• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Being frugal -- how to download from the internet to MP3

mom of 3G's

DIS Veteran
My son would like some movies on his MP3 player. I am not asking how to download copyright material for free, but rather amateur videos such as tractor pulls, ATV mud runs, etc. Is there a way to download youtube videos?

I use Amazon for my mp3 songs-99Cents each.
I am sure they have some movies?

gail

I know my kids know how but they are outside right now (thankfully!). I thought there was an extension for firefox and this is what I found, I have not tried it though:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7447

I use mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer as my internet browser. I am pretty sure you will need to use firefox to install the extension and use it. I would assume it would be easy to use, download to specified place and add to your mp3 player.

edit:
I just installed onto mine. So far so good. In the browser on the bottom bar there was a small blue oval with a sideways triangle (like the "play" symbol). I clicked that and it brought up a small box with my options for downloading. You need to read what is available on that page for download. The first thing I initially downloaded was a commercial for Halloween, only took about 15 seconds. I am now downloading a video from a concert, I think I'm at 3 minutes now and 73% done. I have saved them to my desktop and the commercial came up quickly in winamp for me (I must have winamp designated to open that file type). They are saving as an .flv file though. You will need to see if your mp3 player can handle this file, I would assume so but you might need to get a codec or convert the file if not. Seems pretty simple & straightforward. If you need help, just give me a yell. I love fiddling with this type stuff, it's like a big puzzle trying to figure out how to make things work. I know, I'm a dork!
36_1_37.gif

okay oldest son just came in and said that the .flv files are hard to play on just about anything! He suggested using vixy.net. You enter the link that you wish to download, choose the format that you want to use (ie; mp4's, mp3's, avi's, mov's and 3gp's).

He said to make sure that the video page that you are wanting to download is closed while you have it in vixy. He said that it recognizes that it's open and it will take twice as long to download. Hope that makes sense. If not, again, just give a shout out and either of us can walk you through. Looks simple and straightforward without having to download or install anything.

okay oldest son just came in and said that the .flv files are hard to play on just about anything! He suggested using vixy.net. You enter the link that you wish to download, choose the format that you want to use (ie; mp4's, mp3's, avi's, mov's and 3gp's).

He said to make sure that the video page that you are wanting to download is closed while you have it in vixy. He said that it recognizes that it's open and it will take twice as long to download. Hope that makes sense. If not, again, just give a shout out and either of us can walk you through. Looks simple and straightforward without having to download or install anything.

Thank you! I don't have time to try it until tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter