bengal bbq report july 19th

goodshepherd

Mouseketeer
man i love bengal bbq :-)

but we made a mobile order about midday maybe 1 or 2 pm and its monday too but still packed crowded.

so we go to click "im here" and checkin.

40 minutes later we get the food !!!!!!

also the waters are hot not cold.........

but the bbq was really good :-) :-) :-)

yep 40 minutes after checking in !!!!

u may have a similar experience at gibson icecream too :-)

but yah the ice cream is worth the wait......

best to checkin and go do something else while waiting.

Hot water?! Mebbe if you wanted to make sun tea 😅

40 minutes does seem long, but I am with you - I love bengal BBQ. Just would have to avoid waiting too long and getting hangry :D

This location has struggled SO MUCH since the reopening with long waits for food. I don't know the answer, but I had to tell my husband to cancel a skewer order last week because he mistakingly thought he could just quickly pick up a skewer as a snack. I told him it would likely be at least 30 minutes and he was like "oh, never mind." We had just come off the Jungle Cruise and there were at least 50 people clustered around the mobile order pickup area. It is such a mess. They should just eliminate mobile order altogether here.

This location has struggled SO MUCH since the reopening with long waits for food. I don't know the answer, but I had to tell my husband to cancel a skewer order last week because he mistakingly thought he could just quickly pick up a skewer as a snack. I told him it would likely be at least 30 minutes and he was like "oh, never mind." We had just come off the Jungle Cruise and there were at least 50 people clustered around the mobile order pickup area. It is such a mess. They should just eliminate mobile order altogether here.
Truly. I think Mobile Order can and does work well for some locations. I do not think Bengal BBQ is one of them.

Truly. I think Mobile Order can and does work well for some locations. I do not think Bengal BBQ is one of them.

Well, they did eliminate mobile order at the Tropical Hideaway after a similar situation over there. Not sure what they are waiting for at Bengal...

The one that annoyed me the most was the Mint Julep Bar. We ordered some beignets, checked the "I'm here" button and sat down to wait. And wait. And wait. 20 minutes later I decided to go up and find out what was going on and saw that there was a HUGE line and you had to stand in it and physically check in with a CM with an iPad (BEFORE your order is ready) and ONLY when you talk to the CM will they confirm you are there and change your order status to "ready for pickup." Had I not gotten up, who knows how long we would have sat waiting for a notification that our order was ready. Very frustrating. They need to streamline the mobile order process across property.

As a counterpoint to the above issues, we picked up Bengal BBQ two different times on July 11 (the bacon-wrapped asparagus is my daughter’s fav), and we didn’t have any delays at all.

It’s inconsistent, as are many of the mobile order experiences. You can’t really plan for which places will have long waits, based on our experience and what I’ve seen mentioned here… Bengal BBQ, Mint Julep Bar, and Gibson Girl ice cream in particular seem like they often have issues reported, but other times they’re fine. 🤷‍♀️

Well, they did eliminate mobile order at the Tropical Hideaway after a similar situation over there. Not sure what they are waiting for at Bengal...

The one that annoyed me the most was the Mint Julep Bar. We ordered some beignets, checked the "I'm here" button and sat down to wait. And wait. And wait. 20 minutes later I decided to go up and find out what was going on and saw that there was a HUGE line and you had to stand in it and physically check in with a CM with an iPad (BEFORE your order is ready) and ONLY when you talk to the CM will they confirm you are there and change your order status to "ready for pickup." Had I not gotten up, who knows how long we would have sat waiting for a notification that our order was ready. Very frustrating. They need to streamline the mobile order process across property.
Tropical Hideway was stupid. We mobile ordered only to walk up there AT LUNCH TIME with zero line and the people behind the counter didn't ask for any confirmation or anything just "Oh what did you order?" And made it for us.
Like. I didn't need to mobile order that 2 hours ago, thanks

u may have a similar experience at gibson icecream too :-)

but yah the ice cream is worth the wait......

best to checkin and go do something else while waiting.
At Gibson Girl Ice Cream, when you check "I'm here, prepare my food", head to the location. Tell the person you are there. They don't actually scoop til you are physically there. We wondered when we waited about 15 mins after for a "Ready", and when we went there, they told us to just show up after clicking we were there.

Tropical Hideway was stupid. We mobile ordered only to walk up there AT LUNCH TIME with zero line and the people behind the counter didn't ask for any confirmation or anything just "Oh what did you order?" And made it for us.
Like. I didn't need to mobile order that 2 hours ago, thanks

we did tropical hideaway on 7/19 and it said no mobile orders.....

so i got into line and sent the boy to get a water table :-) (we love water tables hahhaha) so multitask while in line right... :p

and the line was to the edge of the tropical hideaway....

about 20 minutes...

but it was worth it :-)

this was sooooo good on a hot day :-) and we got to watch the boats and a secret duck dock with 4 ducks on it chilling too :-) lol

ok if you are in the mood to look at food :-) while u got me talking about the tropical hideaway.... (and hiding away from this heat)

let me show u a good mobile order spot in cali adventure with good shade tables right next to the old mupperts theatre (phil harmagic) tons of tables and chil in the shade :-)

smhooozies has some nice shakes and stuff and nice to cool down and chill out on those tables :-)
then drop in to see the updated philharmagic (new pixar scene??)

the mobile order is quick here too, maybe 10 min after im here.

When I was there on July 15, I showed my phone to a CM that indicated I had neither Park wifi nor cellular data so I could not do mobile order. She just waved me to the regular line that only had 1 party ahead of me. Meanwhile the mobile area looked crowded and chaotic. This was about 11:20 a.m.

ok if you are in the mood to look at food :-) while u got me talking about the tropical hideaway.... (and hiding away from this heat)

let me show u a good mobile order spot in cali adventure with good shade tables right next to the old mupperts theatre (phil harmagic) tons of tables and chil in the shade :-)

smhooozies has some nice shakes and stuff and nice to cool down and chill out on those tables :-)
then drop in to see the updated philharmagic (new pixar scene??)

the mobile order is quick here too, maybe 10 min after im here.

View attachment 591923

Oh geez, I'm gonna have to take my hubby here; he loves milkshakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter