beach club, yacht club, or contemporary

crs7568

<font color=FF66FF>The Tag Fairy will find you whe
I have talked my husband into a late August trip!! There are some terrific deals and I was wondering what would be the best resort for a family of four (girls ages 1 and 6) Also, what has been your experience with concierge at any of the mentioned hotels? We will definitely be spending a great deal of time at the resort during the hot part of the day...which is probably most of the day that time of year. Room size is also a big factor. Is stormalong bay as great as it seems? I also considered the BWI.
How is that hotel and pool. Thanks for your help. My girls Yorkshire terrier just died today so this should really cheer up my oldest daughter and I want it to be great for her!:)

Sorry to hear about your dog!

SAB at YC/BC is a park all to its own. However, during the busy, hot season it will be very crowded.

I would make the decision based on the theme parks you perfer to visit often.

Contemporary is on the monorail and is right next to the MK. It also is right on Bay lake so you can do "water" things.

YC/BC/BWI/BWV are all between EPCOT and MGM. You can walk to both parks. Both YC/BC and BWI/BWV have great theme pools with slides. SAB at YC/BC is better, but Luna Park at BWI/BWV is fun and won't be as crowded.

You won't lose with any of the resorts. Depending on your length of stay, you may even consider switching resorts during your stay to try different ones out.

I'd choose CR based on location. Since you'll be returning back to your room late morning and then probably going out again in the evening, and since with kids that age you'll probably spend a lot of time at MK, CR would be very convenient. I think the rooms are a little bigger too.

Of course, if swimming is very important, you may want to pick a hotel with a more interesting pool. I guess that part depends on what your girls like to do in the pool and how adventurous they are.

for room size CR has the biggest rooms, but if you plan on spending a lot of time at the resort, then I would go with the Yacht or Beach club, storm a long bay is every bit as good as people say it is, and then some! this is coming from someone who normally doesnt like pools, but SAB is great.
the concierge at the YC is fantastic, if you plan on staying conicerge, I highly recommend it. we have stayed at YC concierge 3 times, and the service is just top notch. so friendly and so inviting. it really makes a difference.

Laura :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter