Beaches and Cream Soda Shop

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Looking into restaurants and thought that Beaches and Cream would be a fun arrival day dinner. Burgers and ice cream - what could be better.

We are staying at Contemporary
  1. Is it worth it as it seems a bit out of the way from our resort? (Looks yummy)
  2. Is it hard to get a reservation? When I do a check for as far out as I can, there is nothing.
  3. Is it near anything for us to explore beforehand? DH was thinking of going to Disney Springs when we arrive (get to the resort mid afternoon). Not sure logistics of one to the other.
Would love to hear comments or other suggestions. Thanks.

1. Personally, I would not make the trek that far just for it. I would just do Disney Springs - tons of just as good food options and ice cream.
2. Very difficult
3. Boardwalk or skip B&C for DS

Thanks for the feedback. Ok, so not worth it just for dinner.

Another question..is it near Epcot? It's not a "must do" but just trying to get my bearings (and maybe it's also not worth it to leave the park)

Thanks for the feedback. Ok, so not worth it just for dinner.

Another question..is it near Epcot? It's not a "must do" but just trying to get my bearings (and maybe it's also not worth it to leave the park)
Beaches and Cream is located at the Beach Club which is walking distance to Epcot and I agree with the previous poster it’s not probably not worth the effort if dining there is your only goal.

Certainly not as nostalgic, but the Steakhouse 71 Bar in the Contemporary had excellent burgers when we were there in December.

It's a very short walk to Epcot - maybe 5 minutes from the International Gateway in between France and UK. We enjoy Beaches and Cream, but only if we are going to be in that area anyway. We've eaten there many times, as before we bought into DVC, Yacht Club was our favorite hotel. As you noted, it's burgers and ice cream. It's good burgers and ice cream, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for it. They also have a walk up window if you just want ice cream. Sometimes if we are nearby we'll stop there for a No Way Jose sundae - so good!

And yes, reservations are very hard to come by. It's very popular.

Beaches and Cream is located at the Beach Club which is walking distance to Epcot and I agree with the previous poster it’s not probably not worth the effort if dining there is your only goal.

Certainly not as nostalgic, but the Steakhouse 71 Bar in the Contemporary had excellent burgers when we were there in December.
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at Steakhouse 71 - Much prefer the lunch menu as I eat fish but not meat (kids eat meat though). Can you order an item off off the lunch menu at dinner?

It's a very short walk to Epcot - maybe 5 minutes from the International Gateway in between France and UK. We enjoy Beaches and Cream, but only if we are going to be in that area anyway. We've eaten there many times, as before we bought into DVC, Yacht Club was our favorite hotel. As you noted, it's burgers and ice cream. It's good burgers and ice cream, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way for it. They also have a walk up window if you just want ice cream. Sometimes if we are nearby we'll stop there for a No Way Jose sundae - so good!

That's great to know they have a walk up window (no ADR required I assume). Same ice cream items? The sundae would definitely be the main reason for going there.

Thanks for the feedback. I was looking at Steakhouse 71 - Much prefer the lunch menu as I eat fish but not meat (kids eat meat though). Can you order an item off off the lunch menu at dinner?
I am not sure if you can order off of the lunch menu during dinner but I have heard others mention that they ordered off of the bar menu (like the burgers not on the dinner menu) from the dining room.

That's great to know they have a walk up window (no ADR required I assume). Same ice cream items? The sundae would definitely be the main reason for going there.

No ADR required for the walk up window. The menu posted is limited, but it's my understanding you can get pretty much any ice cream item other than the kitchen sink. I know for a fact you can get the No Way Jose, as we've done it and it was not listed on the walk up menu. The CM didn't even bat an eye.

I am not sure if you can order off of the lunch menu during dinner but I have heard others mention that they ordered off of the bar menu (like the burgers not on the dinner menu) from the dining room.
No ADR required for the walk up window. The menu posted is limited, but it's my understanding you can get pretty much any ice cream item other than the kitchen sink. I know for a fact you can get the No Way Jose, as we've done it and it was not listed on the walk up menu. The CM didn't even bat an eye.
Thank you both.

Looked up the No Way Jose...yummy!!!

We were there last month (take out window). We were told we could get any sundae we wanted. We got a couple of the brownie ones (forget the name) and ate them at the tables right there. I’ve never eaten in the restaurant. I’d say it would be worth it to walk over from epcot if you’re sundae lovers and could use a little break from the park.

Ooo! I didn’t know the walk up window has the no way Jose sundae?!

I think the buzz around the kitchen sink sundae(I do love the actual Mickey sink they serve it in) built up some sort of cult following because the restaurant is average at best and the ice cream is easily forgettable. You want good ice cream in the boardwalk area, the Fountain at Dolphin is 10x better than beaches and cream and its really not that much further of a walk.

I think the buzz around the kitchen sink sundae(I do love the actual Mickey sink they serve it in) built up some sort of cult following because the restaurant is average at best and the ice cream is easily forgettable. You want good ice cream in the boardwalk area, the Fountain at Dolphin is 10x better than beaches and cream and its really not that much further of a walk.
Great thank you. Good to know. Will keep The Fountain in mind.

Looking into restaurants and thought that Beaches and Cream would be a fun arrival day dinner. Burgers and ice cream - what could be better.

We are staying at Contemporary
  1. Is it worth it as it seems a bit out of the way from our resort? (Looks yummy)
  2. Is it hard to get a reservation? When I do a check for as far out as I can, there is nothing.
  3. Is it near anything for us to explore beforehand? DH was thinking of going to Disney Springs when we arrive (get to the resort mid afternoon). Not sure logistics of one to the other.
Would love to hear comments or other suggestions. Thanks.
It’s great and yummy! It’s certainly worth it and venture over to Boardwalk for some great shows. Magic, Singing, Jump rope, etc. Without kids got Jelly rolls

Like most posters, I wouldn't go out of my way. You spend so much time getting around Disney that it's best to arrange dining in the vicinity you plan to be in rather than making special trips. That being said, it's not far from International Gateway at Epcot so if you are there, you could stop by. For arrival day I like to keep dinner near the hotel/park you are in as travel days can be tiring and have unexpected glitches.

If you are planning on shopping at DS, I would also plan on eating there. Lots of good places to try.

Like most posters, I wouldn't go out of my way. You spend so much time getting around Disney that it's best to arrange dining in the vicinity you plan to be in rather than making special trips. That being said, it's not far from International Gateway at Epcot so if you are there, you could stop by. For arrival day I like to keep dinner near the hotel/park you are in as travel days can be tiring and have unexpected glitches.

If you are planning on shopping at DS, I would also plan on eating there. Lots of good places to try.
Thanks. Makes sense.

Thanks for this recommendation. The Fountain food menu looks better than beaches and cream too!

Is the Beaches and cream window still doing the No Way Jose since covid?
I thought I heard they were just doing regular ice cream cones and shakes?
That would be amazing - if it is truly the case I will be cancelling my reservation on arrival day and just stick to the window!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter