Beach Club or Saratoga Springs?

meggiebeth

WDW, DLR & DLP enthusiast
Hi all,

We will be visiting Disney later this summer and currently have six nights booked in two rooms at Yacht Club. We then booked one room at Beach Club for the following three nights to share between the four of us (not ideal, but for such a short stay, it saves a lot of money).

I am now getting the feeling that my brother, who could not initially travel due to commitments at home, will now want to come with us, meaning that there will be five of us. I believe that one room at Beach Club for the five of us really isn’t ideal. I can get a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs for the same price as one standard room at Beach Club which would give us quite a bit of extra space and privacy. I’m really torn though, since Beach Club is our absolute favourite resort (we love the location and pool) and I worry that moving to Saratoga Springs will be hard after a stay at Yacht Club. We stayed at Saratoga Springs many years ago and enjoyed it, but we much, much prefer Yacht and Beach Club.

If it were up to you, what would you choose? (i) one room at Beach Club, (ii) a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs, or (iii) two rooms at Beach Club for double the cost, which would stretch our budget a lot.

Any advice appreciated!

Normally, I would say stick with BC, because I much prefer it over SS. However, I think since you're staying at YC the first part of the trip, moving over to SS isn't a terrible idea to have the extra space. We stayed in a 1 bedroom there last summer and the renovated rooms are super nice. It'll definitely be far more comfortable for 5 of you.

SSR will have more newly renovated rooms compared to the BC too. I would go that route just simply for the extra space, plus a change of scenery and being close to DS could be fun too for a few days.

If it were up to you, what would you choose? (i) one room at Beach Club, (ii) a one bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs, or (iii) two rooms at Beach Club for double the cost, which would stretch our budget a lot.
I wouldn't put five people in a one bedroom villa. That means that someone gets the wonderful master bedroom and someone gets the living room, which has an absolute lack of privacy. If you need to move anyway, why not get two rooms at a moderate resort. We like POR and the boat to Disney Springs. :)

If you are staying at the YC for 6 nights then BC for 3, I'm guessing money isn't really a problem. I wouldn't want to downgrade and have a crowded room, I mean we are not animals. Get the 2 rooms at BC or YC.

I’m of the opinion that “ending on a high note” is good for the soul, so… which would that be for you??

I might consider starting the trip in one room (YC or SSR), and ending with 2 rooms (BC). Also, if you’re able to rent DVC points for BC, it’s probably much cheaper than just getting the room direct from Disney. Just a thought ☺️😉

I love being on the Boardwalk, so if I had a choice I’d go with BC

Ending at Saratoga would be nice. With 6 nights at the Yacht Club you will already be over the parks - especially Epcot and HS - so 3 nights at Saratoga would be a nice relaxing way to end the vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter