Beach Club - Club Level (concierge); any recent reviews?

Bumping up -- looking for recent Beach Club - Club Level reviews.

I originally booked a standard BC room for this summer's trip. Then I upgraded to Club Level. I recently dropped back down to a standard room after reading a lot of the posts and reviews. I don't want to have to compete for food and table spots. To me a prime benefit of CL is that it provides you an oasis from the hustle and bustle. I also question whether my kids would eat any of the evening offerings. They can be very picky ;)

BC lover here. Stayed 3 times now.

Stayed BC CL end of 01/09. We had 2 rooms, unfortunately they were much smaller than the BC standard rooms we had on previous visits. (At BC, you have varying sized rooms throughout the resort, not just the CL floor--we were unlucky.) Our rooms were very clean and recently refurbished. Very nice.

The CL lounge is extremely small and closed in. It's a recently refurbished square room with 2 tables for 4-5 guests, and 5 tables that seat 2guests. There is a very small children's tv area with 5 mini seats around it and a table in the center for kids. There is also a flat panel tv for adults, but it is only about 10' from the children's tv, so it's hard to hear. There is no "buffer" for tired cranky kids to have there own divided space--it's "right there". If you opt to go, hope for happy kids. (Love kids, have two of my own, no flames!) There is also a small uncovered balcony with 3 tables that seat 2. The tables for the food/drink offerings are packed in together with a lot of crowding and not much counter space. Every night we stayed, there was a hot soup offering and one hot appetizer that changed each night. (Often seafood based soup. Hot appetizer examples: chinese dumplings, steak kabobs, wontons, etc. The steak kabobs were very good, but the others tasted microwaved from Sam's Club.) Everynight the cold offerings were exactly the same: veggies with spinach dip, hummus with pitas, ham/cream cheese pinwheels, chips, marinated olives/peppers, cheese & crackers and uncrustables-pb&j. Beer, wine and other alcohol was included.

Every morning the breakfast offerings were exactly the same: danishes (same kind every day), muffins (same kind every day), cold cereal, plain & raisin bagels & cream cheese. Fruit bowl= apples, bananas, oranges. Milk, coffee, juice.

Every evening the dessert was exactly the same: mini-sized cheesecake, chocolate mousse, assorted cookies, raspberry-lemon mini-pies. Gummy worms. Cordials.

Snack was usually goldfish, gummy worms, skittles or m&m's and sometimes cookies.

Pop was always out, but it isn't cold--so you have to use the provided ice, provided they remembered to fill the ice bucket. The CM's were always hiding-out in the back pantry area (there is no kitchen) and were slow to put out food, often a full 15 minutes after the stated time. We often had to ask for things to be refilled--there isn't much room so they put little bits out at a time, but often forgot to restock.

It wasn't that great--not bad--just not great. I would NEVER STAY BC CL WHEN WDW IS EXPECTED TO BE REALLY BUSY. There isn't enough room or staff. We often couldn't find a table, and I believe the week we were there in January was a slow time...

Just my .02. YMMV.;) Oh--and the quality of the food was better than the Poly CL, but the lack of variety was daunting.

My daughter and I stayed BC CL last August. We had a wonderful time and the staff was very nice. HOWEVER, as others have said the lounge is very small. We usually brought our food back to the room and went out on our balcony. We always seemed to have breakfast and sometimes the evening offerings, but never made it back for the desserts. We love having the meal plan these days so for us we are thinking that club level does not really work for us anymore. Add to that the fact that when we all go (four of us) one room does not work for us anymore regardless of the size of the room. We need two rooms or use our DVC points for a 2 bedroom. For years we stayed Poly CL and LOVED LOVED it. BC was nice, but IMHO did not compare to the Poly. Also I have found in recent years that people have become very rude with the food and are using it for a meal, which is not what CL is about. Basically, we had a great time at the BC and would stay again, but if I stayed CL I think I would try the YC.

Enjoy The Magic!!

I just got back from BC CL. We were there all last week. And I have to agree the club isnt BAD, but it's not great and there is alot of room for improvement. We always felt crowded in there, they served the same things every day and evening. IMHO, it doesnt compare to the lounge at AKL or my beloved Sugarloaf:lovestruc.....but we were at the BC and we did have an awesome time!! I will say the staff was the best I have encountered on club level....they treated us so nicely and they were extremely helpful to us. I love the whole Epcot area, so my next trip will be BW club level. I hope to see more variety there and more room.

My daughter and I stayed BC CL last August. We had a wonderful time and the staff was very nice. HOWEVER, as others have said the lounge is very small. We usually brought our food back to the room and went out on our balcony. We always seemed to have breakfast and sometimes the evening offerings, but never made it back for the desserts. We love having the meal plan these days so for us we are thinking that club level does not really work for us anymore. Add to that the fact that when we all go (four of us) one room does not work for us anymore regardless of the size of the room. We need two rooms or use our DVC points for a 2 bedroom. For years we stayed Poly CL and LOVED LOVED it. BC was nice, but IMHO did not compare to the Poly. Also I have found in recent years that people have become very rude with the food and are using it for a meal, which is not what CL is about. Basically, we had a great time at the BC and would stay again, but if I stayed CL I think I would try the YC.

Enjoy The Magic!!

Does the Yacht Club have a bigger club room?

Thanks,
Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter