Belle, Aurora & Snow White switcharoo

LOL. Can you tell I'm on this one?

I had swallowed hard on the "no Belle" thing. And just as I was sort of accepting it, they tell me no Belle at MVMCP either. That sort of pushed me over the edge.....

I hadn't noticed. ;)

You got it from here, since you're "in da house".

I'm afraid my child will be "volunteering" to provide that meltdown for you if she doesn't get a hug and photo with Belle! :scared: I
'm pretty sure I can see how that attraction is going to end for us.

She never cared for the Belle Storytime because as much as she usually loves shows, she was always bored to tears with the little play with the kids. She only sat through it for one reason- to get a hug, autograph and photo with Belle. I have a feeling Enchanted Tales with Belle is not going to go well for us. Since she is 6 now, there is a chance she will not blow up (although character meet and greets are still her favorite thing at WDW, so we will have to see)- but at ages 2-5, it would have been ugly. Now, she is more the type to walk up to the closest CM and tell them what she thinks of the new set up- she spent plenty of time on our last trip telling every CM at the Snow White ride what she thought about the fact they were closing it. :scared: I may have to take her to Guest Services after Enchanted Tales with Belle. :rotfl2:

Well, as much as I think the suits at Disney need to see a few meltdowns, I'm hoping your trip through will end much better. :goodvibes

LOL on her voicing her concerns over the Snow White ride. Recruit her to my cause, will you? :) And let us know how that trip to Guest Services goes!

bjakmom said:
A DISer posted this video of Enchanted Tales with Belle from the other day http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007414 that shows the quick and crazy way they do the pics at the end.
Yikes! This creates a problem for me, too, as DGrDs are 9 and 1 and I really wanted a picture of them together with Belle. I guess I will ask for a part for the baby and participate with her in order to get a photo.
Perhaps they are pulling Belle from all other locations so that people will have no choice but to go see ETwB to even see her - cause once everyone sees that there is no real chance to meet and greet with Belle and get good family photos or autographs, they might never go there again.;)
This was just crazy thinking IMHO to build a whole village for Belle and have people stand in most likely long lines to sit through the story presentation and THEN realize they are not going to get a pic/autograph with Belle.
Hello?!!! Was this planned by the same person who put the bathroom sinks at BLT back to back with the kitchen sink and counter??:rolleyes1:lmao:

She still meets in France every day for photos and autographs.

luvmy2babies said:
Well drat!

Can I write in even though I haven't been yet? We won't go again until May, but we are on the back end of the princess phase as it is. My daughter had an incredible M&G with Belle last trip (lessons on twirling a puffy dress, hugs, a conversation about being a princess, practicing the princess wave) and I know she's looking forward to seeing her again.

And will Rapunzel and Cinderella only be at CRT in MK now or did I read that wrong?

Guess I'll make breakfast reservations at Akershus just in case. We like it there anyway.

Rapunzel at Crt will be rare.

mesaboy2 said:
Since BOG hasn't opened yet, we're all speculating. But there was a recent report that Beast would appear as you arrive (like Cindy at CRT or Belle at Akershus). No other characters have entered the conversation for BOG.

Stay tuned.

ETA: Once again, mom2rtk and I say the same thing at the same time. I should probably just stay away when she's around. ;)

Only Beast. Only for dinner is what I've been told.

Disney_Princess83 said:
Is Snow White still a regular character at CRT? :confused3

Yes, but that discussion was over Belle. I have every regular character, their location and meeting times on my blog. I'll be updating schedules today.

If Beast is only meeting for dinner at BOG - couldn't he "in theory" meet during the day at Epcot or outside his castle somehere?

If Beast is only meeting for dinner at BOG - couldn't he "in theory" meet during the day at Epcot or outside his castle somehere?

Apparently they have no interest in that. There's lots they could do "in theory". But the bean counters seem to have taken over the character department.

According to general rumors, he has been removed permanently removed from EPCOT. I'm hoping he meets somewhere else at MK during the day

Personally I'm okay with this! Since DD4 probably won't meet Belle at MK (I'll be shocked if she volunteers for ETWB) and she's terrified of the Beast, she otherwise would be missing one of her favorite princesses. And Belle was one of our favorites last time when she brought DD out of her shell by giving her so much attention then leaving a big red kiss on the cheek. DD, who was 2 then, just grinned and grinned, "Belle kissed me!"

Not a traditional one....

The setup is that all players in the story get a quick photo with her, but no one else does. There is also no interaction to speak of and no autographs.

How do they choose the kids that will participate and get a photo with her? Any idea how many kids they choose per session?

I have only read to post number 26, so....

I have been told they take in approximately 40 people. There are enough props for 37 roles. If your child is too shy to take a role, they can join in the "parade". Anyone who has a part or joins in the parade can get a quick picture with Belle. So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.

Were do we write?

I'm ok without the autograph but the picture opportunity should be a no brainier. I'm really hoping they will just add her to more places or add her and Beast to BOG
I mean really, why create a land and diminish the character being there? if Ariel can have her M&G area why not Belle?

Can someone confirm that the B&B show at the Studios is gone/going

Were do we write?

I'm ok without the autograph but the picture opportunity should be a no brainier. I'm really hoping they will just add her to more places or add her and Beast to BOG
I mean really, why create a land and diminish the character being there? if Ariel can have her M&G area why not Belle?

Can someone confirm that the B&B show at the Studios is gone/going

The bolded part really does seem to be the hardest part of this to swallow. You really have to wonder what they were thinking.

Here's the address:

WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

As for the BATB show at DHS, I have only just recently heard a rumor about the show maybe changing. But it certainly didn't seem concrete. I'll be very disappointed if this happens.

I have only read to post number 26, so....

I have been told they take in approximately 40 people. There are enough props for 37 roles. If your child is too shy to take a role, they can join in the "parade". Anyone who has a part or joins in the parade can get a quick picture with Belle. So, everyone has a chance to have a picture if they choose - but it will be very quick and no autograph.

Well at least that hopefully will eliminate giving kids the double whammy disappointment of:
1. they get upset because they don't get picked to be in the play; and then
2. they watch the kids selected instead of them get to take a photo with Belle while they aren't allowed to get a photo.
I had visions of a double disappointment.

I watched the video of the after play photo line that was posted. I still find it completely unacceptable. It is so rushed the kids hardly get to stand still while the photo is being taken. They get pushed through so fast they don't get to talk to Belle or even get to hug her. That's not okay in my book. It is like whoever designed this deal either doesn't have kids, or has absolutely no experience with kids who love the characters or girls who are Princess crazy. They don't seem to have a concept of what is most important to the little ones- which is some sort of personal interaction- knowing that Belle talked specifically to, and hugged, them individually. They seem to think that if they stick Belle up there and let her talk to everyone in a scripted manner that it should be enough for the kids. Well, it's not.

Belle really needs to be accessible somewhere at MK, even if it is just in her blue dress, for a more traditional meet and greet than they are doing with Enchanted Tales if they can't revamp Enchanted Tales to fix the problem. Belle needs to be accessible for autographs, hugs and a brief one-on-one talk, in her yellow dress somewhere in at least one of the parks in a situation that doesn't involve having to book an ADR.

Belle also belongs somewhere in her red dress with Beast at MVMCP (considering the line was 2 hours when we checked one time last year you would think they might even consider adding that meet and greet during the day instead of eliminating it altogether!). We were sad enough that they quit selling Belle's red Christmas dress at the BBB. We've seen that red dress for sale the past several years, and of course las year when DD wanted it, they didn't carry them anymore. Worked out well for DD though because she decided to be Snow White in honor of the demise of the ride.

Mom2rtk, she did actually demand that I take her to a manager to discuss the closing of the Snow White ride during our trip last year, but I declined to take her to Guest Services. She had to settle for riding the ride multiple times and chastising whatever CM she could get to listen--- probably funnier/more effective on the day she rode it somewhere between 5 to 10 times dressed as Snow White. You can picture the little Snow White trying to let the CMs have it! :rotfl2: The CMs of course were telling her that they were sad and didn't like that it was going away just like she was. I tried to explain to her that the people operating the ride have no control over that, but all that got me was her demanding that I take her to someone who was in charge. I have no idea where she gets that. It is definitely not from DH or I! We aren't generally the complaining type! Her pre-school teacher said she thought she would be either a CEO or a movie star someday! :rotfl: If she demands to see a manager after Enchanted Tales with Belle, I may let her go to Guest Services and file a complaint this time! ;)

Mom2rtk, she did actually demand that I take her to a manager to discuss the closing of the Snow White ride during our trip last year, but I declined to take her to Guest Services. She had to settle for riding the ride multiple times and chastising whatever CM she could get to listen--- probably funnier/more effective on the day she rode it somewhere between 5 to 10 times dressed as Snow White. You can picture the little Snow White trying to let the CMs have it! :rotfl2: The CMs of course were telling her that they were sad and didn't like that it was going away just like she was. I tried to explain to her that the people operating the ride have no control over that, but all that got me was her demanding that I take her to someone who was in charge. I have no idea where she gets that. It is definitely not from DH or I! We aren't generally the complaining type! Her pre-school teacher said she thought she would be either a CEO or a movie star someday! :rotfl: If she demands to see a manager after Enchanted Tales with Belle, I may let her go to Guest Services and file a complaint this time! ;)

:rotfl2:

That's an awesome story. I do hope you'll unleash her on the powers that be next time. :thumbsup2

Not much she could have done to stop the closing of Snow White. But it would not be hard to tweak things to allow her and others to meet Belle in a reasonable fashion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!