Bermuda cruise

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
We are planning a family cruise to Bermuda out of New York next summer or fall. I’m wondering if the waters are very rough. Some in our family have a problem with motion sickness. I think the bigger ships don’t feel as much motion especially if you are low and mid ship. Can someone let me know if my thinking is correct. They will most likely take pills for that but I’m not sure if that helps enough! Thanks for any help.

As you said, lower decks and midships will be the least motion. The most motion I've ever noticed was in the aft Main Dining Rooms when we were making a faster transit between ports in slightly heavier seas. During most days we've felt very little ship motion.

We took our first cruise out of NYC to Bermuda a few years ago during the month of October. It can depend on the weather also that day/week. We had wonderful weather the whole time. There was very little difference than the Caribbean cruises we have taken. I felt the movement at certain times. My friend takes Dramimine for all the cruises. She was with us and was okay.

As @Rob1872 mentioned, location on the ship is important too. Good luck. They won't know until they try!!!

We are planning a family cruise to Bermuda out of New York next summer or fall. I’m wondering if the waters are very rough.
Hmm. Well during our last (Oct, 2019) cruise between NYC-Bermuda, the answer would have been "Yes, kind of."

Aug-Sep-Oct is, of course hurricane season in the Caribbean/North Atlantic, and it depends. Our cruise changed course, and schedule a bit. And, so while we didn't face the worst weather, we certainly noticed that "the seas were angry that week, my friend".

Still, the Magic is a big enough ship, with stabilizers, and DW and I felt very safe. While we noticed the motion - the most in our 12+ voyages -- it wasn't that unpleasant. Interestingly, I used to be quite susceptible to motion sickness when I was younger, but since having some vertigo 10-years ago, I can deal with it much better. No pills or anything.

We are going to Bermuda Oct 31st, so check back with me in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter