Benefits to booking early? Or wait?

mommymanda

Mouseketeer
So I'm in a dreaming stage and flip flopping between Disney and Universal.
Than I'm realizing my plan for years has been a 2021 vacation to Universal. Since that still won't be an option for us this year (Canadians with too many unknowns). I've decided to stick to that.

We'd like to book the 2 bedroom at Cabana Bay in August 2022. Most likely a Sunday to Saturday.

So being so far away, is it better to book my hotel & tickets now or should I wait? I don't know too much about discounts at Universal, but the price I'm getting now seems fair.

Tickets arent available for 2022 yet. But you can book the resort
I've been playing online and it gives me a create your own package. Room + 3 park unlimited and shuttle for August 13-19, 2022. Somehow booking 14-20 though ends up $1000 more. I will definitely call to book than incase it ends up not valid.

Maybe because you’re getting a package? Idk. I have Royal pacific booked for three nights before our Disney trip (1/26/22-1/29) but not the package. When I try to get tickets the calendar stops at December 2021.

Maybe because you’re getting a package? Idk. I have Royal pacific booked for three nights before our Disney trip (1/26/22-1/29) but not the package. When I try to get tickets the calendar stops at December 2021.
Not too sure. I'm thinking prices won't change too much in the next few months. I may wait until my travel agency has a full hotel/flight option open. I'm just excited about the idea of a vacation again.

There are only 20 of those 2 bedroom suites at Cabana Bay, so I'd say book as early as possible.
Good to know. If I book directly with universal is changing/canceling as easy as with Disney?
I mean we would be ok with the standard family suite. I just thought we'd splurge on the extra space.

Last edited:

Good to know. If I book directly with universal is changing/canceling as easy as with Disney?
I mean we would be ok with the standard family suite. I just thought we'd splurge on the extra space.
It’s easy to cancel but fwiw it takes longer to get a refund from them than Disney. It took close to a month for me to be refunded when I cancelled and rebooked new dates just recently .

We are DVC, so I’m not as familiar with the regular Disney policies. But, with Universal, if you make any change (like shortening dates), you pay the current rate, not necessarily the rate you originally booked. This happened to us when the room we booked with an AP rate was no longer available at the AP rate.

We had to cancel our trip last year and we got our one night refund within 5 days. Booked a great club level room rate for August 2022 for 9 nights. I will need to book our flights as soon as they “become“ available.:flower:

Last edited:
I booked HRH 11 months out for my Oct trip, when I last checked prices (before they sold out), the same package was a $1000 more.

I booked HRH 11 months out for my Oct trip, when I last checked prices (before they sold out), the same package was a $1000 more.
I kinda want to book early, that way I'm well aware what I will be spending...but of course I also like saving money lol.

Book hotel only. You can cancel 5 days out no penalty.
Have you looked at the rates for royal pacific that far out? With the express pass included with the room it is sometimes a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter