Belle, Aurora & Snow White switcharoo

The issue is that people don't know they HAVE to participate to get a picture with Belle. That is not explained anywhere before you go in. I told everyone in line around me so they could make sure their kids participated.

And my 1 year old cant participate unless I carried her around bc she doesn't walk fast enough and she would get all of 5 seconds of interaction with Belle. The pictures were very rushed yesterday when we went.

Thanks for your report. I'll be curious to see other reports as well still. I can handle no autographs. But that insane pace I saw on the video is what really drove me over the edge.

And might I add..... it was really nice of you to make sure everyone knew the drill on participating to get a photo.

No, we need you both. And Kenny. And Berlioz.

Did I scare everyone away? :sad:

Thanks for your report. I'll be curious to see other reports as well still. I can handle no autographs. But that insane pace I saw on the video is what really drove me over the edge.

And might I add..... it was really nice of you to make sure everyone knew the drill on participating to get a photo.

Did I scare everyone away? :sad:
Mom,
Your scary mad sewing skillz intimidate. ;)

I can't wait to see what you've got on hand for this Christmas!

I think the whole setup of Belle's storytime is strange. It should begin the same way it does now. The middle room should just be the wardrobe and Lumiere telling more of the story. The library should be a room for a nice photo op with Belle. I can't imagine why they would deny children the opportunity to meet Belle. Even those who get to have picture only have 2 seconds with her. Very poor planning.

Mom,
Your scary mad sewing skillz intimidate. ;)

I can't wait to see what you've got on hand for this Christmas!

LOL. Thanks. :goodvibes

I do have a big pile of red panne velvet sitting here to make a new red Belle gown. :sad1: My motivation took a little hit this week on this one though.

We did the ETwB yesterday and I funk this is a lot of hand wringing over things that will iron out as dress rehershals continue.

A one year old could definely participate btw. The play isi informal and there were some parents of tiny princesses helping them out.

A simple explaination from the CM in the opening that participants will get a Pi w Belle would solve most problems.

Really its very similar to Captain Jacks pirate tutorial in thay any kid who wants to can participate and gets to interact with Jack: but the Belle interaction was a bit longer and more personal.

Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.

It's actually IS a big deal if your child wants to meet Belle, sees others getting a hugs and photo with Belle and your child can't. If you could still meet Belle at TS then it would be alright. But they should tell people it's NOT a meet and greet with Belle instead of waiting until the end and stopping people from lining up.

Patrickprincess said:
:confused3This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>

Disgusting? Really? I can think of two hands worth of things in this life that are actually disgusting. Gimme a break!

So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.

Umm so if she won't do autographs at her story telling where else are you suppose to meet her to get an autograph or let your child give her hug :confused3 This has been rather strange decision on Disney's behalf, if they are so popular why do they make it harder for you to get a photo or an autograph.

For a lot of people visiting this will be their first trip and will have no idea they will then HAVE to park hop to another Park to meet her AGAIN just to get an autograph.

They should just have Belle meeting at the front of Magic Kingdom at the other times she is not doing the Story telling, or have her doing photo's at different times of the day in the library to the space is still being used.

What a great photo if they could be bothered planning meets and greets with Belle and Beast together in the library he has given to her as a gift??

:thumbsup2 Hopefully they fix this as I can only imagine the disappointed children (and adults) Why give them a new area if people weren't actually going to be able to MEET them :confused3

Umm so if she won't do autographs at her story telling where else are you suppose to meet her to get an autograph or let your child give her hug :confused3 This has been rather strange decision on Disney's behalf, if they are so popular why do they make it harder for you to get a photo or an autograph.

For a lot of people visiting this will be their first trip and will have no idea they will then HAVE to park hop to another Park to meet her AGAIN just to get an autograph.

They should just have Belle meeting at the front of Magic Kingdom at the other times she is not doing the Story telling, or have her doing photo's at different times of the day in the library to the space is still being used.

What a great photo if they could be bothered planning meets and greets with Belle and Beast together in the library he has given to her as a gift??

Here is how Disney describes this attraction:

"Our journey begins in Maurice's workshop, where an enchanted mirror becomes your doorway to an unforgettable experience. After stepping through the mirror, you'll find that you've been transported to Beast's magnificent library, where Belle and Lumière invite you to become part of a lively retelling of the "tale as old as time."

Nowhere does it say that this is a meet and greet. So the problem is that they need to have Belle somewhere else in the MK. Some families with young children don't go to Epcot, so that's not an option for everyone. Makes no sense to not have a place where you can line up for pictures/autographs with Belle in the MK.

I don't think they have two of the same character out at the same time within a park. We were in line for Mickey once and got told he had to go because he had to get ready for the stage show.

Bonniec said:
I don't think they have two of the same character out at the same time within a park. We were in line for Mickey once and got told he had to go because he had to get ready for the stage show.

Donald at Epcot Character Spot and Caballero Donald in Mexico.

They threw that out the window years ago.

Belle used to do Storytime, appear at CRT and manage to be in Toontown all day long.

Now all of a sudden it's a problem.

I am absolutely fine with ETWB not being a meet and greet. Based on the timing, I prefer it to keep the lines from being atrocious.

But...

She does need a meet and greet somewhere in MK and I am hoping that she will have one...but of course hearing from everyone has to help!

While she would be more accessible in the theater...I booked CRT with hope to see her there as my daughter adores her but we don't like to wait in lines for characters (four boys in tow!) Character meals are a nice compromise. Too late to rebook for Akershus (party of ten leaving in a month).

Now, to introduce her to Jasmine...she doesn't know Aurora or Jasmine...shameful I know...

Well, I've been wishing/praying/hoping that FLE might be open during the Xmas parties and now there's rumors that might indeed be the plan:thumbsup2

So now I'm adding a wish/prayer/hope that Belle will AT THE LEAST be dressed in her red Christmas dress wherever (even if only at ETwB) she appears during and Holiday season and MVMCP hours! So get busy on that red dress, mom2rtk - and hopefully we will all have a chance to see her dressed as she always is for the holidays. pixiedust:

And I agree that if your child is not expecting to 'meet' a character, they might watch the other children get their picture and not be upset - but for those of us whose children and grandchildren have grown up visiting WDW, they have a huge level of expectation in meeting characters that disney itself has encouraged and set the bar for. My DGrD actually believes the characters are her 'friends' and that they LOVE getting to see her when she 'visits' them at their home - so this is a big deal - believe me, I wouldn't stand in those long lines for pictures and autographs if it wasn't so exciting and fun for her!:goodvibes

At MNSHHP, Minnie with Mickey in Town Hall and then Minnie with Daisy in the Circus tent.

I am absolutely fine with ETWB not being a meet and greet. Based on the timing, I prefer it to keep the lines from being atrocious.

But...

She does need a meet and greet somewhere in MK and I am hoping that she will have one...but of course hearing from everyone has to help!

I absolutely agree. My issue is not how they have Enchanted Tales with Belle set up. From what I've seen it's an adorable little show and I can't wait to see it in person myself this December.

My issue is them taking her out of TST. That's it. Plain and simple.

And I do have some hope that if they hear from people they might reconsider that piece of it. Their track record of responding to guest issues of this nature is not great (or even good) but I do think that they are watching closely how their new attractions are received, so it is worth a try at this time in particular.

Well, I've been wishing/praying/hoping that FLE might be open during the Xmas parties and now there's rumors that might indeed be the plan:thumbsup2

So now I'm adding a wish/prayer/hope that Belle will AT THE LEAST be dressed in her red Christmas dress wherever (even if only at ETwB) she appears during and Holiday season and MVMCP hours! So get busy on that red dress, mom2rtk - and hopefully we will all have a chance to see her dressed as she always is for the holidays. pixiedust:

And I agree that if your child is not expecting to 'meet' a character, they might watch the other children get their picture and not be upset - but for those of us whose children and grandchildren have grown up visiting WDW, they have a huge level of expectation in meeting characters that disney itself has encouraged and set the bar for. My DGrD actually believes the characters are her 'friends' and that they LOVE getting to see her when she 'visits' them at their home - so this is a big deal - believe me, I wouldn't stand in those long lines for pictures and autographs if it wasn't so exciting and fun for her!:goodvibes

Well, the rumor I've heard from a couple sources is that Belle will not be appearing in her red. It did occur to me that maybe they could at least have her appear in her red in Storytime. But I think that would require some changes to the story they tell, and I'm not getting my hopes up that they will do that so soon after opening the attraction.

I'll probably go ahead with the new red gown at MVMCP. That pile of red fabric still seems to be calling my name. We are eating at BOG before the party at at least I'm still optimistic the Beast will be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter