Beer at MCO/Hyatt

Heart82381

Mouseketeer
We are flying into MCO and staying at the Hyatt the day before our cruise. We want to take beer on board with us but aren't sure if there is anywhere to buy it. Can anyone help or offer suggestions? We have two adults, which means we can bring a six pack each, right?

We stayed at the Hyatt and you can take an Uber (if you have the app), or the valet will arrange for a car service. We needed liquor, this was before the change in policy, so we went to a liquor store about 20 minutes away.

I was wondering this myself for my upcoming cruise with my SO. Could Garden Grocer deliver beer to the Hyatt? Anyone have experience with alcohol deliveries with GG? Are they allowed?

I was wondering this myself for my upcoming cruise with my SO. Could Garden Grocer deliver beer to the Hyatt? Anyone have experience with alcohol deliveries with GG? Are they allowed?
I was wondering the same thing. We want Corona cans and GG did not have them listed. We will most likely use Uber unless someone can provide a better alternative.

You can also by beer when it port if you need to replenish! Bought 6 packs in Nassau and in San Juan. Someone also told me there is local bus route that stops at MCO, might take to long for a beer run. Are you taking a private shuttle to the port? They often do a quick beer stop.

Jumping on this thread, What are the rules about bringing items on board. Beer, rum, bottle water?

One, six pack of beer (12 ounce bottles) or 2 bottles of wine (750 mL) per adult, per port, for consumption in your stateroom. No hard liquor. It will be held until the end of the cruise, which is helpful if you want to buy some local alcohol at a port and bring it home.

Water/soda/juice etc., bring as much as you want in your carry on bags, but be prepared for them to take it out and look at it, and be prepared to carry it around the ship until the staterooms open around 1:30.

Just wondering if those that took a car service/taxi/uber from the Hyatt to the liquor store found that once you added the cost of the ride to the cost of the purchase you still came out ahead vs paying shipboard prices.

You can request items from garden grocer that are not on the shopping list. They definitely deliver to the Hyatt. We got it delivered there before our last cruise.

One, six pack of beer (12 ounce bottles) or 2 bottles of wine (750 mL) per adult, per port, for consumption in your stateroom. No hard liquor. It will be held until the end of the cruise, which is helpful if you want to buy some local alcohol at a port and bring it home.

Water/soda/juice etc., bring as much as you want in your carry on bags, but be prepared for them to take it out and look at it, and be prepared to carry it around the ship until the staterooms open around 1:30.

Just confrming...water/soda has to be in carry-on, too, not just the alcohol?

We are also staying at the Hyatt the night before our cruise but are planning to buy our local micro brews at home and pack it in our checked luggage for the flight, then transfer to our carry-on for the cruise.

Just wondering if those that took a car service/taxi/uber from the Hyatt to the liquor store found that once you added the cost of the ride to the cost of the purchase you still came out ahead vs paying shipboard prices.
With the new policy I can't imagine the savings on 12 beers(with 2 adults) would justify the cost in time & money to leave the airport & find a liquor store. But that's just me. And I'm someone who goes thru the hassle of getting my Target Red card 5% discount on DGCs

Yes, you can order beer and/or wine, water, other beverages and packaged snacks, etc... from Garden Grocer for delivery to the HYATT. We have done this in the past. Garden Grocer requires a minimum $40 order with a $14 delivery fee. They have a decent selection of beer and a small variety of wine available. Check out their website. You will need to forward a copy of your drivers license to prove you are over 21.

With the new policy I can't imagine the savings on 12 beers(with 2 adults) would justify the cost in time & money to leave the airport & find a liquor store. But that's just me. And I'm someone who goes thru the hassle of getting my Target Red card 5% discount on DGCs

I agree, if it isn't accessible without paying for a cab, I would just wait and grab a sixer in port :)

Depends on what kind of beer you're bringing. I bring beer that's well over the normal 3-5% alcohol of shipboard beers. Last cruise I brought a sixer of 18% beer. Those beers easily go for $9 a piece at the store and significantly higher at restaurants/bars. Now, the price of something like the aforementioned Corona cans, after the cost of a to-and-fro Uber, would probably be more than just ordering a couple of six packs from Disney to be placed in your room, I would imagine.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Uber can pick up at MCO, they can only drop off.

How do they 'police' the alcohol that is purchased at ports?

Are you asking how they keep more than the allowed amounts brought on board? They 'police' it at the security check as you are reboarding the ship. All bags are sent through a scanner. Any hard liquor or beer/wine in excess of the allowed amounts is taken for storage until the last morning.

DH and I were considering bringing a bottle of wine each at the time of departure.
At the first port -- I could pick up another for onboard consumption?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!