Beach club thoughts

glj104

Clemson Tiger
We got back from the polynesian last week and had another amazing trip. We have always stayed there, but visitied beaches and cream, and are really interested in staying at the beach club next year. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

The BC is a great resort. Our favorite is the Poly, but we had a nice stay at the BC. The resort is beautiful and you can't beat the location as it's great being within walking distance to both Epcot and DHS :goodvibes.

Looking at the Beach Club for a special occasion next June 2013! So I would like to hear all the great things about the Beach Club too:goodvibes

We have stayed at the BC and YC. They both are very nice resorts but we prefer the YC. It is not as congested as the BC. The restaurants are all very good and SAB is awesome. The location cannot be beat. I would highly recommend both resorts.

We got back from the polynesian last week and had another amazing trip. We have always stayed there, but visitied beaches and cream, and are really interested in staying at the beach club next year. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks

Love and adore the Beach club. There is some thing magical walking back from Epcot and hearing the soft music play on your way to the BC.

I love waking up really early, getting a cup of coffee and sitting in one of the rocking chairs in the back watching wdw wake up or having breakfast in the sitting room.
DSCF0661.jpg

DSCF0624.jpg

I love the entertainment right across at the boardwalk. plus all the places to eat.

DSCF0660.jpg

While not my favorite, I do love the Beach Club. I love that lobby, I love the busy vibe it has, I love being able to walk down to Cape May for a great character breakfast.

What I don't love is the lack of balconies on 50% of the rooms. We have had 2 stays here without a balcony. Although I love BC a lot more than YC, I do prefer YC for the balconies.

C'mon over and check out the first page of the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ thread. Lots of info and pictures there. The link to this page is in my signature.

If you have any specific questions, there are lots of people who hang out on the forum ready to help!

The pool, Stormalong Bay, is awesome, but for me, the main draw of the resort is being steps away from EPCOT and very close to Hollywood Studios.

Dee

Beach Club is our new favorite! It is so very comfortable and they really make you feel welcome and 'at home' there!! We love the decor and the pool/beach area is simply the best!! Walking to EPCOT using what we felt was our private entrance was incredible!! My wife and I would wake early and go for a walk around the Boardwalk and stop at the bakery for coffee and goodies. I was quite sick for a couple of days while we were there (not Disney's fault!) and couldn't leave the room:sick:. As awful as I felt though, I was VERY comfortable in our room and it was almost like being home!! Try the BC, I'm sure you'll fall in love too!!!:)

Had my first stay at BC last year and loved it. Location was amazing, the feeling while there was great and the staff was awesome. Planning to go back next year. Staying for the first time at Poly later this week so I'll know better next week how they compare!

We were going to stay at the BC this November but really had to convince little man (DS6) to stay at AoA because he wasn't having any of the BC. He wanted to stay at YC again. With the hotel being less "Disney-fied" than the values and some of the mods, we were really shocked he wanted to stay there again. He wasn't going to stay at BC, no matter what we said. So we compromised and chose AoA- I just think it warrants another consideration for the YC because if a 6 year old loves it, then hey, it can't be bad.

My DH and I loved the Boardwalk over all resorts we have stayed in so far. We will be staying at BC next April so maybe our opinion will change but as of right now, I say pick YC over anything else. You won't be disappointed- it really was a great stay for us, especially with the proximity to EP, that we love, and HS that is a lot of fun. It has balconies or patios that you can watch fireworks from, and jump on the monorail for the MK and a bus for AK. It is so nice!

BC/YC (with a slight edge to YC) are our favorite WDW resort and only although we do prefer the S/D when we can get them on a good rate. When the S/D is priced out due to conventions I LOVE the BC/YC. The pool is amazing and the location is the best on property in my opinion. I know many people love the Poly but I feel like its long overdue for an update (which I understand its getting soon), but I'm sure if you loved how tranquil the gardens, etc. at the Poly are - I give them credit for that! - you will love the BC even more, especially if you have kids. SAB is unbeatable!

We were going to stay at the BC this November but really had to convince little man (DS6) to stay at AoA because he wasn't having any of the BC. He wanted to stay at YC again. With the hotel being less "Disney-fied" than the values and some of the mods, we were really shocked he wanted to stay there again. He wasn't going to stay at BC, no matter what we said. So we compromised and chose AoA- I just think it warrants another consideration for the YC because if a 6 year old loves it, then hey, it can't be bad.

I'm confused... Your 6 year old gets to make the decision on where you stay for vacation? I must have misunderstood, right?!

We've stayed all over and have loved all of the resorts for one reason or another. Wilderness Lodge is our favorite but so far I haven't met a Disney resort that I didn't like! :love:

We're about to embark on our first trip at the Beach Club and I cannot wait!! I am so excited about SAB, being close to Epcot and DHS, and experiencing Club Level for the first time. (Soooo thankful for the bounceback offer that has made this trip possible!)

I'm hoping that after this experience we still feel okay about doing a value because we've got the ASMovies booked for January!

We've stayed at the Poly 3 times before trying out BC. Poly had bigger rooms and we've always requested and received a 3rd floor room with a balcony. We absolutely loved it there.

BC has the better bathroom layout but I didn't care for the balconies. There aren't many and some of those are standing room only. Not to mention that a lot of the standard rooms have views of roof tops.

That said BC is still roomy, light and airy and is steps away from Epcot and has really the best pool in WDW. DH was so thrilled he agreed to buy into DVC at BCV on the spot!

BC is one of my top 3 favorites. WL is my #1 favorite .... GF and BC are tied for second place :thumbsup2

I'm confused... Your 6 year old gets to make the decision on where you stay for vacation? I must have misunderstood, right?!

Nope, you got it correct- it's his birthday and he and DS15 (my last 2 in the house thank goodness) get to pick when we go for their birthdays. This will be his 6th trip and her 5th and we try to give them a choice to make them feel a part of the process- we told them 3 properties and he wanted YC again and we are trying to stay at all the properties at least once; YC would be a repeat.
It actually worked out in our favor- I would rather do BC with just DH and I anyway. DS6 actually already chose POLY for his next bday in 2013- and when he chooses, it seems like it is more magical for him. We've gotten 3 upgrades when he has picked- SSR, CR, and YC- so it seems to work out all the better anyway. Now if I could get him to pick lottery numbers, I might have a better story!

Don't misunderstand however: When it's me and my DH alone- I make all the decisions, even though he won't admit it. ;)

Nope, you got it correct- it's his birthday and he and DS15 (my last 2 in the house thank goodness) get to pick when we go for their birthdays. This will be his 6th trip and her 5th and we try to give them a choice to make them feel a part of the process- we told them 3 properties and he wanted YC again and we are trying to stay at all the properties at least once; YC would be a repeat.

Don't misunderstand however: When it's me and my DH alone- I make all the decisions, even though he won't admit it. ;)

Ahhh! Maybe I should let him pick where I stay next? :banana:

Thanks

Sounds just like our family last year; thought we were "only-at-the-Poly" people. Two years ago, we stopped by BC for a meal and had a walk around. We then booked a split stay last year, with BC first and Poly last. We spent the whole time at Poly wishing we were back at the Beach Club. For us, the pool can't be beat -- the location, too. We loved walking to Epcot and DHS.

If you really can't make up your mind, try a split stay? Best of both if you wind up loving each resort. Or, worst-case scenario: you try a new resort, don't like it and end it on a high note with your favourite resort. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter