Beaches and Cream closed for refurb Aug 2019 !

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Boo! B & C was going to be our first meal at WDW on our Aug trip. We are staying at BC for the first time, too. Can anyone recommend a different place that is special, good ice cream, desserts? I guess I don't get my No Way Jose or those yummy, decadent shakes.

Darn it.

Edit: Maybe they will have mercy on us and have an ice cream window open?

Boo! B & C was going to be our first meal at WDW on our Aug trip. We are staying at BC for the first time, too. Can anyone recommend a different place that is special, good ice cream, desserts? I guess I don't get my No Way Jose or those yummy, decadent shakes.

Darn it.
There will be a temporary, walk up location for ice cream during the refurbishment. Currently the rumor is they will not have the kitchen sink available there, but most other sundaes that they currently serve will be available. I got a No Way Jose at the current walk-up counter last August.
In the event of other ice cream emergencies, I suggest a visit to Ample Hills on the Boardwalk :-):mickeybar

There will be a temporary, walk up location for ice cream during the refurbishment. Currently the rumor is they will not have the kitchen sink available there, but most other sundaes that they currently serve will be available. I got a No Way Jose at the current walk-up counter last August.
In the event of other ice cream emergencies, I suggest a visit to Ample Hills on the Boardwalk :-):mickeybar

Thanks so much! What a relief! :)

Also, if you're looking for dinner and not just ice cream there are plenty of options on the Boardwalk. ESPN Club for burgers, then a stop at Ample Hills (or Boardwalk Bakery has great treats) or the walk-up window would be my plan.

Others have suggested The Fountain at the Dolphin as an option as well.

Now I'm rethinking plans. Maybe Yachtsman for our first dinner, followed by pool time (pool is open until 11pm! Yay!)

Also thinking of getting one of the new cabanas one of the days. I wonder if they'll deliver No Way Jose to the cabana? That may be risky in the 95 degree heat of late August, though.

Now I'm rethinking plans. Maybe Yachtsman for our first dinner, followed by pool time (pool is open until 11pm! Yay!)

Also thinking of getting one of the new cabanas one of the days. I wonder if they'll deliver No Way Jose to the cabana? That may be risky in the 95 degree heat of late August, though.
Yachtsman is great! Definitely recommend, but it's pretty much to opposite of Beaches and Cream, its one of the signature restaurants and serves great steaks. For ice cream, go over to the Boardwalk, their Ample Hills Creamery is delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter