Being booted by the NBA deal , where is Disney moving you too?

Well, it is not false new or rumors as someone mentioned. It has happened. Aug 28-Sept 6 YC CL trip is now showing at the Poly, CL. No communication from Disney but it was a TA booked trip.

Someone else at YC also moved to Poly (not sure exact dates) upon checking MDE. In turn I checked and saw we had been moved. No communication at all from Disney.

We are not happy about this.

There have been several reports of others moving from Beach Club to the Poly, they were also booked by a TA and around the same time period.

has DISNEY officially “bumped” you or are you assuming?

Long story....but no, I haven’t heard anything from them. We are still booked through a travel agent right now for Gran Destino. I have told them to cancel the reservation if they don’t offer either Poly or Grand Floridian, which I’m sure the latter is not an option. However, we are DVC members and we made a back up reservation for those same dates at BWV just in case we do not like what we are offered. So now I am afraid that I’m going to have that first reservation canceled since it won’t be VGF or Poly and that it will cancel my park reservations since that is the linked hotel reservation in MDE.

I asked my travel agent if Gran Destino will definitely be canceled and she said yes since only DVC resorts and Fort Wilderness will be open. I asked my agent if it should just be canceled and she said she isn’t sure that park reservations are linked to the resort reservation. From what I have read, it looks like they are so I am afraid that this cluster of everything being the same day will mean no parks for those days. I wish at this point that I had not used a travel agent for my cash reservation.

Last edited:
So are people being moved from non-DVC because they aren’t open or because of the nba? I still haven’t seen anyone with an official “booting” because of the nba, these resorts are closed anyway so using them for the players isn’t taking away from anyone. They are closed to the public

Just checking in to see if anyone has been able to get their resort change today for their stay during the NBA takeover??

So are people being moved from non-DVC because they aren’t open or because of the nba? I still haven’t seen anyone with an official “booting” because of the nba, these resorts are closed anyway so using them for the players isn’t taking away from anyone. They are closed to the public

Here's my thing though, if it was closed just due to Covid that's one thing., but it's not that simple for those of us that had reservations there. They are still ramping up staff and opening it regardless if it's for the public or not, and honestly we don't know what would have happened by mid-October. Really I feel Disney should give two options - 1. Offer the move (like they have been doing) 2. If the move isn't satisfactory Disney should cancel the reservation, it shouldn't be on the customer. <-- I say that because we have a package and as I read the terms & services, the airline fees are going to be charged to us for canceling and I feel like I shouldn't have to cough that fee up because my room was bumped due to the NBA.

Just checking in to see if anyone has been able to get their resort change today for their stay during the NBA takeover??

I can't even get into the system. I'm sitting on a holding screen waiting room

Here's my thing though, if it was closed just due to Covid that's one thing., but it's not that simple for those of us that had reservations there. They are still ramping up staff and opening it regardless if it's for the public or not, and honestly we don't know what would have happened by mid-October. Really I feel Disney should give two options - 1. Offer the move (like they have been doing) 2. If the move isn't satisfactory Disney should cancel the reservation, it shouldn't be on the customer. <-- I say that because we have a package and as I read the terms & services, the airline fees are going to be charged to us for canceling and I feel like I shouldn't have to cough that fee up because my room was bumped due to the NBA.

I can't even get into the system. I'm sitting on a holding screen waiting room

Yeah I am hearing the hold times on the phone are ridiculous. Unfortunately I’m an RN and cannot stay on hold for hours on end. I will try when I got off shift, dont know how late the lines are open.

Yeah I am hearing the hold times on the phone are ridiculous. Unfortunately I’m an RN and cannot stay on hold for hours on end. I will try when I got off shift, dont know how late the lines are open.
Finally got in, ours still says CSR but our vacation isn't until end of September, so it might be a bit yet before they get to ours.

They are open until 9pm EST. I have been on the phone for 5.5 hours, waiting 3 hours for Guest Services. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter