Bedding question

DVC SSR Owner

DIS Veteran
Do you ever wash the bedspreads when you stay at DVC resorts with a w/d? Just curious. Have seen the show with the black light and wondering how often housekeeping washes them. Can you just put them in on the gentle cycle?

Do you ever wash the bedspreads when you stay at DVC resorts with a w/d? Just curious. Have seen the show with the black light and wondering how often housekeeping washes them. Can you just put them in on the gentle cycle?

I would NEVER do that. For one thing, the washers in the villas are not extra heavy capacity, so you would likely break the washer if you put a king sized spread in it. For another, it might ruin the spread. If you are worried about it, just take the spread off the bed and stick it in the closet while you are there. I usually just fold it down at the foot of the bed.:confused3

I would NEVER do that. For one thing, the washers in the villas are not extra heavy capacity, so you would likely break the washer if you put a king sized spread in it. For another, it might ruin the spread. If you are worried about it, just take the spread off the bed and stick it in the closet while you are there. I usually just fold it down at the foot of the bed.:confused3

Exactly what Diane says. Don't think about washing the bedspreads or blankets. Just ask for a clean one if you are paranoid about someone else's dirt.

They commercial clean them about once a month unless needed before then. They are not machine washable and as others said would never fit in the washers and dryers in the units.

I actually never use the bedspreads. Once we get in the room and wipe everything down that we can ;) we remove the bedspread. We call down to housekeeping and request 2 clean king-sized bed sheets. With those sheets we fashion a sort of duvet cover around the blankets and that keeps a worry-wort (about cleanliness) like me reasonably appeased about sleeping in a well-used bed.

Terri

No matter where we stay be it Disney or a Marriott, the first thing I do is pull off the bedspread and put it in the closet or out of the way somewhere. I would NEVER use a bedspread at a hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter