Beach Club, extra day bed or full balcony?

GaDisneyFreak

Earning My Ears
Ok, so I got this oh so incredible rate for the Beach Club right before Labor Day next year and it looks as if that is where we will be staying. For those of you that have stayed there, which was more important to you. Getting a room with the day bed in it, or a room with the full balcony? We are a family of four. I guess I will just request witch ever at check in.

Really, it's which one is more important to YOU and your family. Do the kids mind sharing a bed? Do you like to sit out on the balcony with a cup of coffee in the morning, or after the kids go to bed at night?

Most of my trips these days are solo, so the balcony would be more important. But when I was a kid, my sister and I could not share a bed at all, so the daybed was always important. If we didn't get a daybed, she would rather make a bed with the bedspreads and sleep on the floor than share with me (I toss and turn a lot and she talks in her sleep - a bad combination any way you look at it, lol!).

Whichever is more important to you, call and have the request added to your reservation now - don't wait until check in. You can request both things, but put the more important request first.

I agree with the pp to put the request on your reservation now and don't wait until check in. I would also list both requests, with the most important one first as the pp suggested. If, at check in, you are given a room that doesn't meet your requests, you can always ask if one will be available later if you are willing to wait for your room. Even though requests are not guaranteed, the CMs do everything they can to accommodate guests. Good luck and enjoy the BC.

Since we are a family of 5, when staying at the Beach Club, we got the daybed. We also requested the full balcony. If there were 4 of us, I'd request only the full balcony, because it truly adds to the room at the Beach club. DH and I sat on the balcony several times while the kids slept in the room.

We just got back from the Beach Club and had requested both a daybed and a full balcony ahead of time. Luckily we got both, because someone would have been unhappy if it was only one or the other.

For a family that size, probably the daybed.End of August it is so blind stinking hot, I never spent anytime on the balcony except for super early in the morning and the year we didnt have a balcony we didnt miss it much

I had a BC ressie once and then cancelled. We are a family of 5. I hate to choose between Balcony and Day Bed. However, I know that they would give us an additional bed for 5th person (roll away). We depend on the balcony for our warm weather stays. Even if it is very hot outside, we do use the balcony as additional sitting area at night and for a place to put swim suits and water shoes (don't want to crowd a bathroom which is already crowded with 5 people). If you want to feel safer to get both, book the YC or BWI while staying in Epcot area.

For us the full balcony was most important, and we stayed in August. I still enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the morning, and evenings and sometimes mid day if we were back for a mid day break. Our room wasn't in direct sun in the afternoon.
I had my 1 request added on my reservation. I wouldn't wait till arrival, when all the rooms are already assigned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter