Beach in the Tampa area

Alexle2007

DIS Veteran
Our end of school date was just moved up so we have some extra days we can add to our already planned vacation to Universal in early June. We would be flying into Tampa and would have 3 beach days before we make the drive to Orlando. Any suggestions of Gulf beach resorts to stay at that are convenient from Tampa? Also, is the Marriott directly in the Tampa airport like the Hyatt is in Orlando? Our flight doesn't arrive until 12:30 am so we were looking to spend the night there before we head to the beach in the morning.

Check out Treasure Island. There`s lots of beach front hotels and its only about 30 min from TPA.

Honeymoon Island State Park has a nice beach and a wilderness trail walkway. This is our go to place whenever we are in Tampa!

Clearwater Beach is about 30 minutes from the airport area. Beautiful beach, great swimming!

Yes, the Marriott is connected to TPA.

Anna Maria Island is my favorite local beach, but it's about an hour away from Tampa and you've gotten some suggestions here which are closer and would work.

We go to the Alden in St. Pete's Beach every year. It's older but the beach is fabulous. We love it

For our 2014 Tampa Beach Area Vacation we stayed at the

Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites

Sunset Vistas is located in Treasure Island Beach/St Petersburg Fl

Our suite was a 2 Bedroom Condo type unit with a full size kitchen and living room.

The views from the Balcony at Sunset etc were very nice.

We paid extra to get the Waterfront Suite.

The only downside I would give it was the TV in the non master bedroom was

way to small it was approximately a 12 inch LED TV

um we like to have all the comforts of home when we are on vacation and they

missed the mark on that one.

Last edited:
I have a preference for Saint Pete Beach. I have been going there for many years, even before WDW opened. That is just a personal preference. I have probably been to every beach from Clearwater to Fort Myers at one time or another, and they ALL are beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter