Bedwetter

Jesslm80

Mouseketeer
My 8 year old still wets the bed. Yes we've tried EVERYTHING and he will not wear a pull up. We are planning on bringing disposable accident pads but they don't work 100%. Do the beds have waterproof mattress pads?
I don't want to ruin their mattresses.

Thanks.

have you seen the new good night they have now? Its basically a pair of underwear with an insert. Maybe he will wear that. I make my bed wetter wear a good night pull up if we go somewhere. Since we are going to Disney i told him he had to wear them and when buying them I saw the new ones they have.

My 8 year old still wets the bed. Yes we've tried EVERYTHING and he will not wear a pull up. We are planning on bringing disposable accident pads but they don't work 100%. Do the beds have waterproof mattress pads?

Thanks.
Tell your room stewart and he can put a plastic cover on the bed.
My daughter wet the bed one night (way too much soda). We called and they came and changed the bed in the middle of the night.

The mattress on the pull out beds has a water resistant cover - which we were delighted to discover after 5 yr old had an accident. I'm sure they would prefer to put the pad on the bed, and I expect they would also provide an extra set of sheets.

The other thing you can consider is using re-usable pads. You can get them at the medical supply store or probably elsewhere. The pads come in different sizes. We have a bunch and if you message me I can probably send you one.

Thanks.

So, my son also was a late bloomer for bed-wetting 8-9 years old). We used an alarm system that I bought on amazon and it helped, but honestly he just needed his bladder to mature. As for not wanting to wear pull-ups, I can also relate. My son said they were too bulky and uncomfortable.
I did buy the good nite underwear (that you place a pad into the underwear) last fall for him because he went on an overnight school trip and I was not there as a chaperone. I asked him- what will you do if you have an accident in your sleeping bag? I won't be there to help you clean it, keep the other kids from finding out, etc. (when he is EXHAUSTED he just does NOT wake up and will be wet).

Anyway, he wore the good nite underwear and no one could tell, and he said they were just a tiny bit bulkier than regular underwear! BTW, he didn't have an accident while he was there, but he did the first night home afterwards!

I also have washable waterproof pads that I still keep on the beds under the sheet, above the mattress pad-just in case! Those protect the mattress pad a lot of the time, but they get moved around, too!
Good luck!

I feel your pain. My oldest wet the bed until 9 1/2, and nothing, and I mean we tried EVERYTHING, nothing worked. His body just had to grow and mature to a point, and one night he didn't wet, and never did again.

But for travel, a good nites type pull on pants were not an option. We called them nighttime underwear and if he wanted to go on vacation he had to wear them. I probably would insist on it for your child just for the trip. Plus request the mattress cover for the bed just in case.

If it really is going to be a huge battle, I'd order a brolly sheet, put it on yourself, and wash yourself as needed. They are the best at containing accidents, IMO. http://www.brollysheetsusa.com/ I still keep them on the kids' beds at home, really great if they wake up with a stomach bug, etc!

I hate to hijack the thread, but do you really recommend these? Are they crinkly/do they bunch up? I still use a pad for my son because as I mentioned he isn't past having an accident in the middle of the day while watching TV, plus he's a puker. He co sleeps in my bed so that means I have to sleep on the thing too. I forgot to turn the dryer down and melted the one we had soooo I'm in the market for a new one.

No, they are not crinkly. And they tuck under the mattress to hold in place. Occasionally it'll come untucked and bunch, but it's easy to fix.

Possibly talk to your doctor. Our doctor gave us medicine that my children would take before bed. It was a tiny pill. This allowed them to do sleepovers and scout camping without being embarrassed until their bladder matured and their mind started to receive messages to get up if they needed to go. Even if you don't want to do it long term, you might want to consider doing it a few days before the cruise and during the cruise. Have a great cruise.

We had the same problem with our 6 year old until recently. We purchased a Chummie bed wetting alarm on Amazon. I was very skeptical but within two weeks he didn't have to wear it anymore and wakes up whenever he has to pee. It was a great investment for us!

Thank you for the Good Nite underwear suggestions! I had no idea those existed. I bought some yesterday and my son wore it last night, he said it wasn't uncomfortable! Thank you!!!!

Thank you for the Good Nite underwear suggestions! I had no idea those existed. I bought some yesterday and my son wore it last night, he said it wasn't uncomfortable! Thank you!!!!

I am so glad he is comfortable with them! One less thing to worry about:)
Have a great cruise!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter