Bed Bath Beyond sells pre-measured laundry detergent!!

joellyn23

Mouseketeer
I saw it in their ad and remembered seeing posts on it here (I've searched high and low for Wisk tablets recently but haven't found them recently).

I thought I'd let everyone know about these packets. They are liquid pods that dissolve in the washer (They are called Dropps)

15 pack is $9.99
20 pack is $12.99

it looks like you can get them both at B&M store and on line.

Hope this helps someone!!

(Just googled them and you can also get them at other places, including Amazon)

Walmart has a few different types of detergent in their travel toiletries section. I got a couple of travel-sized All Small N Mighty - 2 loads in a bottle for $0.99.

I saw those in their circular the other day. I meant to post about it, but I forgot.

I've also found a three pack of oxi-clean laundry detergent at the Dollar store (Dollar Tree). IMO, $15 for 10 loads is not a good deal....

...I just bought a huge box of Tide with a touch of Downy (all in one, convenient) powder and plan on measuring 4 loads worth of detergent into a lock n' lock (storage container) to take along. The powder is less messy than the liquid, less chance of leaking, etc. and that way you still have the huge box to use at home. Just a thought/alternative because the "travel-sized" items are often overpriced or hard to find. :flower3:

Dropps are fabulous!!!!!!!! They are super eco friendly. They come in a dissolvable pouch that you just toss in the washer. Because they have no enzymes or phosphates there is no need for a softener of any kind. Just make sure to keep them in a container or a baggie in case one happens to pop open. I use these at home as well as for travel.

I usually check out a few freebie site everyday and they usually have free samples of detergent. I have about 25 - 30 samples that each do one load and also, I have gotten fabric softner also. You can also go to walmart.com/samples(not sure if thats the right thing but you can search it or let me know and I will get the right website) and they had gain on there the other day. I usually order one to my house and one to my dads.

I usually check out a few freebie site everyday and they usually have free samples of detergent. I have about 25 - 30 samples that each do one load and also, I have gotten fabric softner also. You can also go to walmart.com/samples(not sure if thats the right thing but you can search it or let me know and I will get the right website) and they had gain on there the other day. I usually order one to my house and one to my dads.

Thanks for this! What a great idea!!

You know, I read somewhere that you can use dish soap for your laundry, and you use less of it because dish soap is foamier.

One tip - I would try any new detergent at home first. You never know if someone is going to have a reaction to it & break out in hives. We've had that problem, luckily while at home & not on vaca.

I think the above mentioned prices are rather high(IMHO).

Why not pre-measure and put the detergent into snack sized baggies? That is what I do and it works great. :thumbsup2 I then place my dryer sheets in a separate baggie and place them all together in a larger (qt) size.

One more tip...
I bring a stain stick and each evening I treat each stain/spill from the day. Even if I do not get the laundry done while at WDW, when I return home I know all of the stains have already been pretreated. Makes all that laundry a (tiny:rolleyes: ) bit easier.

TTFN
Darlene

I think the above mentioned prices are rather high(IMHO).

Why not pre-measure and put the detergent into snack sized baggies? That is what I do and it works great. :thumbsup2 I then place my dryer sheets in a separate baggie and place them all together in a larger (qt) size.

One more tip...
I bring a stain stick and each evening I treat each stain/spill from the day. Even if I do not get the laundry done while at WDW, when I return home I know all of the stains have already been pretreated. Makes all that laundry a (tiny:rolleyes: ) bit easier.

TTFN
Darlene
After my Wisk tablets ran out and I couldn't find anything in the stores, I ended up doing this for my trip this past April. I will absolutely do it again. In fact, I think I just finished the big box of powdered laundry detergent that I bought for this reason (I usually use liquid at home).

I always bring a stain stick, but never seem to get around to using one - although it's a really good idea.

Thanks!

You could also sign up for Tide's newsletter and periodically they'll send you an email for you to get a sample of one of their detergents.

Fabric softener can be found at the local Dollar Tree (if you have one near you!). If the strong smell of them bother you, tie them into a plastic bag and haul in the trunk. Or other enclosed space other than in the car with you.

I saw it in their ad and remembered seeing posts on it here (I've searched high and low for Wisk tablets recently but haven't found them recently).

I thought I'd let everyone know about these packets. They are liquid pods that dissolve in the washer (They are called Dropps)

15 pack is $9.99
20 pack is $12.99

it looks like you can get them both at B&M store and on line.

Hope this helps someone!!

(Just googled them and you can also get them at other places, including Amazon)

I bought the Dropps today at Walmart /6.49 for a box of 20. I was shocked to see them there on the top shelf. I double checked my receipt, just to make sure...

All the info on the premeasured detergent was great, but no one mentioned my favorite vacation laundry tip. SHOUT makes a product called a "color catcher" that I NEVER travel without. It looks like a dryer sheet, only you put it in the washer with your clothes. It 'catches' any die that bleeds from any garment. To me, it's an absolute must on vacation! No worries about turning all your whites pink from the one red sock that slipped by!

All the info on the premeasured detergent was great, but no one mentioned my favorite vacation laundry tip. Shout makes a product called a "color catcher" that I NEVER travel without. It looks like a dryer sheet, only you put it in the washer with your clothes. It 'catches' any die that bleeds from any garment. To me, it's an absolute must on vacation! No worries about turning all your whites pink!

...I just bought a huge box of Tide with a touch of Downy (all in one, convenient) powder and plan on measuring 4 loads worth of detergent into a lock n' lock (storage container) to take along. The powder is less messy than the liquid, less chance of leaking, etc. and that way you still have the huge box to use at home. Just a thought/alternative because the "travel-sized" items are often overpriced or hard to find. :flower3:

I'm with you. I buy powdered Tide at Costco to save money, and just use sandwich-sized ziplocs, so that I can pre-measure it. Don't forget to throw a couple of fabric-softener sheets into your suitcase!

YES!!!! Love the Shout color catchers--esp if you buy a new shirt that you want to wash during the trip--it might bleed, or if you just have a small load and want to wash light/dark together.
AND I second the powdered detergent in snack sized bags--they hold the exact amt for a load.
I always bring a roll of quarters, it's always my luck that the change machine is out of order!!

I just found small sample bottles of "ALL" at Walmart for $1.27 per bottle. Each bottle does 2 loads. They were in the aisle with the sample products.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!