Bendy-Friendies V.3 - Food & Booze Lovers Unite!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the first year that I didn't add insurance either. As long as we're able to get there I'm not too worried. And it looks like the storm will slow down ... as Catherine said the issue is whether or not the depression reforms into a storm once it hits the gulf. My understanding is the water in the gulf is realy warm this year so that could be a concern for a whole lotta people ... traveling and not traveling.

Keeping our fingers crossed that it falls apart over the mountains and disappears entirely.

I don't do insurance for WDW trips. Both DVC and the airlines will work with you on hurricanes. I've read examples of people getting a pass on their points in these circumstances. WDW was helpful finding me a room at an AP rate for 2 extra nights when I got stuck there by Hurricane Frances (that's because the airline couldn't get me out until 2 days after my original return flight, but I didn't have to pay extra for anything but the room and the food I had to stock it with from the food court as I couldn't leave it for 2 days).

And I don't think I'd get the cash back for the private event if I can't get there but it's not until the 8th, when Matthew will be long gone, assuming he doesn't have a little sister by then.

The weather guy this morning said we could get some rain from Matthew up here in VA on Monday and/or Tuesday (put your plants out, Elin)

I am hoping he is right (new guy on Channel 4?). Meanwhile, most of my flowering plants have bitten the dust. I just could not reconcile our water bill and the waste of that liquid stuff on flowers. Bob and I tried recycling water from the house but I am down to just a couple of hanging baskets and what is holding its own.

I decided I was going to mow the lawn today since I haven't had to in 3 weeks or so. Well, it kicked up so much dirt I felt guilty because my neighbor had her sheets hung out on the line. :laughing:

I am also not planning to go to the Swolphin soiree. There are just not enough days in this trip to get everything done that I want to.

I am hoping he is right (new guy on Channel 4?). Meanwhile, most of my flowering plants have bitten the dust. I just could not reconcile our water bill and the waste of that liquid stuff on flowers. Bob and I tried recycling water from the house but I am down to just a couple of hanging baskets and what is holding its own.

I decided I was going to mow the lawn today since I haven't had to in 3 weeks or so. Well, it kicked up so much dirt I felt guilty because my neighbor had her sheets hung out on the line. :laughing:

I am also not planning to go to the Swolphin soiree. There are just not enough days in this trip to get everything done that I want to.

Oh no about the sheets!

We're in need of rain badly here too. My plant from the Flower and Garden festival event bit the dust recently do the the lack of rain and my laziness.

We aren't doing the Swolphin event either as I had already planned on the 3D dessert party for us at that time. There is always next year at least!

No wonder they're confused... these are the models for Matthew... I'm predicting a direct landfall in Nebraska... :rotfl:

AL152010mlts.gif

I think Matthew's been drinking.

haahaa :rotfl: I guess that means he'd fit right in with this group ... but we will ostracize him from this party! Now, if someone could get rid of the rampant love bugs we'll be all set.

Yes, at this moment the weather people have no idea what is going to happen with Matthew. They are all speculating on which way it will go, if it even goes. You can watch six different channels and get six different scenarios!

Sally - I was wondering about those love bugs. Thank goodness we don't have any here yet. Keep your drinks coverd up! :rotfl:

Yes, at this moment the weather people have no idea what is going to happen with Matthew. They are all speculating on which way it will go, if it even goes. You can watch six different channels and get six different scenarios!

Sally - I was wondering about those love bugs. Thank goodness we don't have any here yet. Keep your drinks coverd up! :rotfl:

I walked out of Winn-Dixie this afternoon and was attacked by the killer lovebugs! Clothes, inside the grocery bags, skin ... freak out!

OMG! I went to page 251. I guess I'll get axed!

Go it - thanks Jeanne; I always remember them showing up in the spring when we lived in Florida, but I was pretty young so I'm sure my memory is faulty.

So .... do we need another thread? do we want another thread? does some other person want to pick up the torch and carry on ... ??

Go it - thanks Jeanne; I always remember them showing up in the spring when we lived in Florida, but I was pretty young so I'm sure my memory is faulty.

So .... do we need another thread? do we want another thread? does some other person want to pick up the torch and carry on ... ??

nah...you're the torchbearer! pick it up! (now if i could only find the gatekeeper and the keymaster....zool are you out there?)

I hope everyone that is leaving soon has a wonderful trip and that Matthew stays away!

Well of course we need another thread! Won't this one eventually stop letting us post?

What does this torch bearing involve? Just being the one to start the thread? Cause I can handle that...but it is called the BENDY Friendies....seems like you should be the originator!

You are obviously the torchbearer, I've seen your picture! It's entirely your call if you want to start another, since it's a Bendy-Friendies thread. I only get on disboards at food and wine time, then I go into hibernation.

New thread, please. I would miss you all on here! And leave us a link when you do it! Otherwise we may slip into oblivion on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter