Beaver Creek Tavern - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This is now a full buffet service restaurant. It is located on the ground floor in the Sequoia Lodge.
Usual selection of starters of meats, pate etc. Main courses of bbq fayre, lasagne, chicken nuggets etc
Have a look here for a look at the restaurant. Although it is still described here as table service for main course, which is not now the case.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

We had a table booked for 7.45 on Monday 18th February. There always seems to be a queue outside the 2 Sequoia Lodge restaurants but it moves quickly. We had a table quite near the buffet so it seemed busy with lots of coming and going, but nothing that disturbed us.
The choices for starters included cold meats, meat loaf, pork pie, gherkins, pickled onions, tomato soup, croutons, cheese, rolls, French bread, smoked mackerel, prawns, seafood dressing, salad dressing, whelks, sardines, tomatoes, sweetcorn, rice, couscous, potato salad, coleslaw, beetroot and eggs.

SSL13973Small.jpg

SSL13974Small.jpg

SSL13975Small.jpg

The main courses included roast potatoes, potatoes dauphinois, chips, smiley faces, spaghetti, Bolognese sauce, lasagne (meat and vegetarian), bacon, sausage, roast chicken, gravy, spicy beans, green beans, pizza and cannelloni.

SSL13977Small.jpg

Desserts included cheese and biscuits, yoghurts, fresh fruit, jelly, cakes, tarts and cheesecakes.

SSL13981Small.jpg

We all enjoyed our food, although once again I had so much for starters that I hardly have any main course (a common thing when I am at a buffet). It was certainly bustling and busy but we weren’t hurried at all and I would eat here again.

The price for 2 adults and 1 child, including 1 beer, 2 waters and 1 coffee was 77.80 Euros, before discount.

When we went, it wa spartly table service, partly buffet.
There was a buffet for appetizers and dessert (no pictures of that, you don't have to see what a pig I am ;) ) and then you get to choose between different main courses. My mom and I both chose a salmon and cod "stew" with risotto (it was just plain rice, no risotto):

P1030683.jpg

From comments from recent diners, it appears this is no longer full buffet, but is back to buffet starter and dessert.

I ate there on 30th October with ma mum and my godmother. Our waiter was so sympathetic and funny! We had two free kirs and a free cocktail with ours Pass Annual.

Service: 7/10 A great and a less great waiter
Vibe and décoration: 8/10 I love this kind of atmosphere with wood and forest! There was not noisy.
Food: 9/10 So delicious!

Decoration
P1100727.jpg

P1100728.jpg

Food
I took main course + desserts buffet
As main course, Sherman's Burger with French fries, onion rings (so tasty), special salsa and chili.
P1100736.jpg

P1100738.jpg

Desserts
Buffet
P1100740.jpg

P1100739.jpg

My plate
P1100741.jpg

My godmother took the same burger and my mother the kids buffet (because of her stomach problems): same appetizers and desserts buffet as the adults but an entrees buffet with chicken, pasta, Mickey pizza...

We ate here on 15th June at 6pm. I had rung and reserved the table before we left England but at this time was really not necessary. The reasturant was almost empty and we were seated straight away. We dined at 3 buffet restaurants during our stay and the buffet part of this meal ,starter and dessert were definately the best. There was a large choice for satrter not just salad options and the puding buffet was delicious i went up 3 times. We had half board plus vouchers which covered the meal. DH had a burger for main which he said was lovely and i had the ribs which came with chips and veg. The ribs were a little fatty which was not a problem as it could be cut off but they were also quite greasy. The main course on the whole was nice but considering the buffet satrter and pudding therer was just too much of it. With the half board plus you get a drink, this was our first night so i was not aware until the next day that the minute maid i was given in a glass was much less than i received anywhere else. We would definately eat here again but i would probably choose a different main course. The restaurant is very large and as we were some of the first in all of the buffet was full. Very nice on the whole recommended.

We had dinner here on Wednesday 6th October - and I think this restaurant is a real hidden gem if our experience is anything to go by :goodvibes.

DD had the kids full buffet, lots of choice of any starters, any desserts, and chicken, fish, pizza, meatballs, pasta, chips, smiley faces, mash potato for main. The desserts included jelly, cakes, cookies, and ice lollies, so DD was very happy!

Adults have loads of choice here - you can have a main course only, or add a starter buffet, or a dessert buffet, or have all 3 if you prefer. I had the main course only, the roast half chicken, it was absolutely delicious, a big plateful, and came with a large baked potato with sour cream, crips runner beans, bacon and sausage. Service was fast, we were there at 7pm and the restaurant was quiet, but filling up a little (but still not that busy) when we left after 8pm.

025.jpg

With a bottle of water and using shareholders discount, my bill came to only 30 euros :thumbsup2.

I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

I echo everything that Elaine has said, we really enjoyed our meal here! :goodvibes

Found some food photos...

Some of the food from the starter buffet

GrannysPhotos275.jpg

My steak, sorry I was hungry!!

GrannysPhotos273.jpg

My desserts...

GrannysPhotos276.jpg

Would go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter