• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas at 7 month in May '15

Dawn16

Mouseketeer
For those who have experience, are the chances good, bad or in between of getting a 1BR or Studio? Normally I'd just try my luck at 7 months (currently booked at WLV) but my sister will be renting points for her room so, once she's booked, that's where she will be staying. Don't want to have her book at BCV and then not be able to switch myself. Its a short four night trip for the end of Flower and Garden and beginning of Star Wars weekends (assuming both with have the same dates as last year) so that area would be easier than the MK area. I know BWV has more rooms but we're staying there for Food and Wine next year (with my BWV pts). Not a huge deal either but figured I'd check the odds before having my sister book one or the other.

Thanks.

In May, your chances are good. Every April or may we go we have never had no problem getting into the beach at 7 months, used to never have a problem for October either but that has changed, we can never get in anymore.

For those who have experience, are the chances good, bad or in between of getting a 1BR or Studio? Normally I'd just try my luck at 7 months (currently booked at WLV) but my sister will be renting points for her room so, once she's booked, that's where she will be staying. Don't want to have her book at BCV and then not be able to switch myself. Its a short four night trip for the end of Flower and Garden and beginning of Star Wars weekends (assuming both with have the same dates as last year) so that area would be easier than the MK area. I know BWV has more rooms but we're staying there for Food and Wine next year (with my BWV pts). Not a huge deal either but figured I'd check the odds before having my sister book one or the other.

Thanks.

At 7 months out for May in 2013 and 2014, BCV 1BRs were open; likewise studios except for night during Star Wars weekends and Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks. This is what scares me b/c it is the first Star Wars Weekend.

"likewise studios except for night during Star Wars weekends"

Thanks. This is what scares me b/c it is the first Star Wars Weekend. "likewise studios except for night during Star Wars weekends"
But you said you'd be fine booking a 1-bedroom, so that will likely be your best option. Star Wars Weekends makes the Epcot DVC resorts very popular on the weekends, as people come specifically for that event.

Thanks, you are right. I will plan to pony up for the 1 bedroom if I really want to stay at BCV.

But you said you'd be fine booking a 1-bedroom, so that will likely be your best option. Star Wars Weekends makes the Epcot DVC resorts very popular on the weekends, as people come specifically for that event.

Though it is announced annually and is always subject to change, typically the Star Wars weekends are the weekends that fall between the middle of May and the middle of June.

This May we got a one broom for the second week in May at 7 months. It was last week F&G and first or second of SWW and we got it! There were no studios though fyi...

You may be lucky with the 1 bedroom. Last year we tried to book exactly at the 7 month window for a studio. It wasn't available but we did waitlist and it came through.

Great, thanks for the info. Looks like the one bedroom is going to have to work.

This May we got a one broom for the second week in May at 7 months. It was last week F&G and first or second of SWW and we got it! There were no studios though fyi...

Thanks. I will probably do a waitlist for the studio too if I can get a one bedroom.

You may be lucky with the 1 bedroom. Last year we tried to book exactly at the 7 month window for a studio. It wasn't available but we did waitlist and it came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter