of an overall package, of course the agent will book it but they do not make any commission off the price of the flight.

OP - I do agree that perhaps if you take your entire trip to a travel agent along with your budget, he or she can plan something for you and from an airport that works for you. If you're flexible in days you travel, length of time, etc then you should be able to make a reasonable budget work.

6. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

I'm fully aware, which is why I stated

7. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Ok. Then consider it me clarifying for the OP will need to pay an actual service fee. When people here they are paying a fee merely for the TA's research, they become more willing to do the legwork themselves.