Been on the wonder recently?

sorceressk

Mouseketeer
How she doing? It's been 9 years since I've sailed on the wonder and am returning in may. I know she's up for a dry dock next year so I'm worried she's a bit run down? Thoughts?

How she doing? It's been 9 years since I've sailed on the wonder and am returning in may. I know she's up for a dry dock next year so I'm worried she's a bit run down? Thoughts?

While not real recent, we were on her in Oct & Dec 2011 and Oct 2012. I think she looked fine.

They do daily maintenance on the ships that keep things really in shape (at least visually, anyway).

Was forced to leave last Saturday after 9 amazing days on board. The ship is beautiful as always! The public areas are in good shape and the maintenance teams were out in full force painting, staining, washing etc. the only place we noticed much wear and tear was in our stateroom, 8044. There were some dents in the walls, our lampshade were cracked (but repaired) and our verandah had some rust. Our room wasn't run down by any means, and I think the only way to fix some of the issues we saw would be in dry dock.
Don't worry- you'll be in such a food induced coma you won't notice a thing :)

The Wonder is looking beautiful, I sailed on February 21 and had a great time, my only complain is the picture on the door was so thick that my magnets kept falling off LOL, the stateroom (5628) was impeccable and everything in working order. I'm sure you will have lots of fun

I agree that the cabins are in need of a remodel. The beds are saggy and there are cracked tiles in the bathrooms, plus just old things like the lamps, tables (coffee table broken). The doors are thick with paint and there is at least a 1" gap at the bottom so you can hear the noise from the hallway.

Still a great place to spend a week or two.

Nancy

I was on the Wonder in August. Seemed like in great condition to me. I saw maintenance workers fixing the deck boards by the pool. I'm sure they don't just things go until the drydock.

the only thing I noticed is rust in the bathroom, everything else was in perfect order.

Agreed! Just off a week ago and thought everything looked fantastic!

Some rust on the lower part of the interior of the bathroom door...but nothing that detracted from the beauty and comfort of the ship or the stateroom.

Great news!

Thanks everyone! We would have a great time regardless but it's good to hear the wonder is still wonderful!

We just sailed her for 9 nights on 2/16 & 2/21. We were in cabin 7120. The ship is beautiful. Only wear we saw was rust on the balcony and the aging bathroom. The bathroom was is great shape though (ESP compared to our cabin on the magic last August). We didn hear noise in the hall though and our fridge didn't stay cold at all. Public areas were in excellent shape.

Was just on the Feb 21 sailing and she was beautiful. (but i'm biased - I love this ship!) Hadn't been on that ship in 4 years and everything looked just as nice as ever.

We were in the Walt Disney Suite and the sofa had a big stain on it but other than that the room was in great shape. Didn't see any rust. Room looked brand new!

hardingk said:
our fridge didn't stay cold at all.

That's because it was a cooling box, not a fridge. You would need to put ice in it to make it cold like a fridge.

Were on the Wonder in January - she's in really good shape. Lived in, loved lots and has experience. The Dream and Fantasy fine if you want fancy and new, but the Classic ships are just that - Classic!! (80 nights on the classic ships, 10 on the new ones - so yes I am biased!)

The crew was fantastic. Everything pretty clean and in working order. Considering she's been out at sea for going on 14 years, its pretty amazing.

Just when does the Wonder go in for dry dock in 2014?

Just rumor at this point, but her last cruise on the DCL site is Oct 6. The next information posted here was a pamphlet someone received on a cruise for future bookings, showing a Nov 15th date for her.

RweTHEREyet said:
Just when does the Wonder go in for dry dock in 2014?

I don't think there's been an announcement but looks like November based on what cruises are available online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter