Beach Club Villa vs. Boardwalk Villa?

hardlabor

Mouseketeer
We stayed at Beach Club in December 2006 and fell in love with it. I just booked a trip at BCV for early December 2009, only to find out that I can not get a AAA discount for that location. I can, however, get a Boardwalk villa for the same times at a $500 savings. Any advice or suggestions between the two? We love Stormalong Bay, but love saving $500 too! Help!

What about renting DVC points. Probably cheaper than AAA, and you are still far enough out that you can rent from someone who has the 11 month priority. Check the rent/trade board.

I'm shocked you got a DVC resort for Dec 09 at this time let alone get one for a discount. The 11 month window just opened for members to book there.

We had a week long vacation BCV in November, and 2 nights in early December, and finally a 4 night stay at BWV over NYE week just last year. At none of those times was it warm enough to enjoy SAB without shivering. SAB and BWV's pools were mostly empty and the lifeguards had lots of layers on to help them be comfortable. Oh, I went in the water, and some days were better than others, but it was not a vacation with swimming as the focus for anyone.

I would go with the $500 discounted price. I know that things are different every year, some people may have gone in between my visits and have had high temps, but I have decided not to spend my points at BCV for a late fall or winter vacation any more!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'm shocked you got a DVC resort for Dec 09 at this time let alone get one for a discount. The 11 month window just opened for members to book there.

What is the time frame for booking DVC for cash with CRO? Or is there any? Also I know that 2% of the inventory is not available for booking by points, is this available to book thru CRO at anytime?

I don't know why I have this feeling but I wonder at times if members are being shut out of booking with points by Disney themselves. I mean truly how do we know? :confused3

Good question and there should be vsibility to this by the owners.

Disney is far from open when this question comes up.

Sorry to open a can of worms. We are happy to have got the room that we did, and not being really sure how the whole procces works, did not realize how lucky we are! Thought it would be good to pass this information on to you folks, as I had read somewhere about the 11 month/7 months windows for DVC to book. Please do not shoot the messenger!

We stayed at Beach Club in December 2006 and fell in love with it. I just booked a trip at BCV for early December 2009, only to find out that I can not get a AAA discount for that location. I can, however, get a Boardwalk villa for the same times at a $500 savings. Any advice or suggestions between the two? We love Stormalong Bay, but love saving $500 too! Help!

If a pool is a big deal to you, I would check out the one at BWV and compare it to Stormalong Bay. Then see if the $500 extra is worth it.

Personally, my kids don't like sliding through a clown's mouth so BWV is not for us. We're staying at BCV in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter