Beer mug question

Lcarb

Lover of ALL things Disney
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was just making my list of items to pre order from the In-Room Gifts options at DCL site. I noticed the refillable beer mug listed. Is there any advantage or, more importantly, disadvantage to not waiting to buy it with beer at one of the bars?
TIA

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-02-25-17-42-36.png
    SmartSelectImage_2017-02-25-17-42-36.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 8
I don't think there is an advantage to pre-buying it. We bought our 1st ones in the MDR lunch on sail away day. I mean, you might as well get the 1st one full, not empty, right???

I don't think there is an advantage to pre-buying it. We bought our 1st ones in the MDR lunch on sail away day. I mean, you might as well get the 1st one full, not empty, right???
Definitely full is better! I think I was hoping to be able to have a full mug of beer waiting for us in our room on embarkation day!:teeth:
Thanks!

Last edited:
We bought ours ahead of time and they were waiting in our room on embarkation day (empty unfortunately) and the problem was we couldn't go into the room to get it until 1:30pm...
The interesting thing was that we paid $14.95 for the mug ahead of time and it was $16.95 at the bars onboard the Magic.(May 2014)
Then 6 months later we sailed on the Fantasy and they were $14.95... :confused3
If the price is the same then you don't really need to pre-order them, unless you prefer to pre-pay.

I wonder if they were less expensive as a pre-order b/c there was not a drink included? But I'd wait until that day to get it on boar for the reason mentioned above. If you can't get to your cabin for a few hours and you want a beer you can't use it. I also like to buy from the staff rather than online.

We're not sure about the mugs. When you're up on the deck in the sun, it gets warm easily. Going to take our Walmart Yeti's next cruise and that should help. Bought one 3 cruises ago, keep taking it back, so getting our money's worth. It's real good to get it filled and take to a show though, cool enough in there.

We've purchased the Beer mugs a few times because one, they are awesome mugs and second, we are collecting them for our kids so when they get older, we can give the extra mugs to them....just incase Disney decides to stop making them.

Just wait and purchase once you're onboard. You can get it earlier than having to wait until your room is ready, AND its the mug is chilled and filled with beer....Mmmmmmmmm :teeth:

Just booked our first cruise and you are the first post I'm reading in this forum. What is the Beer Mug?

Just booked our first cruise and you are the first post I'm reading in this forum. What is the Beer Mug?
Welcome. This beer mug is an item you can purchase on board. With it you can get refills for same price as a regular (smaller) beer.

The initial cost is $15ish for the 20oz.ish mug. Each time you fill it, including the 1st time, it costs $6-$9 depending on the beer that you choose. Instead of carrying an empty, dirty mug around the ship (or even home and back on future cruise), you can exchange your mug for a token/card from the bartender.

We carry on beer to drink in our stateroom, but get the mug in bars, clubs and dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter