Beach Club is 2/3rds Sold Out

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
I just received an email from DVC offering current members a $10 per point discount for add-ons of 100 points or more. The other interesting mention was that BCVs was 2/3rds sold out. These latest figures certainly make for a strong case that BCVs will sell out some time this year, particularly with the Easter and Summer seasons(traditionally busy sale periods for DVC)on the horizon. Here's a copy of part of the email I received:

"Open since last July, Disney's Beach Club Villas is already
two-thirds sold out, making it our fastest selling resort! Time
is running out for you and your family to begin a new tradition
at this magical place-and we've got a special offer for you.

Save $10 per Vacation Point when you purchase an additional
ownership interest of 100 Vacation Points or more! With our
Magical Beginnings offer, you can receive a cash credit which
requires an exchange of all or a portion of your first year of
your Add-On Vacation Points.

Don't miss this opportunity! Remember that your Add-On must have
the same Use Year as your Master Contract. Some Use Years will
sell out sooner than others.

To purchase an additional ownership interest in Disney's Beach
Club Villas, call your Vacation Club Guide, Roland Lammers, at
(800) 827-3514, or contact a DISNEY VACATION CLUB representative
at (800) 840-3707."

My question is since BCV is 66% sold out and SSR is no where near completion, why did they raise the MB from $5 to $10 per point? It would seem logical that they would want to slow sales some so they are not left without any inventory at all (hence the price increase), rather than try to spend it up with higher MB. I mean, isn't that why HH and VB were $15/pt and VWL and BCV were $5/pt? When we bought, it was $80/pt and $5 MB for $75/pt. Now its $84/pt and $10 MB for $74/pt. I could have waited and paid $1 less per point with the current MB. I just don't get it!

I wonder if they are trying to push sales so they can buyback more of what's for sale out in the resale market??? I got the same e-mail today.

BCV was claimed to be roughly 40% sold out on opening day July 1, 2002 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/dvc/bcvillas/bcchat.html). If it were 2/3 sold on Feb 1, that would mean it has been selling at the rate of 4% per month over the last 7 months. Actually my guide said 70%, but clearly without a sales spurt there is no way it will be sold out by "late Spring" (unless that means "September").

That goes a long way toward explaining the MB promotion.

While sellout is probably not as imminent as they would like us to believe, it would still be sensible to buy whatever points you want in the near future. Use years are a great sales tactic at this stage, and you can bet that statistics on which use years are running short will not be forthcoming.

I think Disney is using both MB and more aggressively asserting their right of first refusal to squeeze out the resale market. Not only will they ultimately have more control over price, they can make owners happy who are looking for add-ons for months/resorts which are sold out. They logically would want to be the primary source of DVC inventory, for the goodwill and repeat business aspect. I mean, I would think that the more sales that are made by Disney the more money for Disney.

Sounds like a wise business decision.

Is there anyone out there who does not think that the supply of dvc clients will dry out once Beach Club sells out? There will still be buyers, but once the location of Beach CLub is gone won't Disney have to work for their money?

At some point without the location of VWL and BCV, DVC will have to compete with the Marriotts and the new mega timeshare being built near the Caribbean Beach Resort.

Just my two cents.

Larry

I think location is very important. But with the Saratoga Springs location near DD and PI, that Location selling factor will still exsist for DVC.

I confess, I hope they stop building DVC resorts after Saratoga Springs. The more DVC resorts there are, it seems the the less bargaining power exsist when using points for Cruises and other Disney resorts. I take that back maybe one more DVC I'd like to see would be a DVC cruise ship.

Let's look into the future.
Once Saratoga Springs sells out. Realistically this could even mean the new buildings DVC is building lakeside and the conversion of the remainder of Institute rooms to DVC. We are looking at a few years or more down the road.

What will be built next?

Everyone wants an AKL or a DVC/DCL. But it is unrealistic to think this will happen when there are 5,000 Pop Century rooms unoccupied. Maybe Disney will demolish part of Pop Century and convert them to DVC.

Of course if Disney does not invest some serious money into the infrastructure of their 4 main parks, the only people visiting WDW will be DVCers and APers.

Larry

Eagle Pines is already on the drawing board after Saratoga Springs. It will be a golf resort near Fort Wilderness.

I received one of those "DVC Member" ball caps at an OKW "Member Update" meeting around the 1st of December for correctly answering the question, "Which on of the DVC resorts sold out the quickest?" My answer was VWL.

Has BCV surpassed VWL already?

When BCV finally <i>does</i> sell out, it will be interesting to see if it really <i>did</i> beat VWL...

I don't understand, VWL are still selling. Why would anyone say they are sold out? What I'm I missing?

Eagle Pines is already on the drawing board after Saratoga Springs. It will be a golf resort near Fort Wilderness.
Personally, I don't think Eagle Pines will happen, even though it hasn't been officially taken off the table. I think Saratoga Springs is the substitute, and given it's location to DD, a good one. Selling 550 units there will take a while I imagine. There's plenty of room for expansion beyond the 550.

We echo the desire for an AKL DVC, beyond that it would merely be supply and demand, we have no want for another location than what already exists - some express a desire for a monorail location.
VWL did sell out some time ago...what they offer now is buybacks and foreclosures (people failed to make payments). The inventory is very low and offered seldom.

My guess is that BCVs will sell-out before the end of this year, probably in the fall/early winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter