Beach Club lovers - tell me about it!!!

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Hi everyone! I will finally be staying at an Epcot resort! We chose the Beach Club - basicly since it was all that was available. LOL, but, I have always been interested in staying there!

Please tell me about the place! I'd like to hear about the rooms, shops, the pool, everything! We opted for the standard view.

Thanks!!!

We stayed at the BCV a week ago and fell in love with the area. In Nov we have a 6 night stay at OKW with one night at POFQ. After our stay at BCV I talked dh into staying at YC (we couldn't get BC) instead of POFQ . We are going to CP that night and it is amazing how close you are to Epcot. We used the connections vouchers at Beaches and Cream twice (what a great deal). They are renovating YC now and I think are supposed to start BC in Oct. Cape May has a great character breakfast. We didn't try YS. Dh just thought it had everything. I hope you are going when you can take advantage of SAB. I think you'll love it!:D

Cali,
You gave up on the YC too easily!!! The YC is always booked up because it is the BEST resort!:teeth: Keep trying, something will open up for you.

It's not that I don't think you will like the BC, it's just that I know you will love the YC even more! :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

cindala, actually, the YC did have a standard view concierge room available, but the Grand Floridian was completely sold out. Does that mean the GF is the best? ;)

Trying to find a good airfare right now, and really can't find anything too attractive, LOL. Looks like we might be paying a lot to fly down and back.

Okay Cali,
You got me on that one! But you know I'm partial to the YC!:crazy:

Good luck with airfare hunting!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congratulations, Cali!!!:D

When will you be there? I'll be at the YC in Dec., can't wait to try out the Epcot resorts and SAB.

We'll be there in October! I can't believe we are doing this, LOL! And, I have no idea how it's going to get paid for! But, you only live once!!

Cali,

I think you'll love BC. That whole area is our favorite. We did GF at Christmas last year, and it was a beautiful resort. In fact, if I didn't need to visit the parks, I wouldn't mind staying there for a week or MORE! BUT...it was such a pain to get anywhere!! An HOUR on the monorail just to get to EPCOT at 9 am. THen, fight the crowds at the entrance! YUCK! I missed walking into the back entrance at EPCOT (SO much more than I ever imagined) and walking to MGM. The Boarwalk area is just so nice and clean (compared to the real BW's in NJ). We just love walking around and soaking in the atmosphere! And, your choice of food is incredible! The YS is still my fave (even though Citricos is a very close 2nd), B & C, all the little places on the BW, all the countries at WS - whew!!! I can't wait to eat! We'll be there for 7 days in Dec. and there just aren't enough days to eat all the places that we want to eat!

ENJOY!

I think Yacht and Beach is the BEST resort I have ever been to anywhere period!!! :D
You cant beat teh location the pool is just the bet service is wonderful!! I am staying in a few weeks and I think its like my 10th stay since trying it by mistake (long story) in 1994. :d
I think the only thing youll miss from the Grand is the monorail and maybe a 24 hour snack food resteraunt! :)

Cali, Wow! Going back in October!! That's fantastic! Beach Club is very nice. The pool is so much fun! Great water slide and a whirlpool that was fun to swim in. It was so hard to swim against the current, it just sweeps you along. We had a blast with our kids. There were lots of places to sit when we were there in July and it seemed like tables were plentiful too. Beaches and Cream was great for a quick bite to eat. We were able to get seated pretty quickly too. I have stayed at both the inn part and the villas part of the Beach Club. I feel it is a lovely resort. We had a perfectly wonderful stay there last time. It is so close to Epcot. I used to wander off to Epcot by myself while my husband and kids napped. The store was very nice. They had some good food selections, although they tended to run out of popular items and did not refill them in a timely manner. The stores at the Grand Floridian offer more of a variety of items to buy. I found this out on my last trip when I visited the Grand Floridian. I think you'll like staying at an Epcot resort. The proximity between two Disney parks is just so convenient! You can even wander over to the Boardwalk which we did every night! I love the Epcot resorts! Have a great time!:D

What's great: location, pool and Beaches and Cream for lunch/snack. Mugs can be refilled any restaurant including Yahtsman. I'm in the minority, very unimpressed with Cape May seafood buffet. I thought the Gallery mini breakfast buffet (non character) was excellent. Many of the rooms are a long walk from the elevator. If that matters to your family request a room close to elevator if not you might take the stairs. If you close to EPCOT, go down the stairs and out the side door. It seems like you're closer to the EPCOT gate than you are to the lobby.

You'll love it. They are undergoing refurbishments I hear but honestly...it's not as if the place is a total mess. It just needs a touch up face-lift. The location is absolutely fabulous. Love stormalong bay. Beaches & Cream silly as it may sound is one thing we love about the Beach Club. Gotta' try the No Way Jose ice cream treat. The cast members have always been wonderful to us - the resort is absolutely gorgeous. Love the grounds. There is even a free garden tour that you can sign up for.

we can't tear ourselves away from the Beach or Yacht Club - even to stay at the Grand Floridian. For our trip in May we booked the Grand because we wanted to try something different. It was beautiful, but we missed the Beach club so much we moved after the first night.

Have fun!

PamNC

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm really excited to try the Beach Club!

Does anyone have pictures of the standard rooms there? I'd really like a room with a full balcony - is there any specific part of the resort that would be best for a standard view?

We are also staying at the BC in Oct., and already know that we love it, as we have stayed there last year and had a great time. Anyway, what's up with the talk about renovations in Oct? Could this turn out to be a CBR type thing:( where we won't really get to stay there because of the renovations?Last time we stayed there, Sept.'01, they were building the BCV, however ,it didn't really impact upon our stay, had no problems with noise or anything else. Does anyone know what type of renovations and to what extent they will be, in Oct?:rolleyes:

karensi,
I would guess they are just replacing carpet and painting. We were there in May and it was great, just the carpet in the halls seemed like they were ready for replacement.
Once you've stayed there its hard to go anywhere else.

Lewis, nah, I've read the YC/BC FAQ many times!!! I've actually been booked at each resort before, too. :) I've somehow managed to cancel those reservations and stay elsewhere (mostly due to "pressure" from DIS'ers, if you can believe it).

Another question - are there any BC standard rooms with the pink/coral walls instead of the teal/sea green walls?

Thanks!!!

are there any BC standard rooms with the pink/coral walls instead of the teal/sea green walls
I couldn't even tell you what color was in the room I stayed in. Cali, as you formulate your room request strategy and consider: type of bedding, balcony status, proximity to elevator and floor Do you really want to add wall color as a criteria. :D

Originally posted by Lewisc

I couldn't even tell you what color was in the room I stayed in. Cali, as you formulate your room request strategy and consider: type of bedding, balcony status, proximity to elevator and floor Do you really want to add wall color as a criteria. :D

Actually, all I requested was two queens and daybed, and a full balcony. I was planning to leave the rest up to them, and then see what I get at check-in (that's usually the best time to get what you want, anyways).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!