BE's Bay Area Bonanza!! New'ish photos added 1/21

Good for you and your pup!!!! And way to go with the soda. I gave that up around Easter for a healthy habits challenge and I really don't miss it. I never thought I'd say that either - I loved, loved, LOVED coke zero. I'll have some every once in awhile now. But 1 is enough and I won't drink any for days or weeks on end. That stuff really isn't good for you, diet or regular.

Yes, it is! Sometimes it's just not easy to lug around a DSLR. It fits in my purse, it fits in my pocket, it's pretty perfect!

We have both too. Hubby normally carries a Nikon D90. Although he just informed me last week that we wants to upgrade the body. He'll stick with Nikon, but he has a list of features he wants....shutter to stay open longer than 30 seconds, HD movies and so on.

I carry a Canon S90, which fits in my purse or pocket. It's a cross between a P&S and a DSLR.

I never remembered to post a few of my back-reports on things I have done around the Bay Area. Shame on me. Here is what I had to share on the San Francisco Giants World Series Victory Parade!!

DSC_0004.jpg

At BART at 6a heading in to SF! Lot and lots of black and orange heading to SF already. And I'm sure even if we left on the first train at 4a we would have seen more. Most of the fans riding with us got off at Montgomery, where the parade would be starting, rather than our destination at the Civic Center so we could watch the ceremony at City Hall.

By the way, I managed to get my hands on one of the official parade shirts. I love it.

Another couple of photos of City Hall:

DSC_0017.jpg

Here are a couple photos of the crowd around us not long after we arrived (roughly 7:30a) and then only a half hour later at 8:30a! By that point I couldn't even get the back of the crowds they were packing in so much. Every minute brought more and more and more people.

7:30a
DSC_0018.jpg

8a
DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

We actually had quite a bit of space up until that point. By 9a though we were packed in there, and the sun was shining bright. Wow was it warm in close quarters like that.

We were also on the news ;) A couple of times, actually. Every time the cameras were rolling right in front of us we got packed in even more but it would recede a little bit when the cameras went away. But it was an on and off, every half-hour, kind of thing for most of the morning until it was just too crowded period!

DSC_0022.jpg

Here's our view of the screen they set up so we could see what was going on. They played recaps of the games, interviews, news clips, Sports Center, etc. It's also where we watched the parade en route and the ceremony itself.

DSC_0033.jpg

Some of the signs that I was able to get photos of:

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

That last one was hard to get a photo of, they were directly in front of it. The back said "Posey 4 President" but the other side said "Brian Wilson, can I pet your beard?"

My cousins awesome nails and new tat:

DSC_0038.jpg

Gah. Those are the only photos I really got during the day. My cousin and my Aunt and cousin are supposed to send me some of their photos (eventually) including more of our group shots. Hopefully. Today was incredible, and I really have no words for it. I'm just so ecstatic that I got to be a part of it

I'm really enjoying your SF reports. popcorn:: We have gorgeous friends who live in Walnut Creek and we have actually visited them more often than we have been to DLR! We will be visiting them in April and can't wait to show our kids this wonderful city. I am still debating whether or not to take them to the Walt Disney Family Museum, they are perhaps a little young yet :confused3. I will definitely be taking them to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield! They are trying to calculate how many kilo's of Jelly Bellys they can fit into their luggage for the return trip to Australia! :rotfl:

I'm really enjoying your SF reports. popcorn:: We have gorgeous friends who live in Walnut Creek and we have actually visited them more often than we have been to DLR! We will be visiting them in April and can't wait to show our kids this wonderful city. I am still debating whether or not to take them to the Walt Disney Family Museum, they are perhaps a little young yet :confused3. I will definitely be taking them to the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield! They are trying to calculate how many kilo's of Jelly Bellys they can fit into their luggage for the return trip to Australia! :rotfl:

Too cool. Your friends aren't all that far from me, lol. I was even just in WC for lunch with my cousin the other day. The WDFM is wonderful, but definitely more an adult thing than for kids. There is a lot of reading and standing around. I know that even with my Disney obsession I would not have enjoyed it much when I was younger. A few of us DIS'ers hit up the Jelly Belly Factory back over the summer of 2010. It was a lot of fun.

Oh the Jelly Belly tour is a good one. There are also a few other businesses here that the grown ups might be interested in. There is a Budweiser plant that as far as I know has public tours and it is in that same neighborhood. There is also an Sepay Olive Oil place that has tasting, they have some wonderful different flavored olive oils. These are all in the same area. Anything else you made need to know about Fairfield I can probably answer for you.:goodvibes

Too cool. Your friends aren't all that far from me, lol. I was even just in WC for lunch with my cousin the other day. The WDFM is wonderful, but definitely more an adult thing than for kids. There is a lot of reading and standing around. I know that even with my Disney obsession I would not have enjoyed it much when I was younger. A few of us DIS'ers hit up the Jelly Belly Factory back over the summer of 2010. It was a lot of fun.

Oh the Jelly Belly tour is a good one. There are also a few other businesses here that the grown ups might be interested in. There is a Budweiser plant that as far as I know has public tours and it is in that same neighborhood. There is also an Sepay Olive Oil place that has tasting, they have some wonderful different flavored olive oils. These are all in the same area. Anything else you made need to know about Fairfield I can probably answer for you.:goodvibes

Thanks for that. My fave Jelly Belly is the sizzling cinnamon and the kids just love them all! I think DH would probably enjoy the Budweiser plant and we would all olive oil and all things gourmet! Thanks for your insight on the WDFM, we will probably skip it as there are so many other things we want to do. :hippie:

Thanks for that. My fave Jelly Belly is the sizzling cinnamon and the kids just love them all! I think DH would probably enjoy the Budweiser plant and we would all olive oil and all things gourmet! Thanks for your insight on the WDFM, we will probably skip it as there are so many other things we want to do. :hippie:

I'm glad I was able to help!:goodvibes

Love the pics! I had no idea there was a Disney museum up in SF, I may have to make the trip sometime :)

Love the pics! I had no idea there was a Disney museum up in SF, I may have to make the trip sometime :)

You're in the Bay Area right? If SF is an easy trip for you to fit in you definitely should! Heck I've been itching totals a trip back. It's a vey special place for any Disney lover and is a great tribute to everything Walt Disney did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter