Being booted by the NBA deal , where is Disney moving you too?

All tours will be private and after hours or before hours. The NBA is hardcore strict on the bubble, as is the NBA Players Association.

Well, then they’re not going to be in the main building because Cash/DVC guests were already told they have access to Gasparilla and ER etc. that’s their only place for food.

My guess is NBA will have the buildings around the courtyard pool, Narcoosees, and the convention center. It’s easy enough to keep other guests out of that area.

That makes sense. With the first game of the Finals starting on Sept 30, I wouldn't expect GF to be NBA-occupied for very long.

All tours will be private and after hours or before hours. The NBA is hardcore strict on the bubble, as is the NBA Players Association.
Well, I guess that’s what Disney is doing with the reduced park hours. I thought maybe the early closures were for deeper cleaning each night. But there’s no money in that.

Last edited:
They absolutely will restrict access to the main building. Part of the NBA contract is that Disney and the NBA will have a very, very tight "bubble" due to Covid. There will be no one allowed in the bubble except for Disney cast members, NBA players and select families, and NBA staff.

The bubble is the highest priority, so much so that the NBA is setting up a hotline for NBA players and staff to report other players and staff who violate the bubble. If the NBA deal for a resort includes the lobby, no one else will be allowed in there.
so there is a way I can get to the monorail from the GFV without going into the lobby perhaps? We stayed at the GF 4 years ago in one of the buildings closest to the boat launch and walked into the lobby to get to the monorail so I'm not sure how logistics works from the Villas.

AND, what about the boat launch? Will they let us even walk that way across the resort campus to get to boat - that is if it's even running by late August..

ugh - I feel a cluster coming on!

That makes sense. With the first game of the Finals starting on Sept 30, I wouldn't expect GF to be NBA-occupied for very long.
WAIT. So the players won't be at the GF from July -October?? I saw the list of teams that would be at the GF but are those just the teams in the Finals and that won't start until Sept 30th?

ARGH - I wish I followed sports, I could know things like this!!?? 🙄

No the ones at GF are predicted to be out quickly. Those at GDT are the ones looking to go all the way. Should those staying at GF upset any better ranking teams they will prob be asked to move to GDT, thus freeing up GF the fastest.. I think I answered your question?
Sorta - here's my specific question for me...

We are at the GFV from Aug 26-30th - will there be any basketball players at the GF during those 5 days??

Cause it's all about me (as my DH says.. :rotfl2:)

Sorry for the people that are getting booted. It sucks. After years of continuous BWI club stays, one year we got booted 5 days before we left because of Disney board members staying. We were still at Disney so we made the best of it but still not what we save for all year. We want to be in EPCOT area.

WAIT. So the players won't be at the GF from July -October?? I saw the list of teams that would be at the GF but are those just the teams in the Finals and that won't start until Sept 30th?

ARGH - I wish I followed sports, I could know things like this!!?? 🙄
The NBA will be there to finish their season to determine who is going to be in the playoffs, and then hold the playoffs. Once teams are eliminated from contention, they will leave.

the teams were also assigned to hotels based on their seeding (high seed = better chance to win, and thus higher chance to stay in Orlando longer)

the best teams with the highest seeds are staying at Gramd Destino Tower, the next group is at Grand Floridian and the lowest group is at Yacht Club.

playoffs are tournament style with 5-7 game series. After team loses a series, they go home.

so in theory, Grand Destino Tower will be occupied by the NBA the longest.

The NBA will be there to finish their season to determine who is going to be in the playoffs, and then hold the playoffs. Once teams are eliminated from contention, they will leave.

the teams were also assigned to hotels based on their seeding (high seed = better chance to win, and thus higher chance to stay in Orlando longer)

the best teams with the highest seeds are staying at Gramd Destino Tower, the next group is at Grand Floridian and the lowest group is at Yacht Club.

playoffs are tournament style with 5-7 game series. After team loses a series, they go home.

so in theory, Grand Destino Tower will be occupied by the NBA the longest.

so what's the probability that there will be players at the GF when I'm there in the GFV from Aug 26-30th??

So for now only DVC and FW cabins are open. There has been many rumors that the Resort sides were not going to open this year, :rolleyes2

I am so happy to see GF, YC and CSR are actually going to be open now.:yay:

These resorts are pretty big and they are used to keeping convention guests separate for the most part. I don’t think this will be much different.:flower1:

I see this as a huge plus ! Resorts ARE opening !:worship:

I think there's a chance. The top seeded teams are at Gran Destino, BUT, they are from different conferences, so some will be eliminated early. I suspect they'll move teams over there as other teams leave.

We are booked oct 7-13th at GDT club level...so I assume we will get moved. Interesting to see what Disney offers since we booked club level?

Agree. It looks like they are putting the teams in Yacht Club that they expect to miss out on the playoffs. I would expect after the first 8 games are done, the teams not in the playoffs will leave and the teams at Yacht Club will move. Same with the teams at GF. So don't expect either resort to be occupied for very long.

Has anybody been able to call and get any info yet. I tried chatting this morning and the CM denied knowing what hotel the NBA would be at and told me to call closer to my reservation date. 😕

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter