Beignets

mikkiblueeyes

Mouseketeer
I have an old menu that lists beignets on it from the resort Port Orleans but now in looking at the menu I don't see them. Anyone have any ideas on whether they're still there? They're like square donuts without the holes and lots of powdered sugar on them and eaten for breakfast. I told my kids we would have them for breakfast one day.

thanks

they havent reopened the resort yet, so Im not sure you will know that answer for a few more weeks

They were offered at POR for a while but they have stopped. Hopefully, POFQ will have them when they reopen. We'll be there 4/28 and plan to have them for breakfast my first morning (maybe lunch and dinner too!!).

We'll be there May 2-May 10th, will this be open then?

Ok, dummy question, is Port Orleans different from Port Orleans French Quarter?

thanks

I don't know exactly which one is closed/opened or what, but IIRC - a few years ago there used to be Port Orleans and Dixie Landings. They changed the name of Dixie Landings to Port Orleans - Riverside, and Port Orleans became Port Orleans - French Quarter.

what was port orleans is now port orleans-french quarter
what was dixie landings is now port orleans - riverside

the french quarter closed for renovations (all rooms are being totally redone, among some other things I hear)...they are set to open cack up on 3/21 I believe

when I called in my reservation, they gave the amenities for both, as if they were the same resort (riverside and french quarter)...yet they still have separate lobbies, food courts and such....

better be there! As SAWYERMAW1 says, want to enjoy these
morning, noon and night. I'll be disappointed if they are not served.

when we went to New Orleans. Loved them so much that the day before we flew home I got a big bag to bring with me. Nuked them when I got home.

Also love the pralines, too. Anything on those?

How funny, we LOVE the beignets from POFQ! We got them almost every night as a before bedtime snack. lol I sure hope they still have them when we go next year!

What menu are you looking at, is it on a website? Like a pp said though, I don't think you can be sure they WON'T have them until the resort reopens and someone sees if they are still making them. Let's hope! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter