Bengal BBQ recipe- I tried it! W/pics!

PinkBudgie

DIS Veteran
Ok, I've decided I just have to have some more Banyan Beef. ;) I did a general search for it and it seems others have asked and found it, but all the links I find are now broken. It seems they do or did give out the recipe. Does anyone have this? It sure would be good! :lovestruc

Oh! Thanks! That looks like it might be it! :thumbsup2 I'm going to try it when we get back from the in-laws!

In my save file I have copies of the sauces from someone that worked there. I think I got them from the Creative Community board on a thread about Disney dishes. I can post them if that's allowed here. Sadly I don't think I know who they came from.

I don't know if there are rules about recipes or not. :rotfl: I think I'm ok now. Those two links had the same recipe so I think that must be it. I'm going to try. I just need to get some of the ingredients. I didn't think to check the creative forum for recipes. I'll have to wander over and see if I can search there. :)

Here is what I have saved. I'm sorry for not giving credit to whomever posted this but here goes:

Bengal BBQ Sauces

Tahitian Sauce (Chicken Dip)
Whole Cloves 4 each
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Catsup 1 cup
Crushed Pineapple 1/2 cup
Pineapple Juice 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar 1/2 cup
Soy Sauce 1/2 cup
Orange Juice Conc. 1/4 cup
Water 3 tblsp.

Simmer cloves in vinegar for 5-10 minutes. Strain cloves and add other ingredients. Bring mixture to slow boil over medium heat.

Tonkatsu Sauce (Chicken Marinade)
Teriyaki Sauce 1 cup
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Red Wine Vinegar 1 tblsp.
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Sherry Cooking Wine 1/2 cup
Whole Bay Leaf 2 each
Ground Black Pepper 1 tblsp.
Fresh Ginger Root 3 tblsp.
Fresh Garlic 2 tblsp.

Mix ingredients and marinade chicken overnight in your refrigerator.

Korean Sauce (beef dip)
WARNING: Very Hot Sauce
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Water 1 ½ cup
Ground Black Pepper 1 tblsp.
Sesame Seed Oil 3 tblsp.
Ground Red Pepper 1 tsp.
Cayenne Pepper 1/2 tsp.
Fresh Garlic 1 tblsp.
Corn Starch 1 tblsp.

Mix all ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat. Add cornstarch to thicken.

-----

NOTE: These were the sauce recipes BEFORE they were outsourced out (ie N.O. Main Kitchen no longer making them) back in the 90s when I worked at the BBQ

Tonight we had Bengal BBQ night! We bought a new BBQ at Home Depot on clearance for only $25. Our old BBQ was a tiny little webber, so having one this big was great!

I made the spicey sauce which is the same recipe as above except the version I printed out had 3T of cornstarch which I think was a good amount. Everything else was the same. It was yummy, just like DL! :thumbsup2

I also made veggie skewers but I coated the veggies in olive oil and sprinkled garlic and seasoning on them before cooking.

Finally, I made Tiger Tails (Not to be confused with Tigger Tails! That's for another day! ;) ) These were breadsticks I made from the Italian Seaonings Pizza Dough that you can buy at Trader Joe's. I put butter and olive oil on them and sprinkled parm. cheese on top. The Tiger Tails at Bengal always looked too plain so I improved them.

Our new BBQ:
BBQ-skewers.jpg

The final product. The sauce goes on after it is cooked.

Homemade-Bengal-BBQ2.jpg

One more view:

Homemade-Bengal-BBQ.jpg

It was a lot of work, but DH and two DS15's all liked it. The boys did most of the cooking. They have been into BBQing lately. :) I decided I would make that sauce again to go on other types of meat. It doesn't have to be skewers.

That looks really yummy! Just like the real thing! I like the improvement of putting more potatoes on the veggie skewer. I would have done that too. :thumbsup2

So, which recipe are you going to tackle next? :)

That looks really yummy! Just like the real thing! I like the improvement of putting more potatoes on the veggie skewer. I would have done that too. :thumbsup2

So, which recipe are you going to tackle next? :)

The veggie skewer ended up with summer squash, red onion, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms, and those small red potatoes. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave first to soften them up some.

Next? :eek: I can't think of anything else. :confused3 Except for maybe those good fries from Cafe Orleans...

YUM!!! Next time let me know, I'll come over for dinner! LOL

The pizza dough comes in clear bags and can be found in the refrigerator section (not freezer) near the hummis by the produce section. At least at our store anyway. I also buy the reg. pizza dough to make pizzas.

That's where it is in ours too, it's good pizza/breadstick dough too!!

I'm so going to try this!

I've already recreated the monte cristo and goofy's kitchen's PB&J pizza. Now I have something new to recreate! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter