Beaver Tails

snortymom

Mouseketeer
Hi.

I've seen mention of Beaver Tails pastries being available at Disney World. Can anyone tell me where??

They used to be available at Epcot in Canada, but they are no longer sold there. I miss the beaver tails!

Makes sense that they'd be found in the Canadian pavilion. :)

We love them, but can get them 'at home', so it's not a big deal.

Thanks for replying Pixiedust.

I was excited on New year's Eve to see that Beaver Tails window open at Canada, but alas, they were just selling beer. Bring them back!

I was excited on New year's Eve to see that Beaver Tails window open at Canada, but alas, they were just selling beer. Bring them back!

Maybe they could sell Beaver Tails with the beers! Think about it.......You could have a Beaver Tail and a Moosehead while watching Off Kilter. Life would be good. :goodvibes

That's the way it used to be. I think it's been at least 2 years since BeaverTails was open.

That's the way it used to be. I think it's been at least 2 years since BeaverTails was open.

Yeah, and for awhile before that they went from awesome to awful. That was the problem. The "story" that makes the rounds is that WDW changed suppliers for their Beaver Tails, at least partially because the Tails were cheaper, and because the vendor had a different prep method that was less complicated and also less expensive (there were also reports that the original vendor wasn't extremely reliable on supply). They were also less tasty (a LOT less). Sales dropped off because they were not nearly as good...and eventually they just shuttered the place. I think it, as has been reported, gets opened to sell beer during very busy times at Epcot and during F&W.

People have, on and off, contacted WDW about the Tails and the get a stock answer about not being able to find a "reliable supply" of them.

The real truth of the matter is that Disney caved in to PETA's complaints about the maiming and maltreatment of beavers.

Oh, now I'm very sad. I haven't been to WDW in a few years but one of my "must dos" on my upcoming trip was going to be to have a beaver tail. Oh well...

Drat!! My husband mentioned that they were closed on our last trip (a couple of years ago) and I didn't remember that. I came here to do a search to see what I could find out for our trip next week and now I am heartbroken. :(

I'm sure I can find something else to fill in the calories with though!! lol

Yeah, and for awhile before that they went from awesome to awful. That was the problem. The "story" that makes the rounds is that WDW changed suppliers for their Beaver Tails, at least partially because the Tails were cheaper, and because the vendor had a different prep method that was less complicated and also less expensive (there were also reports that the original vendor wasn't extremely reliable on supply). They were also less tasty (a LOT less). Sales dropped off because they were not nearly as good...and eventually they just shuttered the place. I think it, as has been reported, gets opened to sell beer during very busy times at Epcot and during F&W.

People have, on and off, contacted WDW about the Tails and the get a stock answer about not being able to find a "reliable supply" of them.

Actually there's two parts to this. That "crummy" beaver tails is not a new supplier. The Beaver Tails company changed their manufacturing way to use pre-cooked frozen ones for easier preperation. They still have some of the classic fry-on-premises versions in some places, but this has allowed to expand into Canadian malls and movie theaters ( because they just need to run them through a toaster ). I LOVE real beaver tails and absolutely *hate* the reheated ones.

As for them not shiwng up, I wrote to the Beaver Tails company the year they dissapeared asking what the heck! They responded that they had not been able to re-negotiate a contract with Walt Disney World that was satisfactory. Plain and simple.

I never had a beaver tail, but maybe Canada should have them next year during the Food and Wine Festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter