Belle, Aurora & Snow White switcharoo

You and I have had this discussion on a previous thread and it didn't end well. :lmao: I appreciate your point of view and would appreciate if you appreciate mine. I have read the threats and this does seem to be changing, although only some CM's are offering that anyone who wants photos can join the line. There have been reports that some people have not been allowed to get a photos unless they were in the show. There have also been several reports that other then two guard positions, adults have been discouraged from participating. There doesn't seem to be a set rule on meeting Belle during ETWB

Crush has NEVER been a character you can meet in the park. It's not like you can meet Nemo and Dory. You can meet all the other princesses and I would imagine many people would expect you can meet Belle in a similar way. She is now the only main princess you can no longer meet at MK.

I don't think it's a case of not "surviving" as you put it, of course this isn't a life or death situation and NO ONE is saying that it is. I think ETWB looks amazing and cannot wait to see it! However at the expense of meeting Belle :confused3 I've complained to WDW and I know that many other people have too.

Actually at one time Nemo DID do a meet and greet.

You and I have had this discussion on a previous thread and it didn't end well. :lmao: I appreciate your point of view and would appreciate if you appreciate mine. I have read the threats and this does seem to be changing, although only some CM's are offering that anyone who wants photos can join the line. There have been reports that some people have not been allowed to get a photos unless they were in the show. There have also been several reports that other then two guard positions, adults have been discouraged from participating. There doesn't seem to be a set rule on meeting Belle during ETWB

Crush has NEVER been a character you can meet in the park. It's not like you can meet Nemo and Dory. You can meet all the other princesses and I would imagine many people would expect you can meet Belle in a similar way. She is now the only main princess you can no longer meet at MK.

I don't think it's a case of not "surviving" as you put it, of course this isn't a life or death situation and NO ONE is saying that it is. I think ETWB looks amazing and cannot wait to see it! However at the expense of meeting Belle :confused3 I've complained to WDW and I know that many other people have too.

But don't you think that the fact that there's not yet a "set rule" is because the show is not yet officially open? Remember that ETwB is still in its rehearsal / soft opening phase, which is when all of these things get ironed out. If people would wait to complain until after the show is officially open and procedures are in place, I think there'd be a lot less angst. I imagine they're trying it lots of different ways right now so that they can find out which option works best for show flow, audience satisfaction, participation levels, and a number of other considerations.

:earsboy:

I just don't feel wounded or betrayed by this change, and I'm sorry that you do.

Oh my goodness. I do wish people would quit putting words in my mouth. Now I am "wounded" and "betrayed"?

I never said I didn't think I'd enjoy the new attraction and wasn't looking forward to it. (I think that's that makes 1001 times saying it now).

I said I was disappointed they took Belle out of TST.

And I'm ticked off they took her and the Beast out of MVMCP.

That's about it. But I do have to say it is interesting to see all the words people want to put in my mouth. Makes me wonder why the desire to do that? Is there a part you're looking for me to play in this drama?

Oh my goodness. I do wish people would quit putting words in my mouth. Now I am "wounded" and "betrayed"?

I never said I didn't think I'd enjoy the new attraction and wasn't looking forward to it. (I think that's that makes 1001 times saying it now).

I said I was disappointed they took Belle out of TST.

And I'm ticked off they took her and the Beast out of MVMCP.

That's about it. But I do have to say it is interesting to see all the words people want to put in my mouth. Makes me wonder why the desire to do that? Is there a part you're looking for me to play in this drama?
OK ... even you have to admit that there was a little bit of martyr in that comment. :goodvibes

For better or worse, the DIS is a written medium. You know exactly what you mean when you write something. You know how you sound in your head and what kind of tone you're writing in -- no one else really does. Everyone is going to hear it in their head differently. Some people only pick up on key words or phrases, while other people think of how they would feel saying the same thing and then project their own feelings onto your words. I don't think anyone is purposely trying to put words in your mouth -- they're communicating based on how they read what you wrote. (If that makes sense ...)

:earsboy:

The majority of guests have no idea what has been previously available, and won't have any idea that Belle ever was in the TST. Most will walk into the park, see the princesses listed, and won't in any way expect to see a princess who simply isn't there. People don't ever say, "Arrgh! I was expecting to see Tarzan's JANE in the Magic Kingdom! Why isn't Jane here? Vacation ruined!"

It's a relatively small subset of people who not only know that Belle used to be there, but who actually care. Disney is in the business of catering to the majority. Belle is well represented in several parks, so taking her out of TST leaves a spot open for a different princess. Which is important!

I feel the need to put my .02 cents on this. I see people everyday that ask me for princess x or y. Disney has promoted very heavily that you can meet the characters and that you can get a picture, a conversation, a hug or whatever. Even first time visitors asks because we advertise it on our maps, on the Disney site and in the TV commercials. There is also the comparison fact. If you go to the princess room and then get to Belle attraction you do realize that is not the same time and not the same venue. They may not been there before but it's hard not to realize and not to compare.

And in my humble opinion. I love the show! I think is absolutely bloody fantastic! But...Belle should be available for meet and greets somewhere else. It's not because people demand this but because children are easily impressionable and is hard very hard for them to take a prop and act out a part. Maybe we don't think is a big deal but for some children is hard and the fear is paralyzing. They just can't do it, and in more one to one interaction those children transform in incredible ways. That kind of time is not available there and some kids desperately need that. Those kids may enjoy the show but asking them to participate or to stand in the front with everyone looking is asking more than they can give. Again just my personal .02 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter