Beauty and the Beast XXII...

roymccoy

Efficient Oxygen Exchanger<br><font color="#0080c0
These Disney straight-to-video's are getting to be like the SuperBowl. You know, SuperBowl XXV, Cinderella IX, SuperBowl XXVI, Peter Pan XVI - Revenge of Schmee

Who else out there thinks that this is really cheapening the Disney brand name?
I just got back from Wal-mart and saw Beauty and the Beast III....DIDN'T WE JUST HAVE TO PAY $20 FOR BEAUTY AND THE BEAST II AT X-MAS ??!?! What is this, the Disney video of the month club?? I picked it up and showed it to my 4 year old daughter and I asked her if she wanted it....what she said should send SHIVERS down the spines of the Disney powers that be (the ones WITH spines, that is)
She said.....drum-roll... "No"

It was as simple as that but it spoke volumes. This is from a girl that said she wanted Cinderella II, 102 Dalmations, Return to Neverland, etc.

I asked..."Why don't you want it?" She said "I already have it" and I said "No, you don't have this one" she said "No thanks..."

Wow. These videos aren't even as good as some of the stuff on TV for free on Saturday morning. Actually, wasn't Cinderella II three cartoons that were made for a weekly series on TV and then combined together into the DVD?

Well, I don't think Disney's going to be getting too much more of our families money for their cheap rip-off new videos. I'll still buy the classics, but I'm done with
Little Mermaid XVI - 3D

Roy

P.S. I DID go home with Stuart Little II, though....she wasn't letting me off that easy!

"Actually, wasn't Cinderella II three cartoons that were made for a weekly series on TV and then combined together into the DVD?"

Yes, and so was the 'Tarzan and Jane' DVD they put out. And so will the upcoming 'Atlantis' DVD. And expect to see several old 'Aladdin' episodes glued together and sold this holiday season as a "new" movie.

This is the latest effort in cutting costs in the direct-to-video unit. Expect more in the future.

I agree totally. I cannot stand the straight to video crap they put out. :rolleyes:

This "new" B&B DVD was actually released several years ago on video, as was Enchanted Christmas. Disney is just now getting around to releasing it on DVD. No comment on the quality or whether Disney should continue to make these movies, but Belle's Magical World isn't a new movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter