Been a few years, help me remember please!

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
After several years of absolutely awful luck, my DH and I are finally able to do another Disney Cruise.

It feels like it's been forever, and I really forget SO much about cruising. Looking for a memory boost!

On the website, it says onboard at 3:45. What time should we arrive at port (we're using our own car)?

I believe we can bring some alcohol if we pack in into our carry-on bags, yes?

If memory serves (and it normally doesn't), the rooms are typically ready around 1:30....is this right?

Any other "refreshers" would be immensely appreciated. THANKS

After several years of absolutely awful luck, my DH and I are finally able to do another Disney Cruise.

It feels like it's been forever, and I really forget SO much about cruising. Looking for a memory boost!

On the website, it says onboard at 3:45. What time should we arrive at port (we're using our own car)?

I believe we can bring some alcohol if we pack in into our carry-on bags, yes?

If memory serves (and it normally doesn't), the rooms are typically ready around 1:30....is this right?

Any other "refreshers" would be immensely appreciated. THANKS
I'm happy to hear your luck is turning around.

At 90 days before your cruise, you'll need to do your online check-in which you'll be given a port arrival time, PAT, that is the time you can arrive st the port.

Alcohol is more limited now and each of you can board with 2, 750ml bottles of wine or a six pack of beer. You may also bring those same amounts at each port, and yes, they need to be brought on board in your carry on bag.

Rooms typically are ready at 1:30.

Remember to relax and have fun, and above all, shut off your phones and have no contact with the outside world, including social media.

Can you choose your port arrival time if you want to get on the ship as early as possible?

You can choose a slot based on availability so it may be that the early slots are already gone it just depends on the cruise

Can you choose your port arrival time if you want to get on the ship as early as possible?

Platinum and Gold Members get to do online check in earlier than Silver and First Time Cruisers. Even so, if you chose the earliest PAT possible you are generally onboard the ship by 12:00.

Ok, I was curious becuase our last 2 cruises we had later times and wished we could get on the ship earlier.

I've been there with the awful luck! Glad you could come back from it!! You can choose your port arrival time, they have half hour windows available for you to choose from. As for alcohol, they changed the policy. Now it's 6 beers per person or 2 bottles of wine carried on per person. You'll board the ship and go straight to lunch then your stateroom should be ready :)

What kind of cruise are you going on? I mean is it Star Wars or Marvel? Something special? I ask because you might want to pack special costumes or accessories. Also don't forget pirate gear. Also check disneycruiselineblog.com for the latest menus of the restaurants. And several of those restaurants are new. Have so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts