BE's Bay Area Bonanza!! New'ish photos added 1/21

The last time I was in SFO was 1998. I think it's time I went back. I also spent 10 days in San Jose but that was back in 1991. It's really time I saw more of California than just DL!

The last time I was in SFO was 1998. I think it's time I went back. I also spent 10 days in San Jose but that was back in 1991. It's really time I saw more of California than just DL!

The true tragedy and joke of my not doing it? I live only 45 miles from San Francisco.:rotfl:

It's such an easy trip with BART for me that I wonder why I so rarely go into S.F. I've actually been twice this year now, lol. That's big for me. Well, three times if you count each individual day since we did the WDFM on Saturday and Pier 39 on Sunday (yesterday). What I would love to do is get back to the zoo sometime.

So, I literally have like ... 3 photos from this weekend to share. :rotfl: I am beginning to notice the lack of photos when I'm spending time with Jason. Now I just need to figure out how to get them off the new Nikon P&S.

It's such an easy trip with BART for me that I wonder why I so rarely go into S.F. I've actually been twice this year now, lol. That's big for me. Well, three times if you count each individual day since we did the WDFM on Saturday and Pier 39 on Sunday (yesterday). What I would love to do is get back to the zoo sometime.

So, I literally have like ... 3 photos from this weekend to share. :rotfl: I am beginning to notice the lack of photos when I'm spending time with Jason. Now I just need to figure out how to get them off the new Nikon P&S.

Gee one wonders if your mind might be on other things?:lmao:

So, I spent a pretty awesome day in San Francisco yesterday, taking Bart to meet up with a pretty awesome person in Oakland, and then heading out to Pier 39 which is always a fun thing, especially when the sun is shinning. If you ever get a chance to, I highly recommend it. There is a lot to do if that's your thing (Aquarium of the Bay, Alcatraz, etc.), and it's a fun place to just relax if that's more your style (a.k.a. if you're like me). It's a pretty lengthy walk down the Embarcadero if you take BART, but it's along the water and you've got a great view all around you.

Here are a couple of photos from this weekend:

L22_002.jpg

L22_003.jpg

One of my favorite spots at Pier 39 is where the Sea Lions are. November is a little too late in the year to see them compared to when I usually go into S.F. which is the summer. But some of these guys were rewarded with warm weather.

L22_004.jpg

Boudin at Fisherman's Wharf! I love seeing what they can make out of sourdough bread. And it's the same sourdough that you'll find in DCA at their Boudin Bakery (and make sure you go on the tour).

L22_005.jpg

Yay. I love your pictures. And the teddy bear bread oh my goodness.

That bread is adorable! And yummy ... I'm drooling just thinking about fresh sourdough!!!

That bread is adorable! And yummy ... I'm drooling just thinking about fresh sourdough!!!

It so does!! I absolutely love bread. I remember getting a sourdough chili bowl at DLR back in September, only I got the chili separate and ended up munching on the bread bowl all the way back to the HOJO. It was so delicious. Mmmm.

Alright, so on top of this being about the things I do living in the Bay Area I figure I might as well keep track of how well I'm doing on this: my Dog Walking Challenge! So I've been restarting this over and over for a couple of months now (think back to the summer of 2010 while I was gearing up for the 10k AIDS walk) but it just hasn't stuck. It almost reminds me of my goal to get "soda sober" of which I am now 2 months into and going strong. I just want to get into the habit of walking our dog consistently, both for her benefit and for mine seeing as neither one of us gets much exercise (but she shows it more than I do). Believe me, by no stretch of the imagination do I think I am fat or in need of loosing any weight, as I'm sure you'd agree with me if you've seen photos, but it irks me that I'm not in shape like I was when I was in high school and on the swim team or track team. So my goal is just to get in shape, tone my legs up a little more. I'll figure out where to go from there!

Well, today I have restarted my challenge once more and it was a success. We took a walk down to say hi to my dad at his shop (he is a cabinet maker) which was about 1.25 miles each way which gives us a total of 2.5 miles altogether!

L22_007.jpg

And we survived!!

Unfortunately there was nothing exciting to see otherwise I would have taken my brand new P&S along with me and posted some photos.

The goal is to go for a walk every day that I either (a) don't work or (b) get off before 11a. So this week I want to get out again tomorrow (Wednesday) since I'm off and then again on Thursday since I get off at 10a. Depending on how I'm feeling on Friday I may got on a later walk in the afternoon after my family gets off work so we can all go and make it a family thing.

My next goal is to mix in a little yoga in the evenings!

Sound good? I sure think so. And maybe when I'm feeling brave enough I'll walk the mile down to the Marina and get some photos and walk her around there as well before heading home.

Seeing your bread pictures the other day made me crave Disneyland chili in the bread bowl so I was off to the bread store today buying the little loaves for making some. Yummy.

New P&S, eh? What kind did you get and how do you like it?

It's a Nikon L22. Good little thing. I like it better than my sister's Kodak. Although my mother cannot take a photo to save her life. Ugh. Haven't had time to fully play with it yet though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter