been there, Done that, Going back! day 13- SeaWorld

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Day 13
Tuesday 26th May 2009 – Seaworld

Cast
Me (Nicky)-34 -The sensible one lol Magic Kingdom fan, love the water rides, doesn’t like the simulation rides.
Matt-37 Major Star Wars fan-loves DHS, likes simulation rides.
Luke-9 huge Star wars fan-Loves DHS and water rides

Well we had originally planned to do Seaworld towards the start of the holiday but decided to Do it nearer the end Due to having no ADR booked tonight. Matt had read about the Shark underwater Grill and wanted to try to eat dinner there. Also we knew Manta opened properly a few days before today, so thought we’d like to try that.
Breakfast was the usual Contempo café; it really is nice, esp the ham, egg and cheese
Sandwiches.
2213.jpg

We got a cab to Seaworld, when we got there took a little while to change the Virgin vouchers for tickets. When we got in we decided to look in the shops.
It was a very hot day again so lots of suntan. It did feel like one of the hottest days of our holiday. It was v v v hot! We were expecting rain later though.
We first headed to Manta but the queues for it were over 80mins, we thought we’d try later.

4698_101243023816_468642_n.jpg

4698_101243038816_4816139_n.jpg

4698_101243043816_1138402_n.jpg

So we saw the Sting Ray Fish

4698_101243048816_3101414_n.jpg

The Dolphins were next, now I thought this park was a lot busier than I remember. They’ve changed the layout of the dolphin area, which I didn’t like. Most of the outside dolphin area was fenced off. Only those that brought food were allowed into this area. So we only had a small area to view them, then didn’t really see them as they stayed in the other area near the food.
So we went to the underwater area and saw them there.

4698_101243058816_930909_n.jpg

4698_101243088816_3507109_n.jpg

We then went to the Manatee rescue and saw the Alligators after.

4698_101243103816_6403287_n.jpg

4698_101243113816_5795771_n.jpg

There was a Shamu Show starting soon so we decided to head to that.
The Shamu show was called believe, it wasn’t until after we sat down we realised we had great seats. I love this show and could watch it again and again.
4698_101243143816_3830524_n.jpg

4698_101243148816_5483023_n.jpg

4698_101243163816_7834049_n.jpg

4698_101243193816_584443_n.jpg

4698_101243238816_1170553_n.jpg

Lunch was at mango Joe’s café, we all got a kids meal with chicken and chips. I like the kid’s meals at Seaworld as they come in a Seaworld themed lunch box and cup.
We saw the Sealion and otter show after. This is always great to watch and funny.
4698_101243278816_5562791_n.jpg

4698_101243283816_3988433_n.jpg

We then watched the Blue horizons show at the whale and dolphin centre.
The show was ok but the disabled seats we were directed to were in a really strange place. They were behind a fence and no one had a good view. It wasn’t until just before the show started, we saw others but as we were now blocked in we couldn’t move.
From what I saw the show was good and well worth seeing.

After this we did Journey To Atlantis
4698_101243123816_2416838_n.jpg

Since getting very soaked at Islands Of Adventure, Luke was now disappointed at water rides when we only got a bit wet.
It started raining after this, but only very slightly. So I was surprised that they closed the ride as we got off. We got some frosted Cola as although it was just starting to rain we were all very hot.
We then walked through the penguin encounter and then saw the sharks and the Shark encounter.
4698_101243303816_5860032_n.jpg

while we were inside doing these it had now started raining very heavily, everyone came inside and just sat on the floor. Making it hard for us (not scared of a bit of water) to get about. They blocked the corridors and doorways, after about a million excuse me’s and a few squashed toes lol
We headed to the exit and shops, as it was nearly time to catch the coach.
We decided earlier on that we wouldnt be staying for dinner here as we wanted to try to get to see fantasmic tonight, hopefully the rain will stop a bit.
We noticed mantra was closed due to the rain, so did some shopping and then waited for the coach. It took well over an hour to get back to the hotel, after all the stops.
After changing and showering we headed to the Contempo café for dinner. The food was great yet again. Matt the same as the other evening- chicken pasta. Luke had pizza again and I went for a burger.
Tonight was the last night that we would get a chance to see Fantasmic.
It was nearly 9pm so would have to go to the 10.30pm showing.
The weather? Well it was raining really hard, I’m sure there was a bit of thunder and lightening too. So we all decided that we would have to definitely miss it this holiday.
It’s a shame as we all enjoyed it last holiday, but we didn’t want to go and get wet only for it to be cancelled. I’m sure we’ll get to see it in the future............................................:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Another great report - shem you missed Fantasmic but it does give you a reason to go back soon. Loved the Shamu pics:thumbsup2

Tina

I love Seaworld.

Such a shame you missed Fantasmic.

Another great day...I loved Sea World as a kid...just one question is the mime still there at the Sealion show? I remember laughing so much at that bloke...made all the funnier as my brother just didn't find it funnny at all :)

Lovely photos from Sea World - I love it there! My favourite photo was the one of the penguins...so cute!:goodvibes

We were at Seaworld on the same day as you:thumbsup2 Rode Manta first thing and it was fantastic - came off the ride and the line was for 60 minutes:eek:

manta looks great !!

i know it looks fab.

Another great report - shame you missed Fantasmic but it does give you a reason to go back soon. Loved the Shamu pics:thumbsup2
Tina
thanks, great idea ;)

Another great day...I loved Sea World as a kid...just one question is the mime still there at the Sealion show? I remember laughing so much at that bloke...made all the funnier as my brother just didn't find it funnny at all :)
No the mime wasnt there :)
We were at Seaworld on the same day as you:thumbsup2 Rode Manta first thing and it was fantastic - came off the ride and the line was for 60 minutes:eek:

wow spooky, we were there 1st thing too. though by the time we got in and looked round the shops the queue was massive. we were hoping later on itd be ok as people always head to the fast rides first. Shame they closed it due to the rain.
will have to try it next time.xx

What fantastic pics,you got great seats for the Believe show-i know it's a bit of a cheese fest-but it was very good.
Hubby can't wait to try Manta :cool1:.
The mime act was there when we went at Easter+we still found him so funny :lmao:.x.

We have never been to see the sealions at Seaworld but after reading this and some other TRs it sounds like we must make the effort next time.
Another great TR. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter