Beach Club or some other Deluxe?

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
OK, I'm 99.99% sure we want to return to the Beach Club in summer 2014.

But because I'm itching to do some planning (as opposed to the 38 college letters of reccommendation I should be attending to!), talk me into your favorite Deluxe.

BUT, because there are 5 of us, it pretty much lets out the Wilderness Lodge or AKL-- their standard rooms won't accomodate 5.

So induldge me... where would you stay?

I would do either the BC or Poly (which I see you've stayed at in the past) - or try a BLT villa (awesome) or the GF. I was at the GF in January and I will tell you - after 15-20 stays there over the years - it is better than ever. REALLY an amazing place to stay :cutie:

But because I'm itching to do some planning (as opposed to the 38 college letters of reccommendation I should be attending to!), talk me into your favorite Deluxe.

BUT, because there are 5 of us, it pretty much lets out the Wilderness Lodge or AKL-- their standard rooms won't accomodate 5.

My first choice would be the Poly for the large spacious room, the relaxing tropical atmosphere, the volcano pool with a view of the castle while swimming, and the beach for watching the fireworks. But, since you've already stayed there twice and might possibly be looking for something different, my second choice would be the GF. The rooms are larger than at the BC, the atmosphere is beautiful, it's one monorail stop from MK, and it's convenient to the CR and Poly for a variety of dining/shopping options.

1bedroom BLT if your DDs could share the sleeper sofa and DS could do the sleeper chair. If not, 2 Bdrm BLT!

Love BC. And your kids prob enjoy SAB. So I'd do BC or YC. Second choice would be CR because of the large rooms. Poly is going to start DVC construction maybe in the next year, so I would stay away from that resort.

Do you light your cigarettes with twenties? Value not good enough for you? Hah?

Enjoy your stay!!

To us the only GOOD thing about BC is the location and SAB ( we had a horrible experience) so I would choose another deluxe!

If you want Epcot area, I'd choose YC or BWI if you want MK area I'd choose Poly or GF, if none of that matters I'd go with the lower priced but not lower amenities deluxes AKL or WL!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

To us the only GOOD thing about BC is the location and SAB ( we had a horrible experience) so I would choose another deluxe!

If you want Epcot area, I'd choose YC or BWI if you want MK area I'd choose Poly or GF, if none of that matters I'd go with the lower priced but not lower amenities deluxes AKL or WL!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

Wow, what happened?

AKL and WL are out; they don't sleep 5.
Poly will be under construction.

We rented points for a two bedroom BLT room and....wow. We have stayed AK, BC and Poly before. Nothing beats BLT to us now. Being able to have the monorail or boat right there as well as being able to walk five minutes to mk is enough. We also have modern taste so the decor is what we feel comfortable with. Have fun!

I'm always up for a new adventure, and I am in the process of trying to stay at every resort at least once, but the BC is my fave hands down. One, Stormalong Bay, need I say more? Second, Beaches and Cream. Simply the best burgers and ice cream on property. Third, location. Easliy the most centrally located resort on the property. And we even own DVC there!

99.99% sure why fool around just stay at BC ::yes::. Hey it's our favorite, we'll be there in mid-June after our Disney cruise. Then we're back in October for the W&F festival & one more time in January, after our NYE cruise. We love the BC & use YC or Boardwalk as our back ups. For us no other resorts have so many restaurants, access to EPCOT & of course the BC pool (simply the best). Just my 2 cents worth. :scratchin

Yeah, you're right of course.

But that means I have to get to those letters of reccommendation!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quick, what else can I plan??

My favourite is Poly but I understand that everyone is different. If your gut is telling you 99.99% BC then that is pretty strong and I would go with your gut.

I love the GF or how about a split stay? We are considering it between BC and GF next May. Best of both worlds!

I don't have a true favorite, because I think there are pros and cons for all of them. However, I'll go ahead and suggest Contemporary.

BIG rooms -- bigger than BC -- and being refreshed now, so nice & new. Walk to MK, I mean come on, so awesome. Waiting for the monorail inside in the air conditioning. :faint: Great restaurants. Good shopping. Good arcade. Quintessential Disney hotel. :thumbsup2 Easy boat or monorail to the other resorts nearby for more shopping and dining options.

You could stay at the WL villas one bedroom suite, it will fit 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!