BE's never-ending fun ** 4 completed TR's ** Thousands of Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're really going to be there in 26 days!! It was so awesome to mark down another day on the calendar this morning when I got home from work - it really uplifted my spirits!

So this project has been a few days in the making now, but I have finally gone through and uploaded my photos from the last time Frick and I were in Disneyland together (which would be July 2006). Wow, that seems like so long ago.

3314126993_8b4cdbe84f_o.jpg

^ Frick is on the left and my little sister is on the right!

Why do I do it to myself? As if DL wasn't already all that I could think about, that was nothing compared to now. I want to be there so, so, so, so badly. And I want to make sure I do it right this time, which means doing a little more pre-planning than I normally would. Too bad Frick and I don't see so eye to eye on this. She's more of a "we'll figure it out when we get there" kind of gal but I need to have something mapped out before we go or I may just have an anxiety attack. Oh yeah, not to self, get more Ativan.

As it stands right now, the only things I know for sure are:

- MM on Saturday (park opens at 8, so be there before 7)
- BB on Saturday night (6:10 p.m.)
- M&F breakfast on Monday morning (8:40 a.m.)

It's not much, but it's a start. I know we're also planning to go see Aladdin, we're just not sure what day/time.

OH! And as it turns out, one of my bosses will be there sometime this week! I'm a little jealous, lol, but I can't wait to hear all about his trip.

I LOVE your Avatar! Keep up the pics! They are super cute! We're going to Minnie's at the Plaza Inn in April for the first time. It looks like fun!

I LOVE your Avatar! Keep up the pics! They are super cute! We're going to Minnie's at the Plaza Inn in April for the first time. It looks like fun!

We'll be sure to leave a nice report of how the meal was. It really does look like fun, doesn't it? I can't wait for it, and ten to go back to DL so I can try another character meal.

March is a big month for me, a confessed Twilight addict. I can't believe I get my hands on the DVD in 20 days, and then a week later get to go to Disneyland! I'm all for picking my copy up at midnight, it'll bring back memories of the Midnight release party that I had a blast at. I went to Borders (where I'd been at discussion groups for the other books and have made a lot of friends) with Frack and we both dressed up and took part in the costume contest - where I won :cool1: because we went all out and made a fake cast and everything.

Add in my first 2 hockey games in a couple months and I'm just ready to party all month long. Can it just be the end of the month already!?!?!?!

Someone's brain never works after an overnight shift. I shall not be held responsible for the stupid **** I say, think, or do on so little sleep.

Oh man! What a day I had. I don't think I should ever try planning 2 vacations at once. Or in this case 3. Some details are bound to be royally screwed up.

By the way, these are the 3 vacations occupying my brain:
- DLR March 27-30
- Texas to visit family the week of June 25th
- DLR September 8-12

So, here's the crazy and horrifying mix up I made today - I pretty much cancelled our reservations for HOJO on 3/27-3/30. All that I wanted to do was make a small change to the reservation that I already made for September. Well, I made the change alright - to the wrong reservation. So our March res. went out the window and I suddenly had two res. for 9/8-9/12.

No, no, NO

Let's just say I started to panic a little. OK, make that a lot. I don't do well with stress and it doesn't take much for me to go into full blown panic attack mode, which isn't pretty. I think I screamed out loud when I realized what I had done and made a very, very, very mad dash for my cell phone to call and try and fix my big old goof. I got to spend 10 minutes on the phone with one person who told me they couldn't do anything and then trying to reach the front desk before being told to call back in 30 minutes because of course it was the magic time of 3 o'clock meaning check-in. I finally get my call through another 20 minutes later and manage to get transferred back to in-house reservations and I swear the woman who I talked to is my new savior. To make a long sobbing story by me short (because that is now what I do when I'm stressed) we got our room back, at a cheaper rate (mousesavers, I believe), and all is right in my world again.

Oh, and Frick doesn't have to kill me.

Yet.

On to better news though, and completely OT. I get to go to a hockey game tomorrow night! I have been dying to get to another game in over a month and now I have 2 coming up!!

That actually ended well for you considering. How fun for the hockey game. Hockey is much more exciting live.

That's a relief you got that fixed!! I'd been in a full-blown panic attack too!!! :scared1: Thank goodness they were able to fix it & get you a better rate......SCORE!!! :cool1:

Now, no more messing with your resies!!!! :laughing:

That actually ended well for you considering. How fun for the hockey game. Hockey is much more exciting live.

That it is! Although I can always watch a game on television no problem - because most of the time it's all I can get! If I lived closer to SJ I would get season tickets. Gas makes it a little crazy.

That's a relief you got that fixed!! I'd been in a full-blown panic attack too!!! :scared1: Thank goodness they were able to fix it & get you a better rate......SCORE!!! :cool1:

Now, no more messing with your resies!!!! :laughing:

One of those instances where you learn your lesson the hard way, huh?

Just got back from Frick's popcorn:: We watched The Little Mermaid and created our nice long playlist for the drive to DLR!

23 days to go!!!

Last night I realized the main reason why I don't want it to rain during our stay: I hate driving in the rain!! Coming home last night from San Jose after the game was a nightmare for me thanks to the rain, and that was only an hours drive. I don't even want to think what it would be like if the whole drive to DLR was rain, rain, and more rain.

But I had a good time. Even with the rain, and getting the entire lower half of my pants soaked before even getting to HP Pavillion (note to self: rain boots might not be a bad investment at some point). Even with the Sharks loss of JoePa at the end of the first period. Even with the flat play the rest of the game. Even with the loss. I had a good time. I needed another hockey game in my system and that's what I got (plus a large Dippin Dots!!).

So I know these are OT, but I wanted to share a few of my pics from last night:

3329099690_9591b7dc78.jpg

3329101788_de5f606c5e.jpg

3329103882_e5f787f972.jpg

The play that would give the Sharks their one and only goal of the game:
3328273619_432f2c93fa.jpg

Last but not least, a very crappy pic of me (talk about raccoon eyes):
3328271149_2ffab41385.jpg

I don't have many of me from hockey games, and now I remember why. I forgot to change my settings back to auto before handing my camera off to somebody. Next time, it would really help to have somebody go with me, lol.

On the DLR front, I'm excited to have all the details of our Photoshare worked out. I've never gotten the PhotoPass CD before because it was just too expensive for me to do on my own. Now the problem is solved! Frick and I should be getting out park hoppers on Friday before I get my hair cute. Thankfully, my Credit Union has some cheaper tickets! $147.60 each for 4-day hoppers.

Last but not least, a very crappy pic of me (talk about raccoon eyes):
3328271149_2ffab41385.jpg

I don't have many of me from hockey games, and now I remember why. I forgot to change my settings back to auto before handing my camera off to somebody. Next time, it would really help to have somebody go with me, lol.

*Ahem* :rolleyes1

I would have gotten you tickets if you'd had any money silly. You always told me you was broke whenever I mentioned games.

Tomorrow we're supposed to be getting our hoppers! I'm so excited, it'll just make everything that much more real to hold some physical evidence that we're actually going! And I get my hair cute. And we're going to go see Coraline. Good day, good day.

So I just finished making my first LGMH. I picked up some neon pony beads the other day and this cool kids craft rope that I liked (it has red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and a light blue in it). I couldn't find the hole puncher until today so it had to be put aside until I located it. I'm going to keep futzing with it though. I just realized that I used the wrong mickey head (I had about 5 that I put into a I don't like pile). I had finally made one that I thought was cut well and my handwriting didn't look horrible on, and it's disappeared. Boo! Then come the troubles of uploading the image off of my SD card and onto my laptop. All of the files on my memory card were corrupted! Not good. Not good at all; I had 50+ images on there for my Quality of Light assignment for my photo class. I'm crossing my fingers that I remembered to back the rest of those up on my other hard drive or I am going to be one very upset girl. I had some great shots on there. I'll take a look on the drive later tonight and if not, I'll just have to scramble to re-shoot and edit the assignment by Monday when I have to print. It shouldn't be hard, but I was looking forward to turning in an extra contact sheet. So I reformatted the card which deleted the bad files and tried it again with success!

Anyways, here it is:
3331712835_8c804deb0a.jpg

Hi!

I love scavenger hunts!! How about Esmerelda (the fortune teller) or that other fortune teller that's over in NOS somewhere.

Also, there's a really great squished penny machine near Splash Mountain... your penny slides down the tiny splash mountain replica inside the machine!

And yes, the elephant is big but it's SO cool and even after going to DL for 38 yrs I didn't notice it until my last trip a year ago! :scared1: But I'm glad I did.

Hi!

I love scavenger hunts!! How about Esmerelda (the fortune teller) or that other fortune teller that's over in NOS somewhere.

Also, there's a really great squished penny machine near Splash Mountain... your penny slides down the tiny splash mountain replica inside the machine!

And yes, the elephant is big but it's SO cool and even after going to DL for 38 yrs I didn't notice it until my last trip a year ago! :scared1: But I'm glad I did.

I so, so love penny presses, lol. I'll take a look for that one. I usually avoid SM like the plague because it makes me sick just thinking about riding it. I promised Frick I would give it a shot for the first time this trip. AH! Giving me the creeps just thinking about it.

Hopefully within the next hour we'll be off to pay for up our PH! I'm so excited. Although if I'm not mistaken we'll still have to hit up the ticket booth to exchange them for the actual tickets. I've never gotten the passes through my Credit Union before (I go the CityPass through Costco last time) so I don't know if they give us the actual passes there or not. We'll see.

Then I get my hair cut!

Then we're going to go see Coraline!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter