Bernard's Tours for kids

cchamble

Earning My Ears
I am looking at possibly booking Bernard's Tours if we take the Eastern cruise on the Fantasy next fall. I like that you see a lot of different areas and get a great overall view of the island, as well as some beach time. Is this an appropriate tour for a 6 year old? It has great reviews on Trip Advisor, but I haven't seen any mentioning a child's age in their review. Any thoughts or advice of what would be a better option if this is not a good idea to take a child on? Thanks!

cchamble said:
I am looking at possibly booking Bernard's Tours if we take the Eastern cruise on the Fantasy next fall. I like that you see a lot of different areas and get a great overall view of the island, as well as some beach time. Is this an appropriate tour for a 6 year old? It has great reviews on Trip Advisor, but I haven't seen any mentioning a child's age in their review. Any thoughts or advice of what would be a better option if this is not a good idea to take a child on? Thanks!

It was perfect for our 5 year old!! There were LOTS of kids on our tour!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It was perfect for our 5 year old!! There were LOTS of kids on our tour!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Did it take up a majority of your day while you were in port? What did you do for lunch? I'm looking at the tour that has you stop at Orient beach for an hour or two. Thanks!

We did this in June with our 7 & 10 yr old. They did great and there were enough stops to keep them from being bored. The iguana stop is worth the trip alone for the kids. We had them drop us off at Le Galion beach rather than Orient Beach. We thought this beach was perfect...very shallow for a good way and all guests had their clothes on! The one restaurant at the beach was perfect...hamburgers, fish tacos, all kinds of kid & adult selections.

We thought this was the perfect beach for us. You do have to pay a small fee for a chair but you can include it in your food tab.

Google Le Galion and check it out. if we go back, this will be our sole destination for the day. It is a quiet piece of tropical heaven.

Did it take up a majority of your day while you were in port? What did you do for lunch? I'm looking at the tour that has you stop at Orient beach for an hour or two. Thanks!

Yes. We met at 9am & most of our group didn't do the shopping stop & got back to the ship at 2:30-3pm. The kids were worn out by then.

Your driver will personalize the tour. Our family didn't swim, but most others did. The group opted for only 1 hr at Orient Beach so that we could have more time at Maho beach (planes aside, the water just looked much prettier there), which we all thought was well worth it.

We also didn't buy lunch, but most did in Marigot at some famous deli/bakery place. We protein-up at breakfast & I bring healthy snacks. I wanted to eat a bit for lunch, but DH wasn't into it (we had something light when we got back onboard to tide us over until dinner) -- there IS opportunity to eat tho on the tour.

It was fantastic and our guide, Sugar, loves kids & it showed!!

We are doing Bernard's next month, and while our kids are a little bit older (almost 11), we wanted a more family friendly beach, and when I emailed them, they said it was not a problem. I have heard rave reviews of this tour on the boards, and Trip Advisor, so we are looking forward to it!

We did the private tour this past October and I had my 8 yr old nephew with me. It was so much fun, he had a great time!

We are doing Bernard's next month, and while our kids are a little bit older (almost 11), we wanted a more family friendly beach, and when I emailed them, they said it was not a problem. I have heard rave reviews of this tour on the boards, and Trip Advisor, so we are looking forward to it!

That is a great idea to email ahead of time! I've been to the beaches in Spain and I do NOT want to have to deal with the questions of my curious 6-year-old as to why everyone is "nakie." I am sure he will love the iguana stop at the beginning of the tour and it will be neat to get a tour of the island before playing on the beach. I'm for sure keeping this excursion in mind as I look at options to do on port days!

My family of 11 (6 adults, 5 kids) used Bernard's for a private tour. We had contacted him via e-mail and he asked us what we liked. He set it up so we had a great tour, beaches, shopping, and Maho Beach (a must for everyone). He supplied us with soda, water and if you want, beer. He knows the area so you get back before the bridge opens and closes so you are not a pier runner. Safe driver,will use next time we go, guaranteed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter