BEER! (the good kind)

jezebel73

DIS Veteran
OK, Dads -

I am a girl who loves beer. I think Bud and Bud Light taste like stinky feet (and stinky feet light) and it seems like that's the standard at Disney? Ugh.

Does anyone have a listing of what good beer is out there on property? I think I'm less worried about table service restaurants and more about snack cart set ups/walkabout beverages in the parks, but an all-inclusive list would be amazing.

Side note - my favorites are dark beers like stouts and porters and IPAs are good too. I also enjoy an occasional fruit beer or shandy in the hot weather. I'd be most interested in all these craft-ish options as opposed to basic bottles (Amstel, Heineken, Guiness).

Thanks!
P.S. if someone can confirm they sell the Schofferhofer grapefruit in Germany pavilion all the time, not just at Food and Wine, that would be great, too.
:drinking1

I don't have a list handy, but the pretzel stand in Germany had a very nice Märzen though that was in September and could have been seasonal. I mainly went with a nice Yuengling because I am from PA and can't get it out here in HI. You came to the right place though, I'm sure between all of us we can point you to the perfect brew. Cheers. :drinking1

OK, Dads -

I am a girl who loves beer. I think Bud and Bud Light taste like stinky feet (and stinky feet light) and it seems like that's the standard at Disney? Ugh.

Does anyone have a listing of what good beer is out there on property? I think I'm less worried about table service restaurants and more about snack cart set ups/walkabout beverages in the parks, but an all-inclusive list would be amazing.

Side note - my favorites are dark beers like stouts and porters and IPAs are good too. I also enjoy an occasional fruit beer or shandy in the hot weather. I'd be most interested in all these craft-ish options as opposed to basic bottles (Amstel, Heineken, Guiness).

Thanks!
P.S. if someone can confirm they sell the Schofferhofer grapefruit in Germany pavilion all the time, not just at Food and Wine, that would be great, too.

This is the website and app you're looking for.

http://beersandears.net/apps/

Anything you'd ever want to know about Beer at WDW!

OK, Dads -

Thanks!
That is a great site/app Scott suggested.

Let me recommend the Cigar City (Tampa) Jai Alai IPA. I just had it this weekend for the first time.

Beer advocate rates it at a 95/97.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/17981/46363/

It can be found at:

Walt Disney World Locations:

Beach Pool Bar - Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Captain’s Grille - Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Citricos - Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Crew’s Cup Lounge - Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
ESPN Club - Disney’s Boardwalk
Laguna Bar - Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Mizner’s Lounge - Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Narcoossee’s - Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
The Wave …of American Flavors - Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Top of the World Lounge - Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Whispering Canyon Café - Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Yachtman Steakhouse - Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Happy Drinking! :smokin:

I finally was able to try the grapefruit beer at Sommerfest two weeks ago. It was really good. But this was during Flower & Garden Festival, so I don't know if it is offered all the time.

Any reason you're just directing this at "dads" :)

WDW has tons of great beers to try now, especially in Epcot. My brother is a master brewer, DH is English, and I'm very picky. So between the 3 of us last time we tried a lot of different beers, and not one of them was Bud!

I was excited to see a lot of my faves like Ommegang and Southern Tier. I remember most of the beers we tried as we kept notes...because we're a bit lame like that. I love stouts and wheat beers mostly.

But we did on the last trip was there were 4 adults and we would each pick a different beer and then do a "tasting" between the 4. So we actually tried a lot more than what is below, but they were my fave.

I liked:
Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat (Epcot)
Ommegang Three Philosophers (Citricos)
Ommegang Hennepin Saison (Raglan Road DTD)
Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (50's Prime Time)
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (Don't remember)
Southern Tier IPA (Don't remember)
Stone Arrogant ******* Ale (Raglan Road)
Terrapin Hopsecutioner (Raglan Road)
Young’s Double Chocolate Stout (Raglan Road)

Any reason you're just directing this at "dads" :)

Because,

FatherKnowsBest_S2.jpg

Say what you will, I knew I came to the right place...

Beers and Ears is going to provide me with MANY hours of time-wasting...er...research. Thanks so much!!
I am so excited to see all these options and now I have even more cause for another adult trip.

When I went for Food & Wine, it was much hotter than I expected and kind of killed the urge to drink. Yes, I know, right?? That should tell you how hot it really was. I had been so stoked to try enough to land me in the hospital and just couldn't do it.

Say what you will, I knew I came to the right place...

Beers and Ears is going to provide me with MANY hours of time-wasting...er...research. Thanks so much!!
I am so excited to see all these options and now I have even more cause for another adult trip.

When I went for Food & Wine, it was much hotter than I expected and kind of killed the urge to drink. Yes, I know, right?? That should tell you how hot it really was. I had been so stoked to try enough to land me in the hospital and just couldn't do it.
I wasted about 45 minutes going through that list yesterday. It's too bad they don't have an app for android. I did bookmark the page though. ::yes::

Hovels is by far my favorite beer at WDW. Used to be able to get it at the kiosks in Germany, but lately it has only been available at Beirgarten restaurant. If you eat there, be sure to try it if you like a smooth dark beer. Hopefully they will bring it back out for food and wine.

The beers in Disney have really improved and is always a highlight of my trip. That being said, the biggest disappointment is the poor selection in England. A country that is know for pubs and great beer has the worst selection in England. I really think they could do a lot to improve upon the Guinness, Bass and Harp selection they have there! Where can I complain to Disney about this?

Hovels is by far my favorite beer at WDW. Used to be able to get it at the kiosks in Germany, but lately it has only been available at Beirgarten restaurant. If you eat there, be sure to try it if you like a smooth dark beer. Hopefully they will bring it back out for food and wine.

I've got an ADR for Biergarten in a couple weeks. I plan on getting the full liter. Is the Hovels heavy? I was planning on getting the Pils just because that is a lot of beer and sausage, and I want to be able to move afterward.

I've got an ADR for Biergarten in a couple weeks. I plan on getting the full liter. Is the Hovels heavy? I was planning on getting the Pils just because that is a lot of beer and sausage, and I want to be able to move afterward.

Hovels is not a very heavy beer IMO.

I just had a liter of it last week with my Biergarten lunch....it was wonderful!!

I was disappointed to find out that Hovels is no longer available at the Trinken cart out in front of the Germany pavilion. This just means that it'll be a requirement for me to have a Biergarten ADR on every trip - just so I can have a Hovels!

:thumbsup2

Hovels is not a very heavy beer IMO.

I just had a liter of it last week with my Biergarten lunch....it was wonderful!!

I was disappointed to find out that Hovels is no longer available at the Trinken cart out in front of the Germany pavilion. This just means that it'll be a requirement for me to have a Biergarten ADR on every trip - just so I can have a Hovels!

:thumbsup2

I agree completely! I don't understand why they can't sell it at the Sommerfest kiosk right outside of Biergarten.

Happy to find this thread. Hope it's not dead!
I'm staying at CBR in July. Looks like I will find some decent beer in DW.
But I'd like to bring in a personal supply for my room. Where's the nearest retail shop with a good Cigar City selection? I'll have a car and plan to do some grocery/beer shopping the first day.

glad i found this.. Great information...

I will be installing that app..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter