behind the scenes theater tour

williamson_ja

DIS Veteran
I was really looking forward to this tour, but the last navigator that I looked at didn't have it on there. Does anyone know if they are still doing this tour? We are doing the 7 night eastern on Jan. 16th.

My dh is a set designer and we're both big theater junkies (I act in community theater about once a year) so this would be a huge bummer to not be able to do it. Anyone???:confused3

Couldn't tell you for sure, but I have heard in general that things that required you to go to Guest Services and get a "ticket" are no longer listed, even if they DO still exist. Something about people getting disappointed if they read about it in the navigator only to find out the event was "sold out."

Should I go to guest services when I get there and ask about it then??

Yes, always worth it....

I wanted to do this on my last cruise in August, I asked concierge they told me when and where, and it clashed with a Palo booking, so couldn't do it.

Everything changed on my last cruise as the weather was bad so we swapped an Eastern to Western so port days were wrong and Palo wrong.

I believe they have changed the general theater tour to a theater Q&A. It may have been listed as Theater Q&A, I think that's how it was on our recent navigator. But, I don't think it is as behind the scenes as it used to be. (I don't believe you need tickets for it. It's just part of the adult entertainment series.)

The behind the scenes tour is now an option for Platinum Castaway Club members. This is a ticketed event. They contact Platinum Club members directly. If you aren't Platinum Castaway Club level, I'm not sure you can get in. In this tour they do take you on stage, see the different lighting settings, fog effects, try on costumes and ride the stage lift.

It's our first cruise, so we are definitely not platinum members. Total bummer. A Q &A session would not be nearly as cool. I guess I can always ask and see.

On the Dec. 12 sailing, they had the Q & A session with several members of the theatre cast and crew. Sorry, I don't know if this was a ticketed event or not; I think it was not.

As above, there is a behind the scenes tour available as one of the choices for Platinum Castaway Club members. We did this in December. It is FAR more extensive than the old "behind the scenes" tour. However, it is a ticketed event and tickets are only available to Platinum members and people sailing in their cabin with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!