Beach Club... Good Bad & Ugly...

We're staying at BC for the first time in 2 days. And we're are totally looking forward to it but.....IMHO if I was travelling with a DD4 and was choosing among the deluxe resorts I'd pick Poly or GF. Both have beaches plus the monorail. And MK and the castle are what it's all about at that age. Just one opinion.:blush:

Good: Beautiful resort, best resort pool and great location.
Another goodie: Lots of food choices if you don't like Cape May or Beaches and cream, you've got the entire broadwalk to choose from, plus walk into Epcot and you've got all the restaurants in the world showcase.
Good part 3. You can go across to the boardwalk and have a little night time entertainment or stroll the boards.
Bad: can't think of any. Transportation has always been great. Bus to AK was slow 1 time, but hey I'm on vacation.. I don't wear a watch.
NO Ugly

How far is the walk to the Boardwalk? We're staying here in Nov for the first time and just can't wait!! ....we'll be in the villas...do all of the villas have balconies?...oh, and I thin kit has its own pool--Dunes Cove maybe? is it right within the villas? thanks!!:goodvibes

We're staying at BC for the first time in 2 days.

ellenmiele: We'll see you there! We'll be at BC April 11-14!!!! Have a great vacation.

If the balcony is a dealbreaker to you, you can just stay at the Yacht Club. It's the same everything as the Beach Club, but you are guaranteed a balcony. The only difference is that the rooms in the Yacht Club are blue and white, while the rooms in the Beach Club are seafoam green and pink. It's no more "stuffy" than the Beach Club.

If you do think you are going to be spending most of your time in the MK, however, I second considering one of the monorail resorts (although balconies aren't guaranteed at the Poly or the Contemporary if that is a problem) because that would probably be the easiest thing to do. You get two non-bus parks with each (EPCOT and MGM with the YC/BC and MK and EPCOT with the monorail resorts), but you probably won't be spending much time in MGM with a 4 year old anyways and Animal Kingdom is a bus no matter what. You lose Stormalong Bay at the monorail resorts, but the differences between SAB and any other resort pool are going to be lost on a 4 year old anyways because the biggest difference is the size of the pool and that it has the longest most intense waterslide of all the resorts.

BAD: There are rooms with DOUBLE beds here!:eek: I don't know about you, but if I am paying top rate for a deluxe...I would freak if I got a double bed. Request queen beds on your ressie.

How far is the walk to the Boardwalk? We're staying here in Nov for the first time and just can't wait!! ....we'll be in the villas...do all of the villas have balconies?...oh, and I thin kit has its own pool--Dunes Cove maybe? is it right within the villas? thanks!!:goodvibes

Not sure if all the villas have balconies, we've always gotten one. The walk to the Boardwalk is very quick. There is a path that runs behind the villas and then the regular rooms and it lead right out to the bridge that goes to the Boardwalk. We used it to go to Epcot too, saved having to walk through the lobby.
Yep, Dune Coves is the pool, it is right by the Villas.

You lose Stormalong Bay at the monorail resorts, but the differences between SAB and any other resort pool are going to be lost on a 4 year old anyways because the biggest difference is the size of the pool and that it has the longest most intense waterslide of all the resorts.
Actually what my DS liked the best when he was 4 was the sand bar part of the pool with the zero depth entry. That's what my 3 year old liked the best this time as well. I don't believe you can get that at any other pool. ;)

popcorn:: We will be staying at BCV for the first time October 24-31. After reading some of your replies I'm alittle concerned about the buses to AK and MK. If we want to be at MK for the opening ceremony, how much time should we allow ourselves to get there by bus?

We are going next month..... I would say @ :45min

BAD: There are rooms with DOUBLE beds here!:eek: I don't know about you, but if I am paying top rate for a deluxe...I would freak if I got a double bed. Request queen beds on your ressie.

Really! There are double beds at the BC? :scared1: I didn't know that. I would assume that all deluxe had queen size or larger. Man, I'd be soooooooo PO'd if I walked in our BC room and found double beds. That is one of the main reasons we'd upgrade from moderate resorts. Are there that many rooms with double beds? If you request queen beds, is there any guarrantee that you'd get them?

Our family of 5 loved everything about the BC. Here is our top 10 list

10. Very friendly CM's and Art the Greeter
9. Beautiful resort and grounds
8. Clean, cheery room with double sink, safe, frige, and daybed for our little one.
7. Shipwreck from Hurricane Hanna's deliverd to my lounge chair...YUM!
6. Our "standard view" was of lush gardens with full balcony
5. Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast just downstairs
4. Transportation options (walk to EPCOT, boat to MGM)
3. Beaches and Cream
2. SAB - WOW!
1. Location, Location, Location

We enjoyed evening strolls to the Boardwalk, watching our kids play in the sand on the beach, the Marketplace for yummy snacks and refilling our mug.

I can't think of anything bad or ugly!

GOOD: Pool, walk to Epcot in 5-10 minutes tops, walk to Boardwalk in 5-10 minutes tops, walk or boat to MGM, endless eating options within walking distance (BC, YC, Boardwalk, Epcot countries), walk back to BC after Illuminations at night, Beaches & Cream, atmosphere in general.

BAD: Room size is not as large as Poly and CR, not all rooms have full balconies.

UGLY: N/A for us.

Good: location, pool, non-bus transpo to 2 of the 4 parks

Bad: it seems like the rooms are never ready to check-in before 2 or 3 p.m.

Ugly: The 'Mystery Bus Adventure' - you may have a bus that is just YC/BC, or YC/BC/BW, or all 5 resorts. It is unpredictable, and could vary, depending on the park in question, time of day, position of the moon in relation to the Earth, etc...

We went last Saturday for the night, arrived at 10am and our room was ready - boy were we surprised!!

Love the pool - but is is HUGE and there are "traps", you think you are walking around and will be able to get to the other side only to find it's an island!!

We loved our stay there and will be back in October.

Every room we have ever stayed in has had Queen beds!

My only Ugly is the Entrance drive. Since they built the Villas the mob at the Valet/Loading area is horrendous. I swear everyone but me is in a minivan with 6-8 people, 3 strollers and enough luggage AND Groceries for a 3 week stay. They seem to require 3 bellman for each minivan and grab up all available luggage carts. Forget normal valet parking service here... it'll take 10-15 mins just to drop off your car. Consequently MK bus is a much better and probably faster alternative than trying to retrieve a rental car.
(This was one of the main deciding points for us switching to Magical Express)

BTW: We've stayed at a room in the Yacht Club without a Balcony.

I loved the BC and the YC.
Beaches and Cream is fun and different from the other restaurants.

The whole area is fantastic. :cool1:

Only stayed there once but here's my 2 cents:

The Good:

~ The pool (of course)
~ Walking to EPCOT (it's nice to be able to walk over just to see Illuminations and walk back to your room)
~ The beds (soooooo comfy!)

The Bad:

~ Sharing the bus/boat with other deluxes
~ Marketplace (didn't like the limited selection, jmho)

The Ugly:

~Leaving

libinatorsmom--we are from SE Iowa!!! Small World!! We will just miss you! We are heading in May 21st 2008! We love the EPCOT area. We love the BWI but always visit Beaches -n- Cream and take a surrey bike around Crescent Lake. You will love the area!! Have a great trip!:thumbsup2

We absolutely LOVE the Beach Club. We have stayed at the Villas on our last two family vacation there. The biggest two pros for us as a family is the quick walk to Epcot (which is our favorite park) and the BC's pool (Stormalong Bay). I cannot think of one bad thing about the BC or the Villas honestly. We did have to share a bus with YC, Swan, Dolphin and Boardwalk when we were there last but the ride really wasn't that bad. Of course when we were there last, it was considered "Value Season" and the crowds at the park were very light. My girlfriend just came home from WDW on April 9th and she said she waited 2 hours and 25 minutes for Space Mountain!

We love visiting the Beach Club! It is a beautiful resort with a great location. That said, I too think you would be better served by a monorail resort that is closer to the Magic Kingdom, we love the Poly. The pool, in my opinion, is more small child friendly, not as many nooks and crannies to loose sight of them in, and also has a zero entry. You will have fun no matter what you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter