Bernards Tours....???

Yunchman

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone, did a search on Bernards Tours and got some good info but not the answer to my question specifically so I am hoping someone can help me! What is the difference between the $40 per person group tour and the $45 per person private tour? We have a group of 12 so I want to make sure that we can all stay together on the tour, so do we have to do the private tour for that to happen? Also are the beverages included in the private tour and not the group tour? Does the private tour just mean that it's just your van with your party and that you may be able to stay places longer/go to other places as opposed to "caravan-ing" with other groups? TIA!!!!!:flower3:

ETA: Yes this is for the tour in St. Maarten

Might be helpful is you mention which port this is for.

Is that the tour company in St. Maarten? There was a large group of DISers on the WBTA who booked private tours with someone that may have been Bernards, and I remember quite a bit of discussion about what the private versus public tours included. You might stop by that meet thread to ask or ping Noel (whose screen name is birkner) who may be able to get you some of the information they gathered.

In case it is St Maarten you're talking about, I pulled some of the info on the tour that the DIS groups ended up doing on the recent WBTA. birkner is still a more authorative source since we didn't do this tour with the group.

A Bernard Tour in St Maarten has been booked and deposited. The tour is closed with a total of 36 people confirmed.

The cost is $45 per person payable in cash or credit card to Bernard the morning we meet up with him.

Message from Bernard below:

Your reservation is confirmed for our private tour on September 28, 2010. Bernard Tours will be meeting you at 9:00 AM in front of the yellow building at the information desk next to the statue, please walk up to the Information Desk and ask for Bernard.

We are located about three minutes walk on the Pier...Have a great day and we are committed to make your day in Paradise the best it can be. We greatly appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you.

The tour will be from 9:00AM-3:00PM and will consist of the following stops:
·Great Bay overlooking Phillipsburg and harbor.
·Cayhill overlooking Simpson Bay marina.
·Sunset Beach bar ( Maho Beach ) where you can see the planes land right over your head.
·Marigot - open market (French Capital).
·Swim and or snorkel at Dawn Beach for up to two hours, as time allows.

Since it is our own private tour, the time at each stop is negotiable. Bernard has the above schedule pretty tight on the standard tour. The first 2 stops are just scenic stops, shouldn’t be too long since there are only 12 of us. He probably has things timed so that we would be at Maho Beach when the planes are flying overhead. 30 minutes is usually allotted for the market at Marigot. The rest of the time will be spent at the beach for lunch and swimming/snorkeling.

There are restrooms and restaurants for lunch at Dawn Beach. Links to restaurants in the Dawn Beach area are below.
St Maarten Restaurants
Scavenger's Beach Bar
Mr. Busby's beach bar, Daniel's by the Sea, Penthouse Paradise and Island Pizza

Water, beer, soda and rum punch will be served throughout the trip

Upon your return to Philipsburg, you will be offered a direct return to the ship at the Cruise Facility, or you may choose to remain in Philipsburg for shopping and return to the ship on your own.
You may walk from the drop off point to the ship in about 12 - 15 minutes, or choose to take a taxi for about $3.00 per person.

Does anyone know if the beverages that are available on the bus/van are included in the price of the tour or do you pay extra for the beverages? Thanks!

I've gone with Bernard's Tours twice, and he does a nice job. Both were group tours, and both included beverages.

Thank you! Did you find that you have enough time at each stop? Especially the shopping and orient beach stop?

Thank you! Did you find that you have enough time at each stop? Especially the shopping and orient beach stop?

The first time I was there was on Good Friday, so most shops were closed. The shopping was on Marigot (French side) - if I recall. I'm not a shopper, so it was plenty of time for me. The beach stop was also long enough for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!