Being realistic, how far is this addy from WDW?

luvdisney77

Mouseketeer
It says 15 minutes in the ad, but it looks WAY farther away than that. Debating on Buena Vista Suites or this place. We have 5 kids, one of which will only be 5 months old at the time, so proximity to WDW is an issue. (we want mid-day breaks). Here's the addy (it's on their website, so it's public knowledge). THANK YOU!!!

1518 Blue Sky Way
Clermont, FL

For me that address area would be a little far out for mid-day breaks. The 15 minutes might get you to Disney Property but I'd say it's more like 20 or more to get to the property and more if there's a lot of traffic on 192.
Buena Vista Suites is fairly close to the Epcot / DTD area, better if you want to come back mid-day.
We usually stay in Windsor Hills or the Formosa Gardens area. That's only 5 minutes from AKingdom. We have taken breaks mid-day and gone back in later in the day.

I would not be looking anywhere in Clermont if I wanted to take mid-day breaks. But, with five kids, I'd want something bigger than a suite at BVS. I'd recommend looking for a 2BR or larger unit somewhere for sure.

It says 15 minutes in the ad, but it looks WAY farther away than that. Debating on Buena Vista Suites or this place. We have 5 kids, one of which will only be 5 months old at the time, so proximity to WDW is an issue. (we want mid-day breaks). Here's the addy (it's on their website, so it's public knowledge). THANK YOU!!!

1518 Blue Sky Way
Clermont, FL
Try Windsor Hills..it's newer, awesome, affordable and 10-15 minutes to all the parks tops! We took breaks when we stayed there with no problems at all! www.windsorhillsrent.com:thumbsup2

The closest Disney theme park is Animal Kingdom, about 8 miles from that location. Based on my recollection of how long it takes from the end of SR 192 to Disney I'd say that 15 minutes is a little hopeful - if you only get green lights and there's little or no traffic. I think it would be close to 20 minutes from there to AK. Other mileages - about 12 or 13 miles to Disney Hollywood Studios, around 14 miles to Epcot, 14 to 15 miles to the Magic Kingdom parking lot.

Dick Taylor

From Google...
Just bear in mind that these times assume no traffic, so depending on the time of year you are going and also the time of day, your commute may be longer.

Also driving times are to the parking lot (approx) - allow time to get into the park (which can take time, especially at MK)

Driving directions to Disney's Animal Kingdom
8.0 mi – about 18 mins

Driving directions to Epcot
13.8 mi – about 26 mins

Driving directions to Disney's Magic Kingdom
11.4 mi – about 23 mins
(Note wasn't 100% sure about the route Google advised as it appeared to use small service roads, so I re-did it using regular roads as per below.)

Driving directions to Disney's Magic Kingdom
14.6 mi – about 29 mins

Driving directions to Disney's Hollywood Studios
12.0 mi – about 22 mins

HTH

-Kay

Remember, there is more than one route to take. :)

You can take the 429 to WDW now, and that would drop you right by Coronado Springs.

Clermont is an easy drive from WDW, with little traffic, particularly if you go via a route that avoids 192.

If you consider the average bus ride via Disney Transport (including waiting) is on average 20-30 mintues, I think driving your own car 10-15 miles away would beat that time.

If you don't go the Windsor Hills route (a house), look into Bonnet Creek. We are getting a 2-bedroom condo for $840/week (rent through vacationupgrades.com). It's next to Caribbean Beach so it's basically on property and very easy to get to for afternoon breaks.

Here is my review. After always staying on property (value, mod, deluxe and DVC), we really love BC!

BC

If you don't go the Windsor Hills route (a house), look into Bonnet Creek. We are getting a 2-bedroom condo for $840/week (rent through vacationupgrades.com). It's next to Caribbean Beach so it's basically on property and very easy to get to for afternoon breaks.

Here is my review. After always staying on property (value, mod, deluxe and DVC), we really love BC!

BC

Thanks!!!! I was JUST looking into this!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!