Beach Club kid's pirate cruise (Albatross Cruise) review - Jan. 2011

At World's End

DIS Veteran
My boys went on this cruise in late January 2011. I couldn't find alot of info on it, so I thought I'd post a review.

The cruise leaves the Bayside Marina at 9:30 and returns around 11:30. They ask you to checkin at 9:15, and parent's return to the dock at 11:20. The cost was $34 per person, plus tax. The kids get snacks (pretzels or goldfish crackers) and a juice box. There are two castmembers on the boat, and on this cruise there were 6 kids (3 girls, 3 boys). The youngest was 4 and the oldest just turned 8.

My 7 yo wasn't really excited about going at first, but my 4yo was thrilled that no parents were allowed! When the boat returned everyone was having a good time. Both of my boys loved it. While they were out on the water, they were given clues to find the buried treasure. Once they had found the treasure, pirates appered to try to steal the treasure. One pirate was in a little boat and another was on one of these waverunners. One pirate succeeded in stealing away the key to the treasure!

When they returned to the dock, one of the kids had to find the key to the treasure in the pirates boat. As CM on the dock had a sword fight with the pirate. Two of the kids carried the treasure up to the dock, where they unlocked the treasure: goody bags filled with bead necklaces, plastic compasses, pirate rubber duckies, a toy ring, and an eye patch. The kids were all given bandanas and a plastic sword.

My boys loved it, and said they would like to do it again. They were both singing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" all day.

The kids' pirate ship
P1020801.jpg

P1020807.jpg

One of the pirates
P1020815.jpg

Another pirate
P1020814.jpg

The pirate in pursuit of the treasure
P1020819.jpg

Bringing the treasure ashore
P1020827.jpg

Thanks for posting the review! We were on the boardwalk watching a group in November, and we could tell they were having a blast!

Thanks for the review. I am definately going to look into this for my grandson. We are going to WDW in May and he would love this.
I took him on the Pirate Cruise in Clearwater and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. This would be fun too.

This was the best event my kids did 2 years ago. They had the best time ever. My DD said it was great going into Epcot's World Showcase while it was still closed to the public. So they were the only ones there. Don't forget their running shoes though, no crocs allowed.

My DH and I had a lovely breakfast at the the Yacht Club by ourselves. A nice break for us. :dance3:

At one point we could hear the laughter and pirate YO Ho -ing from across the lake. They were laughing so loudly when they returned. Great thing to do for both boys and girls.

P1090308.jpg

P1090304.jpg

P1090318.jpg

P1090321.jpg

P1090325.jpg

I agree this is a fun event! My kids did it a couple of years ago and had loads of fun! It was a nice break for me too!! While the kids were on their cruise I shopped around the BW/BC/YC area, had a snack, and enjoyed the lovely weather waiting for them to come back. :)

We are going to Boulevard Inn with the kids in May and I have a 6, 4 and 2 year old and was thinking about having the older boys do the pirate cruise.

My DD is 10 and she wants to go on this cruise
she did a few years back and loved it
Is she too old
I know is says up to 12 but if i recall correctly the last time she went it was mostly younger kidsany thoughts?

Does anyone know the minimum age required to do this? My son will be 2 months shy of 4 when we go on our next trip. Thanks a lot!

I think the minimum age is 4? We had DS booked on the 10th for the cruise at the GF, but the weather cancelled the voyage after we checked him in. He was really disappointed, and we couldn't get him in again with our schedule. I guess we will be sending him on the trip next time we go.

Karlzmom,

Thank you for the info. - I had a feeling it was 4. Hope your son gets to do it next time!

My DD is 10 and she wants to go on this cruise
she did a few years back and loved it
Is she too old
I know is says up to 12 but if i recall correctly the last time she went it was mostly younger kidsany thoughts?

I was going to ask pretty much the same question. My dd did the pirate cruise from the gf when she was 7. We are staying at the BC next time and dd will be 10. She would really love to go on this one but I don't want her to be several years older than everyone else.

Do you know what days the pirate cruise out of BC/YC is offered? I have seen an old post that says Mon/Wed/Fri, but I'm not sure if that still applies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for posting your review! Where do I find out more information about this? I searched the Disney World site which brought up the Mom's panel. They just posted about the Pirate's League at the Magic Kingdom.

Great summary. We were going to wait until 2013, but I may have to sign the boys up this year. I would love to hear about other peoples' experiences.

I was just researching this for my 10 yr old son.. I was unsure about it because of his Peanut/tree nut allergy..I read here they did snack with gold fish..I'm going to call now and hope it's true so I can get him in. My DD did it when she was about 6 and loved it, that was 12 yrs ago.:scared1: where did time go..lol..I would love to have my son experience this too,:)

Ahhh, I miss the good ole days. My kids did the Pirate Cruise from the GF 4 years ago and they still tell those silly pirate jokes they learned. They loved it!!! One of the highlights of their trip that year. Now there are so many different Pirate Cruises it would be difficult to decide which to do. All Ears has information on all of them. I honestly don't think 10 would be too old. My oldest was 9 at the time and there were a couple kids older than him and they all had a blast!!!

Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter