Beer Mug

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by firstcruise2012, Sep 2, 2013.

1. firstcruise2012

firstcruise2012 Earning My Ears

We bought the beer mug on our last cruise.
    Do I need to bring the mug back on our cruise in Feb 2014? Or will I have to buy another mug.

2. L8blumr2

L8blumr2 Mouseketeer

You can bring the mug back or you can buy a new one. If you decide to buy a new one, you can keep the one at home for a souvenir and then use the token system on future cruises so that you don't have to transport it back and forth.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. dmccarty

dmccarty DIS Veteran

What is special about the beer mug? Do you get free refills? :drinking1

Thanks,
    Dan

5. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

Not free -- wouldn't that be great?? The mug is (supposedly) 22 oz, and you get refills for the 16 oz price. I actually checked when I got home, and the mug holds closer to 20 oz. So it's not a great "deal," but it is a fun souvenir!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. dmccarty

dmccarty DIS Veteran

The mug looks like the Food and Wine mugs. I use them all of the time at home. :) Guess, if we manage to get on a cruise one day, I will have to get a DCL beer mug. :lmao:

Thanks,
    Dan

7. byejou

byejou Mouseketeer

We bring the mug back and forth, never heard of the token system!!!!

8. chindog

chindog Earning My Ears

Do you have to order the mugs before the cruise, or can you get them once on board?

9. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

You can buy them onboard at any of the bars. The disadvantage to ordering ahead is that the mug(s) will be waiting for you in your stateroom... at about 1:30. If you want to have a beer before then, you're better off waiting and buying one onboard. On the new ships, Currents on deck 13 forward is a great place to pick one up after you board.